It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hell Freezing Over? One Scientist Says Yes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by Beachcoma

Dr. Plug...of RECTAL

This is not a one line post. This is not even a real thread.

That bit had me choking on my coffee.. lol

Funny stuff

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

lol..
..good stuff dood

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO

He does, however, point at a number of disturbing coincidences:

* House Bill HR 8552, The IRS Dissolution and National Flat Tax Implementation Act, is scheduled for a vote in mid-March;
* Steve Jobs has been seen socially with Bill Gates;
* Larry King is considering celibacy;
* Israel is throwing in the towel and, starting next week, is moving to upstate New York;
* A man 119 years old, fitting the description and answering the name of Adolph Hitler was discovered in Argentina three months ago. When told about Dr. Whitehead’s conclusions, he responded that he was pretty happy about that.

[edit on 24-2-2008 by KMFNWO]

Until i read the section above.

I found this moderately interesting and having just gone threw the coldest days i can ever remember in the north of england , i thought there might be some truth to it.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Read the whole post, had a great laugh
and to top it off with the answer by the college students exam
. We needed that...thanks!!!

[edit on 2/25/2008 by pstrron]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen --

I'm pleased KMFNWO posted my article (really) and I'm glad all of you enjoyed it so much.

I've sort of held back from signing up here, and then when I saw this I thought it was finally time to jump in and see what the water was like.

All the best,

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Darn it, you people beat me to all the scientific postulation about black holes, and the RECTAL agency.

Well I still have this theory about Uranus .... that is really where RECTAL - The Black Hole phenomenon is based out of, or is it into ...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

This would fit in the "hollow earth" theory real well.. here are some interview;

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
WWOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL RIGHTTTTT!!!!!!

YEEAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Why am I so happy?

Because apparently, in a few years, there's about 30 women who will be obligated by verbal contract to give me a "certain something...."

It's time for Pimpdaddy Matt to get his groove on

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
My understanding is that most of the heat generated by earth is from radioactive uranium. You can't remove this and it won't just cool off, maybe their calculations aren't up to far (thus the need for validation?!!).

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
To All --

Forgive me, but it seems like it is probably appropriate that, as the author, I confirm that the article is a parody. The "science" in it is what they used to call in science fiction circles "PSG" -- pseudo-scientific garbage.

And I should know, because I collected it.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by DanielBrenton to add content]

It might be interesting to speculate if a black hole would actually produce the effects I described here, but I am not a physicist, and unlike Cory Doctorow, I don't pretend to play one on television.

I know David Brin wrote a novel called Earth that used this same scenario, of a black hole eating the Earth up from inside. I suspect, though, there might be a smattering of PSG there also ...

[edit on 25-2-2008 by DanielBrenton]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Okay people...we need to flag it and star it like it is the most important thread ever. Then add psuedo-serious posts to the thread just to see how many people actually read through the whole thread before they post their really smart "scientific" replies.

I am a naughty girl.

kosmicjack --

I like how you're thinking.

Actually, I wanted to comment. I've written a few pieces like this and I've run into the same sort of phenomenon, where there always seems to be a few people who don't pick up on the humor and zero in on the apparently "factual" stuff.

This I think this is actually something fairly serious that merits discussion in the overall UFO community.

Naturally this kind of thing makes me grin, but in reflection, maybe what's happening here is that the people who are focused on looking for a specific kind of material cut through anything that would be extraneous to what they're expecting and tend to ignore it.

I'm really not trying to make idiots out of anyone. I'm just trying to find a tone that "feels" sort of real, which makes the absurdity of it jump out more.

I did have one fellow comment some time ago that an earlier piece seemed to have more internal consistency than a lot of UFO reports. Flattering in a way.

Another thing that has struck me about this is that the hoaxes sometimes aren't written very well. If I run across something (yes, let me say the magic word SERPO) that is written poorly, isn't fleshed out very well, and really runs contrary to what we tend to expect in this stuff, I tend to think that the hoaxer has done a pretty poor job.

Not that there should be hoaxes at all, of course, but to those hoax writers out there, if you're going to do it anyway, do your homework first and don't insult our intelligence.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This makes me wonder... If Earth was cooling off would it also cause a change in gravity and/or magnetic fields?

[edit on 1-3-2008 by RexxCrow]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RexxCrow

We'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and say this was one of the psuedo-scientific posts I suggested.

But it is Saturday and I've had a beer or two so who knows how many you have had!

Peace!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join