It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take for people to believe in UFo's/aliens??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Short of seeing them in person, I can't imagine a way that would cause people to believe in them. A perfect video would get debunked over and over, even if it was 100% legit. Pictures would be the same. Sound recordings...well maybe if SETI picked them up over and over from the same spot and we could decipher what it said.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Do not make the faital error in assuming "people" are the same and/or that you understand how others are.

I assure you, there are a good amount of people if a ufo landed in front of them, aliens came out and took that person aboard, and they flew to some other galaxy, partied all night with the aliens and then were returned, they would wake up the next morning and assume they had imagined it all.

They would think someone put something in their drink.

Then they would, if they came to accept the event, come to ATS to tell others all about it, and they would quickly be put into skunkworks and/or torn a new one by the users.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Actually, i think that majority accepts the UFO presence. After all, it's U only in the eyes of a beholder. Somewhere on this planet these projects are easily IFO.
However to accept that they are alien in design, and ETs are in them - i will completely believe in that only if close friend whom i really know well told me of his/hers personal encounter. So for me - chances are not big.
Well, i guess that "Mars Attacts" kind of situation will also convince me,but it will be too late ,i'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by macgyver

IMO you would have to capture an alien. He would then be poked and probed. Then he would need to be put on public display.

Even then we would still have people thinking a birth defect caused a human to look like we imagine an alien to look like.

Dizziedame

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
first of all.... there would have to be more than one.

they would have to be examined by some sort of scientific panel of experts. (not affiliated with just one country or goverment )

they would have to show us where they were from and how they got here.

then they would have to meet with the world leaders at the United Nations Building in New York and have the meeting broadcasted on at least three major news networks.

then they would have to set me up with Carmen Electra

www.carmenelectra.com...
Carmen Electra

then i would believe in aliens

they could just skip to the last part and i would still believe...

[edit on 20-2-2008 by easynow]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If the US government would release their files on UFOs without them being censored, that have been collected for many years; that would go a long way to establishing at least that "something is out there".

I don't pay taxes to buy lies.....valhall

[edit on 20-2-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The simple answer is PROOF!

None of us have it, so of course others who aren't digging into it want it as well.

Something's going on, but nobody can prove what it is.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well if multiple eyewitness of murder can get someone in jail ... Just eyes...
Those 10 people witnessed that murder. Well those 10 people all have masshallucionations. These 10 people are ill and misinterpreted how the knife went into the victims chest.

There are so many retired government people, pilots, astronauts there to testify that the subject is real. But no hearings are in progress, why??

If there are experienced pilots asking the command tower over the radio what that 300/400 long cylindrical shaped object is , with strobing lights that move counterclockwise, and gets confirmation by NORAD on radio. I think that is pretty good evidence something is going on.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interplanetary visitors or not. If that object was a black project craft then why is it showing itself to mulitiple airline pilots?
That's always the question when people say. Oh they are just secret military craft.

Only for the sake of energy alternatives the UFO subject is mostly important.
Supressed technologies that could be earth changing are used for the purpose of war toys. It's ridiculous.
There are craft out there that do incredible moves without any sound. Hoover slow or impossible fast.

This technology belongs to the people. Not to a New World Order that enslaves mankind with a excuse called security, prosperity and peace.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by abovetech]

[edit on 20-2-2008 by abovetech]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
if they started selling real estate, used cars, or ran for the primaries, okay then that would get my attention.

As stated above there is a difference between accepting UFO sightings and then accepting the alien connection.

If they are so capable then why have they not openly made contact ?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nice post abovetech.

I starred it also, if you must know; you have made some pretty interesting points, especially regarding the issue of eye witness testimony in crime investigation.

All UFO sightings are shared, passed on, and reported in a similar fashion and I find it hard to believe why anyone, especially the major airlines out there, who want important witnesses - such as pilots - to 'play down' their experiences to avoid ridicule, or even lose their job; there have been so many great sighting reports from pilots, astronauts, and other highly rained observers; yet the general opinion of the public - who follow what they hear in mainstream science and the mainstream media like sheep - is that it's something for amusement, like tales of bigfoot, the boogieman or the loch ness monster!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I absolutely believe life exists out there. I do not however believe that it is visiting earth. In order for me to believe they are visiting earth, I think It would take me actually seeing a clear alien or flying saucer up close. Not something strange in the night, fuzzy picture etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What would it take for people to believe in Ufo's and Aliens? Simple. The same thing it takes for them to believe in dogs, cats, horses, whales, bears, chairs, big screen televisions, ect...you get my point.

Basically, the only thing that will enable people to believe in Aliens and UFO's is for them to be real.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Almost everyone in the world knows of something and believes in that thing because they have seen it in pictures.

I have never seen a polar bear.

I have never seen a meerkat.

I have never seen Fidel Castro, yet I am convinced that polar bears, meerkats and Fidel exist.

Why?

Because their existence is well-documented and if I really want to see these things, except possibly for Castro, I can book a flight to where these things are, except for Cuba, I guess.

Still, I have no problem believing that Fidel once walked the earth, conquered Cuba and sustained an oppressive regime there for about fifty years, even if he might have dropped dead since the last time I checked the news.

I have been to Cuba, by the way.

People who don't believe in UFOs don't believe because they have not been presented with convincing evidence.

I'm open to the evidence and I'm still waiting.

[edit on 2008/2/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Privately, and anonymously, the majority of people believe that we are being visited by beings from other worlds... This is supported by numerous polls on the subject.

However, publicly, many of those same people will treat the subject with the same degree of ridicule, just to not be seen as "one of those wackos"....due to many who have discredited the field in the public eye...

For the majority to accept alien visitation however, my assumption is that it would take only ONE thing...

The acceptance of Mass Media.

If the Mass Media accepts it, it is so.... Simple as that. Perception is reality. Even if there was no further proof, evidence, etc., if every major news outlet came out tomorrow and said it was so, the majority of people would accept this as fact, even without seeing for themselves.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Let's assume aliens are advanced enough to get to earth and make a safe landing. Are they invincible or immortal? If they live then we can deduct they can also die.

If they have been observing earthlings they know a large percent of our population are armed. They would have seen us shoot and kill each other. Would you be eager to take a chance landing on earth and being shot?

I don't buy the idea that aliens are all powerful and all knowing. Why do we think they are so much more advanced that we are? Would they be friendly? I hope so and think they would be but no one knows or if there is knowledge of the alien mind no one is telling.

I do know that if an alien confronts me I will have a weapon trained on him and so will most other earthlings. We fear what we don't know. Many of us would shoot an intruder if we thought our life was in danger.

I do not trespass on an earthlings property for fear of reprisal and just plain good training by my parents.

Could it be that aliens know the danger they would face if they did make themselves known to the average citizen? IMHO that would definitely be a deterrent.

Dizziedame

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

Proof is one thing, acceptance is another. Heres a sample. You are not in control of your own life, you do not live in a free world, no event in your life is random, everything you "consume" is a distraction, you are monitored at all time, you are controlled at will through manipulation. You live in a mental cage of freedom, you are living in a fantasy land its just an illusion.

Like I said proof is one thing, to accept it is another. People like yourself and many aren't ready for. How can I have the right to tell you if you or anyone else is ready to accept this, easy you will understand it without question, it will click instantly. If you question it your not ready, your and everyone else are required to "get" it.

Proof is everywhere no one looks hard enough, its all around you.

new topics

top topics

join