It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My favorite teacher is a Mason

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I learned today during a discussion in my US history class that my favorite teacher is a Mason. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met, he's very smart, and a well rounded individual.
I don't personally know too much about Masonry, but have seen a lot of videos and read a lot about it, and I dont understand what people have against them. I know 3 or 4 of them, and they are all great guys.

Just wanted to say that theyre not all bad. Just my 2 cents.
comments welcome.

[edit on 19/2/08 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Most masons are good men.

Thank you for posting your experience! It's about time somebody said something nice about us.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

no problem. i just found it funny that a few of the nicest guys i have ever met are part of a group that is considered by some to be evil.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
the only people that consider masons evil are the same type of people that consider EVERYONE evil. It's all ignorance.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There are alot of masons that are good people and upstanding community conscious citizens. I think it is good for someone to be involved, whether it be for the greater good of their lives, their commutities or their nation.
It is when the name of masonry, and the involvement of some mason organizations to other world-dominating based organizations; illuminati, ancient secret societies, where it poisons the good nature of their game.

It is like being in class and waiting for recess, but the douchebag class clown has to ruin it for everyone else and the teacher makes you stay in class instead.

Inside any organized group, there will exist the positive and negative.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nelyzstar

Can you name the individuals who are "the bad Masons"?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Lots of Masons are normal people, scholars, etc. There's nothing spectacular about belonging to a public organization.

This is more a forum for discussion of conspiracy of influence by secret societies or organizations within Masonry etc.... and not so much a place to discuss Masons that we happen to know.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
the only people that consider masons evil are the same type of people that consider EVERYONE evil. It's all ignorance.

Who says Masons are evil? Nobody.

Defensive, paranoid, reactionary etc. there are alot of words to describe Masons at this point, but nobody has used the term evil....

The OP thought he would bring up how he happens to know a great guy and suddenly we are defending Masons from accusations of being evil?
Like I said, defensive, paranoid, reactionary, etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I saw a great documentary on the Masons today on the History channel, Really made me want to become a mason. Free thought, without the worry of one religion, all religions welcome with out all that dogma that has ruined this planet.

Sounds like a very enlightened group to me.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

LOL type in Mason in the search here and I think you get a glimpse of who he was talking about. Didn't you know they are taking over the world and worship the devil LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Very true.. I know Masons on here.. just on ATS, that are of at least 4 different religions. I know a few more of different religions offline, and I know several, be it on ATS or offline, that are into more essentric type studies. And I can honestly say I have never been asked, or witnessed anyone ask another in Masonry about another persons religious beliefs.

Masonry is all that a religion should be, because it has no dogma.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My lodge is made up of very friendly guys that I am pretty sure are almost all Christian.

A lot of the business meetings are very informal with occasional jokes or one-liners, so most of it is very lighthearted.

The one thing that they take very seriously, though, is the no-politics and no-religion topics in the lodge.

I have never seen or heard anything discussed that might even remotely be connected to someone's religious beliefs. This is one area that even in the most liberal of lodges that is absolutely forbidden to discuss.

The reasoning is quite simple. Politics and religion are among the most divisive subjects around. Allowing even the smallest bit of religion or politics to sneak in would sow discord and prevent the brothers from doing good work.

It's sort of a 'don't ask, don't tell' thing I guess. But mostly it just means that men from any background can get together and work together for a common cause. I am sure that my path would have never crossed some of these other guys' paths were it not for masonry.

There are, of course, other topics that are bitterly divisive that are fair game. I found out early on that I was joining a 'Cardinals' lodge and that bringing up the Cubs would subject me to endless ridicule, shame and lots and lots of goat rides.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Masonry is all that a religion should be, because it has no dogma.

Now you see, a statement like this rubs me the wrong way. You might be very proud of your organization but to say it is all that religion should be? Are we recruiting Masons in this forum or is this a place for conspiracy theorists to discuss Masonry? I suggest referring to my signature.

It's very neat that some people happen to know Masons, but how does that lead to espousing that Masonry is the epitomy of religion?

That's a borderline statement if I ever heard one, I will refrain from using the c word...

But what I find stunning is that you would make a statement as heavy as that and then claim that there is no Dogma
I guess the definition of Dogma is very different for Masons.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by scientist

Who says Masons are evil? Nobody.

incorrect. nobody is an absolute term, meaning not a single person on the face of the earth.

proof of your inaccuracy:

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For a learned person, I believe Dogma is the same for all of us? As for your warning me about the T&C, please, allow the Mods to correct what I say.

Or, perhaps you could U2U me with your.. issues.. with my posting habits.

OR, rather you could not comment on them at all.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
For a learned person, I believe Dogma is the same for all of us?

Apparently not. You made a conflicting statement within the same sentence, concerning Dogma.

'My organization is what religions should be, it has no dogma.'

That is called a Dogmatic statement. IS Masonry what all religion should be? Or is that a statement rooting from your own affiliation and endearment to the brotherhood? Hmm?

Now, I don't want to whip out my tackle box and Websters but, I'm pretty sure I can fish out that definition for 'Dogma' ...

Dogma:

noun
1. a religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without proof
2. a doctrine or code of beliefs accepted as authoritative; "he believed all the Marxist dogma"

3. a statement such as, "My organization is what all religion should be."

Done.

We don't need threads about teachers who happen to be Masons and great guys

And we don't need Masons spouting tripe like "Masonry is what all religion should be."

This is the Secret Society conspiracy forum. Not a Masonic clubhouse. Once again, refering to my signature and SkepticOverlord's guideline.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
We don't need threads about teachers who happen to be Masons and great guys

Yes, all we need is threads that showcase your opinions, and all others be damned. Check.

And we don't need Masons spouting tripe like "Masonry is what all religion should be."

Need it or not, there you have it. Revel in it. It's called "Freedom of Speech." You have heard of this, no?

This is the Secret Society conspiracy forum. Not a Masonic clubhouse. Once again, refering to my signature and SkepticOverlord's guideline.

Do you have some sort of thing with weilding authority that you do not command, or what? Skeptic's got enough mods without wannabe-mods riding his/their coattails. Let 'em do THEIR job. It's not YOUR job.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
IMHO Your being very trivial about the word Dogma, and most likely just bing Facieses I think you understood what he was trying to say but if not I will enlighten you.

He meant Religions in general should not have so much Dogma and the this way or hell mentality. And as the Masons seem to not have this in place. which would be great for a religion and how religions should be.

So all conspiracies must against the masons correct? Lets the mods do their job, I am sure they will move or close the thread if needed. You have an obvious issue with Masons, its glaring.

I am not a Mason, I just saw a cool documentary that explained a lot and made a lot of sense to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Seems I was right in determining a learned person should know exactly what Dogma means.

Anyways.. so sad to see this nice thread ruined by a spiteful man filled with hate. Amazing such hate could even exist.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I never did understand why or how the masons got their negative reputation.

Seems to me a lot of confusions with the masons and the illuminati. people think they are the same i think.

anyways, yea, masons aren't what they're all cracked up to be....which is a good thing, they're just dudes doin' stuff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join