It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone supply me with a pic of Saddams golden AK47s?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Ok Gold plated. I was gonna say that would be one heavy mother...

Yeah, an off the rack AK-47 weighs 4,300g or 9.5 pounds, if my math is correct.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here's a photo I harvested off the Internet a while back. Who knew there was such a market for gold plated Dragunov sniper rifles?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
dude i found a fake AK47 in a five and dime shop in the toy section. it looked so real and even made the right noise, not the fake crap. not as deafening, though. but still, could shock anyone i know! pretty soon, instead of kids playin cops and robbers its gonna be a friendly game of Bush and Sadaam.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Holy Shiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!
i want one!?!?!?! Name a price

(sniper rifle)

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This article says "Crates of 24-carat gold pistols and gold-plated semiautomatic Kalashnikovs have been discovered in a Baghdad warehouse, US security forces told rediff.com on Saturday.
The weaponry, worth millions of dollars, is believed to have belonged to Iraqi President Saddam Hussein."
"Gen Garner will be asked to decide what to do with the gold weapons. There are enough of these James Bond-style Walther P38 Colt pistols and Tabuk-made Kalashnikovs to fill a museum."

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I want one tooo!!!! I had never heard of this untill i saw your post. VERY KEWL!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
THAT $HIT IS PIMP

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
shoot man, gold teeth and chains are out, now all the kids want gold plated AK's. So what the heck, I'll take 2 of each. LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Would be great to have one of them sniper rifles and then brought it on elk hunt. I would love to see the faces of the old guys when I uncovered my rifle. Hehe. But ofcourse, I would need someone to carry the gun, must probably weigh in at atleast fifteen kilos or something. But I guess the pimpish image would make people crawl to be allowed to carry it. Just look at you guys.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm afraid that a gold SVD would be rather useless for sniping, Remember camouflage. And the forests of gold are where the leprechans live

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
[edit on 5-6-2006 by Ford Farmer]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They may fire, you are not going to be able to fire of round after round. gold is to soft.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
My uncle has a crapload of these pictures. He just got out of an Iraq stint and he was near either baghdad or tikrit. He has a pic of him holding a golden one and a silver one. They are actually really cool looking.

bling bling

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It wasnt only AK-47s that go the gold treatment. Heres some pics of golden SVD sniper rifles.

www.dragunov.net...

heres some more pictures

www.ak-47.us...

Even a nickel plated AK-74 in there

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Everyone wants the gold treatment

MP5
img112.imageshack.us...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
wow gold plated with some nice engraving work. I think that type of engraving is still all done by hand and requires many hours of skilled work. I imagine that would cost a pretty penny.

Not a bad present from the Jordanian forces

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
$Gold$

It looks nice, but might not always be an improvement for the item's intended function.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A gold plated plunger

I think in Iraq they found gold sink fixtures, a gold toilet paper dispenser and even gold plated toilets.

Ive seen the toilets before on TV so they really are out there.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Always good to know you can poo in luxury.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I would love to have on of those :S

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join