It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just have to!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
www.hq.nasa.gov...

This one is just great!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Isn't there anyone who sees anything strange in this video? Play it back and forth a couple of times....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
Isn't there anyone who sees anything strange in this video? Play it back and forth a couple of times....

Blessings,
Mikromarius
What do you find strange about it?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I must not have the proper program to view this.

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ummm...what are we watching for?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
well unless they are standing in a huge crater....where is the sky ?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
I must not have the proper program to view this.

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.
.MOV files can only be played by the Quicktime media player.

In the background of the clip, I see a wall behind the astronauts, I guess there are caverns on the moon?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
shouldnt we be able to see the horizon behind them ? I mean the camera isnt pointed at the ground....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Occasional light spots and a streak-flash in the background?

Light spot appears on the upper left and disappears, shortly before the streak.

Light streak on right side about 3/4ths thru the movie.

Thats all I could see.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThinker

The sky in black in space

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

The sky in black in space

no #....but where the hell is it ?????

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sorry, didnt mean to come off that way. I realize the sky is black in space and hopefully everyone that is a member of ATS knows this...but my point was this - unless they are in a huge crater or unless the camera was pointed at the ground which it obviously wasnt, then we should be able to see the sky....but we cant...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Look especially on the flag just after they get it up, how it then flaps, and eventually how it returns to the exact shape. They claim it's because of how they folded it to fit inside some hulster, but look at it. Also look at how it flaps. Would it be waving like that in as low gravity as on the Moon? Either these guys have strings attached to them, or their in one hell of an escalator. Or their on the Moon of course, something I personally find unlikely....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Sorry, didnt mean to come off that way. I realize the sky is black in space and hopefully everyone that is a member of ATS knows this...but my point was this - unless they are in a huge crater or unless the camera was pointed at the ground which it obviously wasnt, then we should be able to see the sky....but we cant...

Good point. Yea i guess they are in a huge crater.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

Good point. Yea i guess they are in a huge crater.

either that or they are in front of a wall on a set or not on the moon at all...not really too sure which would be the most probable

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hamilton there was a motor attached to the pole assembly that made the flag "wave".

It had a life expectancy of something like a week.

The pole has since fallen over. IMO the russians drove over it with their little "bath tube".

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton Also look at how it flaps. Would it be waving like that in as low gravity as on the Moon?
Yes, because they're twisting it in the 2-part pole to get it right, then positioning it for the picture. Momentum would then cause the end to flap. Also, as for the "lack of sky or space", the video is heavily compressed using the Sorenson CODEC for QuickTime. This can cause washing out of large dark spaces, and the pixelization you see in the flat background.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Plus If I remember right, small weights were placed in the bottom of the material, to help keep the flag flattish and not drifting around. This would give the pendulum effect when moved around.

No?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Hamilton
Also look at how it flaps. Would it be waving like that in as low gravity as on the Moon?

Yes, because they're twisting it in the 2-part pole to get it right, then positioning it for the picture. Momentum would then cause the end to flap.

Also, as for the "lack of sky or space", the video is heavily compressed using the Sorenson CODEC for QuickTime. This can cause washing out of large dark spaces, and the pixelization you see in the flat background.

"Can cause" or "does cause" ? I am not saying you dont know what you are talking about. When that happens it makes the dark spaces look like an earthy color ? What I am asking is that, in the video, the color of the background, is that the normal result of the situation you described ?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They are obviously in some studio. At least to me. Don't you see when that thing happens to the flag, and what about the light when it nearly goes out. Is there a death row prison in the near vicinity, did one of the crewmembers walk infront of "the Sun" or what. I mean the guy is even laughing his heart out when it happens...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Hamilton]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join