It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the most powerful weapon ever?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Anti-Matter or harnessing the power of light.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Anti-Matter or harnessing the power of light.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Didn't the Soviets also supposedly build a "salted" nuclear weapon, basically a nuclear bomb surrounded by cobalt? It was said that if that one single bomb like that went off, it would blanket the earth in radiation and kill off all human life.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I heard about that, but I think it's just theorisation.
Obviously didn't test it because we are, after all, still here.
Or are we? *mysterious look*

But I saw the end of the old Planet of the Apes movies.
heheheh

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
commercialized mind control,,,,,look in your house,garage,dresser drawers,,etc

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What about a Proton Bomb? Ive never been able to locate any pictures or video of one yet it would seem they exist.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I dunno if these have been mentioned yet - I just skipped to the end of the thread.

Largest Nuke was the Russian Tsar Bomb It was a Hydrogen bomb - that is to say a fissile nuke bomb creating a fusion reaction in the Hydrogen... It was intended to be 100 megatons and would of been 3,333 times more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima by my calculations (100,000,000 / 15,000 = 3333.3)... But even those crazy Ruskies realised that would be bonkers, so they only made it 50 megatons (1,667 times as powerful as Hiroshima bomb
) ~ thing is that bomb would not do as much damage as 5 ten megaton bombs because of the way the energy falls off along the radius of the blast (it falls of to the inverse square) you spilt that power up to 5 smaller and more sensible 10 megatons (a mere 667 times as powerful as Hiroshima bomb!) you could overlap the blast areas - much wider spread damage. That's why strategic nuke missiles are MLRV's (Multi Launch Re-entry Vehicles) they carry more than one warhead usually.

Other than that I think biological weapons have the potential to be the most devastating, think about this... What single cause has killed more Humans throughout history than any other??

The Mosquito!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
OK you all named some big bombs and such but wouldn't the US aircraft carriers be able to cause more damage with all its fire power or an US nuclear sub do more i remember see a show on the discover channel or history channel about a US sub having enough nukes on board to destroy earth if that's the case would that not be the most powerful weapon on earth

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nuclear subs
Nuclear bombs
High flying bombers
Biological weapons
Antimatter!

Who controls all this?
The American military branches. (They answer to the pres)
There's your most dangerous weapon.

But I'd really have to say biological weapons in reply to the intended question. Those are nightmarish.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Knowledge is the most powerful weapon.

It creates massive destruction every day.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthIsHere7

Knowledge, or lack thereof

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Bagel]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

True that.

Lack of knowledge and using other knowledge to create destruction is obviouslly a display of self-destruction.

Damn, makes you think doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ok then on the non military side.I would have to say it would go like this
1.The humand mind,its responsible for all the weapons used in killing
2.Religion,it has started many wars in the past
3.Greed,many country's went to war to take what the other country had,wether it be minerals,land or people for slave labour.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i would have to say sex. (and i am not joking)

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jetflock

OK now got me wondering on your post how did you come to that answer???

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Although not weaponized, as far as I know, here are three very powerful potential candidates.

Rail Gun
Coil Gun
Ram Accelerator

An impact from any of these would be quite devastating.

cormac

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
i'd say the capacity to instill fear or fear itself is the most powerful weapon. an armed force, group or populace that is afraid will never be a threat to the parties that strive to keep their enemies afraid.

munitions, bombs and all weapons of war are merely tools in the constant struggle to strike fear among your enemies.
\\

Nice nice, reading a little Sun-Tzu are we?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

the US military does not have antimatter , but yes there is a bioweapons project by the name of operation Baccuhus

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think television is the most powerful weapon ever. It brought down the U.S.S.R, it is bringing China to capitolism and most of the world.

It imprisons the mind, and the body follows. Humans cannot help but watch the flickering light and want what the images have. No matter how insane that concept might be.

A chinese peasant in the field may decide he must have a BMW and a bleach blond honey by his side while he cruises the Autobahn.
When he is hundreds of miles from the nearest paved road, and uses a water buffalo for transportation.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Free will.

Everything created since then has been designed to suppress it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join