It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Stops Security Screening at Obama Rally

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted yet.

Police concerned about order to stop screening

DALLAS -- Security details at Barack Obama's rally Wednesday stopped screening people for weapons at the front gates more than an hour before the Democratic presidential candidate took the stage at Reunion Arena.

The order to put down the metal detectors and stop checking purses and laptop bags came as a surprise to several Dallas police officers who said they believed it was a lapse in security.

"Sure," said Lawrence, when asked if he was concerned by the great number of people who had gotten into the building without being checked. But, he added, the turnout of more than 17,000 people seemed to be a "friendly crowd."

More...

Huh????

This really smells.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It would seem to me that, as two candidates have emerged has the likely nominees in November, more - not less - security would be called for. You would think that, of all places, Dallas would get that.

Er...I guess Dallas did but the Secret Service didn't!? Seems sketchy...

[edit on 21/2/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I guess JFK was so long ago they have forgotten what happened when they let security lapse at a motorcade. Or maybe the rumor the elite want Obama gone are true. But either way if anything did happen to him I would say find a good bomb shelter and hide for a while because all hell will break loose.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Er...I guess Dallas did but the Secret Service didn't!? Seems sketchy...

An important distinction and a shocking revelation in my opinion. I can't even begin to understand why that would happen.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The story is now being repeated by UPI:

Report: Security relaxed at Obama speech

The obvious control of the Secret Service by the Executive Branch should give conspiracy theorists a field day.

I hope more light is shed on why this decision was made. It stretches the imagination that someone actually believed it was ok because 17,000 people seemed like a "friendly crowd".

Simply amazing. :shk:

[edit on 21-2-2008 by loam]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You almost couldn't make this stuff up...

I doubt this is connected, but it does add some interesting context- however unrelated:

Evidence destroyed in bias case against Secret Service

A senior U.S. Secret Service inspector admitted Wednesday that she destroyed original evidence sought in a long-standing lawsuit alleging that the service routinely discriminates against African American agents.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by loam]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken MLK Jr. was under "observation" by a different group at the time of his untimely demise. Not the SS but it would seem there wasn't much that wasn't monitored... by a three letter federal agency.

I waited before I read this thread... I didn't want to... a bit like watching a scary movie. Resist and then relent and peek. Kubrick. I'm sure all this is coincidence... or so I hope. I didn't think the Secret Service would take anything for granted "post-911"... President or not, many would see Obama as a real asset. Perhaps for some a liabilty. I sort of think "national treasure" whether he makes prezzy or not. It'd be bad if he got wacked. Likely play in someone's favor... US politics is lethal.

Vic

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
this ties in with possible uses for the fema camps......

an assassination WILL piss off a bunch of people!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well sheesh, if true that IS a serious lapse of security.
If an assassin were watching he sure would have known when to make his entry...sad.
Does seem a little more than odd that they would do that.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I saw this on another thread, and I am undone by it.

DALLAS !!!

Do they really think none of us remember JFK's assassination in Dallas???

I know I'm older than dirt and lots of you weren't even born in 1963 (probably some of your parents weren't either), but how on Earth could they do this in DALLAS and think it would go un-noticed.

This is one to email to everyone you know in North America. Someone obviously wants Sen. Obama dead.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wouldn't be the first time the SS strangely ordered security relaxed on an important public figure at the last moment.

Check out this thread by twitchy:

Video Of Secret Service Being Ordered Away From JFK's Side

This is truly, truly disturbing news.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
WTF??? Are you kidding me? This is crazy... my jaw darn near hit the keyboard when I saw this headline, and it's still hanging!

This is bad, very very bad. If I was Obama, I would be assembling my own security team right now. Of course his message is to not walk in fear, but when it's the Executive Branch that tells the Secret Service to stop screening for weapons in DALLAS(JFK) Texas on the eve of Malcom X's assassination (February 21, 1965)... I would make the connection very quickly that perhaps old Dubya wants Hillary to win the Democratic Primary.

This is huge! starred and flagged!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I attended this rally and the security all around was lax. There were 17,000 people. The only security measure seemed to be a sign that read "No bags" and "No outside food or drink"

What is even more concerning is that there was an area on the arena floor where Barack Obama came out of a tunnel and was making his way to the stage and shaking hands and being greeted by hundreds of people only being held back by a barricade, and there was absolutely no screening for ANY of them! He was within a foot of all them. With the exception of SS agents about 4 feet away from him on either side, there was no real protection.

There were probably 3-4 thousand people standing on the arena floor, and any of them could have simply tucked a weapon inside their waistband and approached the stage. It really is distressing.

I must admit, I was a little concerned about going to the rally in the first place. Something in the back of my head was putting all of times Obama has been compared to JFK with the fact that it was in Dallas, less than half a mile from Dealey Plaza. Seriously, you can see the school book depository from the Reunion Arena parking lot. Don't these Secret Service agents ever watch TV?

Does anybody think that there was a plot and for some reason things didn't pan out? I mean all of these things considered, it just doesn't make sense.

By the way, doesn't this seem eerily reminiscent of the Benazir Bhutto assassination? Highly popular political figure who is most likely going to win the next big election is put at risk by lax security, which was provided by the current administration that is not fond of the candidate? This reeks of shady dealings by an administration that has already murdered and tortured thousands...We shouldn't be surprised.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by WTEngel]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
jeez what the heck?? this is soo sketchy!!! poor obama ..did he realize it? any comments from?
god the govt is so cocky! they do this crap right before our own eyes... wow

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I went looking for any similar previous incidents... This is one thing I found from earlier this month:

Obama Security Lax
Thursday Feb 7th, 2008 1:21 PM

O'bama's security is so horrible, that it looks to be intentional.

I saw footage last night that just blew me away. O'bama was walking across a concrete lot, in the near background were several multi-stored buildings as near as 100 yards away. There were no security agents within 10 feet of (the principle), most were 20 to 30 feet away, I don't believe any were as tall as he is, and I did not see an agent of color either.

There have been many threats already and he looks to be on a standard 'packet'. With threats already made, he should be on 'special packet' that should include at least 8 agents as tall or taller. 4 each for both a front and rear fan design. He should never have been taken across that parking lot in the complete open under any circumstances. Your average deer hunter can be deadly accurate at those distances.

More...

[edit on 22-2-2008 by loam]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I guess JFK was so long ago they have forgotten what happened when they let security lapse at a motorcade. Or maybe the rumor the elite want Obama gone are true. But either way if anything did happen to him I would say find a good bomb shelter and hide for a while because all hell will break loose.

No they have not forgotten, "they" killed JFK, his brother and his son

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This means one thing.
Personally I think Obama will be killed by the US govt, at which point Hillary will become the president.
In order to allow this to happen, an assassination attempt has to happen.
This is actually worse than killiing Ron Paul.
Nothing really wrong with Hillary, except that she'll continue to pander to the corporate money and she won't fix any of the wrongs that Bush has done, rather focusing on generating her fan base as from a politicians pov that is the most important thing, who cares about the state of the country?
If he dies, who can't they kill?

Could well mean civil war.
Btw, hint. In Iraq, the roads do not belong to Americans, only the strongholds. Lock them in their strongholds and cut off their supplies and the war of attrition is won, the US Army can never defeat the US people.

I see no other way to get the constitution back.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by pandorashope]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Amazing, simply amazing.

I would be intersted to hear what Obama feels regarding his security.

To say he is not a potential target would be ridiculous. Even Clinton would be considered being a potential target.

Also, 100 pts to whoever can say the OP's title five times fast.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Grailkeeper]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Call me crazy if you must but I see a few different angles on this issue...

1) Racism is alive and well in America today. I do not feel it is as prevalent as it was back in the 40's 50's and 60's but it is still alive and well, just kept under wraps. There has never been a doubt in my mind that if America ever got close to electing a Black President, there would be some skinhead, neo nazi, racist, white supremist (take your pick) that would be more than happy to take a shot at assassinating him. Security could be relaxed purposely for this very reason. In the hopes that someone, anyone would make an attempt. Can you think of a better way to remove a "problem" without doing it yourself and simply setting the stage to allow another to do it for you?

2) This is the theory I am leaning towards most.... It is conditioning. Considering how long the security for Obama has been lacking, people (especially in the Obama camp) are being conditioned to expect piss poor security. It will continue this way giving everyone the general feeling that "if it hasn't happened yet, what are really the chances?" Much like someone who drives drunk on the regular basis. They get to a point where they feel they can handle it. If they have not gotten into an accident yet, they probably won't. After all they know their limit. Creating a total false sense of security and at that point the PTB will have Obama "removed"

3) Just last night I was watching MSNBC and they were having a discussion that Hillary should consider running as Obama's VP. I think it is safe to assume that a fair amount of people here at ATS would think the same thing I am.... Hillary will become President ala JFK style.

4) and of course there is one more final option that I feel must be considered... It is all BS and it is all propaganda. If you believe that Obama is just another CFR candidate and a part of the Elite, why would they remove him? Could it be more fear tactics or perhaps simply a way to distract people from what may really be going on behind the scenes?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I think your point 2 might be the reason. If the gov. wanted to kill Obama, why would they loosen security? In the hope some random racist guy will kill him eventually?
There was no attempt on his life, so like you said, there must be some longer running plan behind that decision. Good thinking!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join