It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas deputy says UFO caught on patrol car video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Texas deputy says UFO caught on patrol car video

www.americanchronicle.com

Joiner reported that the officers observed the object on the "dash cam" in the patrol car and could clearly see it by using the camera's zoom feature.

"To your naked eye it looked like a bright light and I couldn't really tell if it was moving, but I don't think it was," Joiner quoted Clifton as saying.

Clifton explained, "What it looked like is difficult to describe because there is nothing to compare it to," according to Joiner's reporting.

The object was a transparent or translucent appearance, Joiner reported Clifton as saying.

The deputy also noted that the object had "a fog or vapor or cloud around it" and he saw red, white and blue colors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Now,

Did I miss something?

Or

Did they not mention where to find this dash cam video?

Wheres the evidence?

www.americanchronicle.com

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Whats the use of the article without the video?!? Lets hope the video shows up sometime in the near future. Good find, anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
it's probably gonna be tough to get a video of it. Especially if the police have it. Hopefully it will get leaked soon! interesting find

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
coast to coast on friday night had linda howell, she said the cops arent releasing the video to the public.... doesnt take a surgeon to figure that the were told not to release the video by some one else. The few stephenville pics i've seen are kind of compelling, and a little bit unusual. a lot of streaky lights that some people have described as glyphs projected in the sky.

Just on a side note, not trying to derail, but it makes me upset how every single news anchor that has talked about stephenville does it in such a toungue in cheek manor, almost openly mocking the whole subject, even though there has so far been decent footage and many reports that are all describing the same thing, including several police officers, which usually count high on the credability list.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Joiner reported that the officers observed the object on the "dash cam" in the patrol car and could clearly see it by using the camera's zoom feature.

Now, I wonder if we can track down the type of cameras used for dash cams. Then find out the optical and digital zoom capabilities.

If the camera is quality, then there would be reason not to disclose the video to the public.

The video, I am sure, shows something unexplainable, at the same time the video being stable and mounted, when zoomed the object shouldn't shutter and shake like a hand held. Also its a police cruiser, which lends credibility to the whole thing.

So we have this....

An officer zoomed in on an unknown object, and with a stable quality shot, caught something incredible and/or unexplainable on camera, pressure is put on the PD and the video never sees the light of day.

I hope this gets leaked, that would be HUGE for the UFO community!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

and he saw red, white and blue colors.

LOL!!!! When I thought about that in visual terms I got a good laugh!

On a different note, I had a dream about transparent UFO's last summer, super vivid, almost like Lightships or something. Kinda odd how they described those crafts.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hasn't anyone here ever saw a world's wildest police videos show or anything like that.... police dash cam quality is terrible at best.

I would expect a blob at best.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I doubt this video will ever see the light of day, since it's police property and has no relevence to any kind of earthly criminal case.
If it does, it'll be easily mocked since dash cams are crappy, even with the zoom turned on. It's probably only in black and white, too.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by writtenimage]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Oh, how conveniant for the police footage to dissapear

I am starting to wonder if this story is real or not, like so many posts on ATS.

Oh, and to the Op....I wasn't having a go at you...just the story

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I completely agree with you. I REALLY think, a lot of people out there are seeking their 15min of fame. And what is the easiest way? To claim a UFO sighting. It is very trendy now to say you have seen one. It is no longer taboo like it was years ago.

Now with that said. I DO believe that people have real sightings. My point is that I think a lot of people just make it up too.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yeah well its either claim you've seen a UFO or claim that you're and Indigo Child, or star child or some other weird alien being

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
ah , so the concensus [ among 3 ats members at leat ] is that the nefarious and ubiquitous " they " have burried the tape

isnt it amazing that none of " they " remembered to order the two officers to keep quiet

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

This isn't one of the scenarios where "they" need to tell them - they're probably being berated about making the force look bad by going plane spotting instead of paying attention to the job.

Now mix that up with some gritty crime drama cliches and you'll have yourself an explanation.

Anyway, i think i might have found ol' officer Leroy in one of the various websites that have popped up recently.

It looks like it's going off of the NGE-esque angel design with these ones now that i think about it.

All the recent sightings shown here seem to be showing a potential biological anomaly that is not manufactured by nature.

There are limitless possibilities for where these things came from, some as fantastical as inter-dimensionary travel.

p.s; in the video "Leroy" only has about 20 seconds of screen-time, and the rest of it seems to be made up of more flowing lights.

Apologies to anyone who is expecting the dash-cam recording, i don't think you'll be getting it.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Becuase I'm not a lawyer this might sound a bit stupid???But can or is there a any law under the freedom of information act that we can use to get a copy of this dash cam tape? Now if so is anyone lurking around who can get our members in Texas some ammo to use to help get a copy? I just can't see how if this is not showing a "crime" and isn't being used in a court case why it can't be released to the public. Just kinda of a force of hands "if" there is a law we can use to get a copy and they say that the Air Force has taken the tape or put some sort of classification on it then at the very lest we can start to form a trail of sorts as to "what" the hell is going on down there and "why" the hell the government is sealing police dash cams. I mean we might not get the tape but we might can force a hand to be dealt that could give us a little info so we can try to fill in the blanks?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Those videos are from the 90's at best, they are terrible because the show is old as hell.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

The chemtrails they have been spraying over the years, form a "screen" over the earth. There are several hundred satellites up in space, they can easily project on this "screen", pretty much anything.

I am thinking they are laughing right now, at all of you.
With a lot of money, it can be done

They are merely tests
ETs do exist, governments know and are using that Fear to manipulate you.

How about you get a large laser lights(green or blue), not just a pointer, but something the size of perhaps 100+ laser pointer lights something very powerful with a long reach. Beam it towards the light next time you see something like this, see what happens

Most UFO's from other places won't enter our atmosphere, we are danger to ourselves (WARS), so we are danger to them.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well said my friend...

Could have easily been what happened that day.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There has been plenty of police dash cam use in recent media. The quality is the same.

Bad.

Chances are the video is already recorded over anyways. If there was no criminal activity, chances are they would not retrieve it for archive purposes etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Im going to do some digging....Be back in a few with some information about dash cams.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join