It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I get a visit from a Gov- agency?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This happened a few years ago and has always stuck in the back of my mind. There was an old 73' Duster that was on a car lot for well over a year that I finally purchased. Good condition. I had the car for about a year and decided to sell it. When I put it in the paper, I was surprised to get a call the very next day and a visit from the buyer. A tall, well groomed guy in a suit and tie. He drove a brand new white van. He said that he was in sales and travels the country and saw the add while in town. While test driving the car we had to make a right turn off of the main road to get back to my house. He stopped in the middle of the highway to allow another car to turn left in front of us. Sort of weird and very dangerous. Now while reviewing the title in my home he noticed a guitar that I had hanging on the wall and we started to talk about guitars. I build guitars in my spare time. So I showed him some of the ones I had been building at the time. In my work area I have a sign posted that says Area 51 Research Vacility - Trespassers Will Vanish Without A Trace. When he finally saw that sign, his eyes got really big. He said some really odd things that morning but this one really stuck with me. He said, after seeing the sign. " But you really have a nice place here and family." Have no clue why or what he was implying. I noticed also that he was always touching something. His fingers would end up underneath the counters, tables etc. Now this is where it gets weird. Then he says that he had been bored on the road and he had started playing guitar. Would I like to take a look at it? In the back of his white van and the only thing in this van was a brand new acoustic guitar. I was a little freaked out. He also paid exactly what I had been asking and paid cash for the car! He paid $2800 cash for a 1973 Duster!

[edit on 20-2-2008 by TamtammyMacx]

[edit on 20-2-2008 by TamtammyMacx]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
so the only thing in the van was this guitar? seems silly for a salesman to not have anything to, you know, SELL. if he had no product with him then why did he need a van. it is an odd story but i don't see what the big fuss is. i'm not trying to play down the incident, i just don't have the full context of what happened. for example, the comment about you haveing a nice place comes off as an innocent compliment the way you describe it. can you give us some more details of the conversation that would highlight the nefariosity (i made that word up.) of the comment?

[edit]

also, was there anyone with him? why would he buy a car that was not in his home town? he would need to get both vehicles back home somehow...

[edit on 20-2-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yeah, why would he buy a car in a town that he doesnt live in, when he is on the road, by himself? I dont get it. If he was a traveling salesman, where were his bags, suits, clothes, shoes......something. I dont get it.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

The man's actions do seem a bit strange but I do understand his buying your car.

I had a 1971 Chevelle Chevy SS years ago. In my travels I have stopped several times to check out the same type of car. If I do find one I like I will purchase it and make arrangements to go pick it up or have it picked up for me.

A salesman does not necessarily have tangible items to sell. He may have been an insurance or other type of service connected salesman.

Let's face it. There are some pretty strange folks in this world. I have an idea some think me to be rather strange.

I've known many guitar players that carry their guitar everywhere they travel. I play clarinet and can tell you that playing a musical instrument can be very stress relieving.

The remarks he made when he saw your Area 51 sign seem indicative of a staunch non believer.

Did the man ever pick up the car?

Dizziedame

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yes, someone came by later and picked it up with a flatbed truck. I thought the whole thing was a little weird but I guess I sold it in 1 day for cash. I did actually look for bugs for fun.

Later, I thought about it and the guy really didn't even look the car over. Most people would check the trunk out, floor pans, a/c, etc. And when he was driving it I thought he didn't even know how to drive.

I always thought what an ingenius way for an agency to take a peak into someones home get a feal for someone if they wanted to.

Here is a side note to this story. The authentic metal sign that I bought came with an authentic looking badge. Now, I also gave a sign and badge to my brother for Christmas and he also ordered some other items. Later that winter, his wife told him that she had a UFO encounter on her way home from work that involved a light that raced across the sky down the bluff by their home. She said that a green beam of light shot down onto her car. She was about a mile from her rural home. She said that she floored it and the green beam followed her all the way back to her house. She was with her new born at the time. When my brother relayed this to me he was as shocked as I was. She has never been known to tell a tall tale but you never know. When I told her that she and my brother must have gotten on a mailing list, she wasn't very happy. After the event they moved to another state.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by TamtammyMacx]

[edit on 21-2-2008 by TamtammyMacx]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I have to say, it sounds more like you were visited by a froot loop than an agent...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rat256

I have to say, it sounds more like you were visited by a froot loop than an agent...

Id have to agree. There are some real wack jobs out there. One reason why I would NEVER let some stranger come into my house LOL

From what you typed, there is nothing that leads me to believe he was a govt agent.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Interesting story. my theory is that the guy might have had a hidden agenda, but maybe not mib stuff. Maybe he needed a new getaway car or something.

top topics

join