It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizzare formation in night sky over East BC.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I was out viewing the end of the eclipse here a few moments ago with a telescope, when i noted a bizzare formation of tightly clustered stars near the tail end of a snake-like constellation that i presume to be Draco. The formation looked like the little dipper shrunk down to 200th of the size, with a few extra stars thrown in. I would take a picture, but i lack a camera.

Here is a map of the snake constellation along with a rough approximation of where the formation was:

The thing that attracted my attention was not only that i had never seen this formation before, but also its strange look-alikeness to the little dipper, and the fact that the night sky seemed different in the general area.

Its probobly a well-documented formation, but it had the appearance of multiple points of light on a solid object of some sort, which is why i am asking anyone if they can point out just what it was.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Are you sure it's not pieces of spy satellite?

Military says missile hit spy satellite

[edit on 2/20/2008 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't think so. I will go back out around 9:30 and see if it has dispersed, just in case. It seems to be made of objects to bright to just be debris, though.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is strange I saw it myself... but shrugged it off for the little dipper...

You know, being a country boy growing up, I don't know too much about stars, but I know what the night sky looks like... and I can say, I didn't recognize it.... you (could) see it here tho 10pm - 11pm est !!!!

[edit on 20-2-2008 by StoneGarden]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

That looks strangely like what the poster Dark Knight was talking about in regards to "stars that are not stars."

I am not saying this is the case, but its rather interesting.

Thanks for the photo, keep looking up

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Actually, i made that picture in MS paint, its just an approximation of where they were

I left it too long to locate the snake constellation again, so i cannot confirm if it was a debris cloud from the satellite. Keep in mind that this was around 8:20 Pacific Standard Time that i saw this, not sure if that means anything.

And yes, i did immediatly think of dark knights posts. It just seemed very....wierd, off somehow, not right. Which is, of course, why i came here.

top topics

join