It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the most powerful weapon ever?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i was wondering what the most powerful real wepon ever

i always thought it was a mortar launcher but hey im probably rong

[edit on 8-3-2008 by chissler]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm guessing the most powerful weapons is a nuclear bomb. But I have read that they have been experimenting with anti-matter. Using this as a weapon could literally tear the earth apart.

The biggest problem with anti-matter is it is difficult to create. To expensive and in order to make a bomb out of it you would need far more then what can be created with current technologies.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is probably not the course you wanted this topic to go, but i would definitely have to say the PEN has been the most powerful weapon in history.

But i would say the A-Bomb is pretty powerful and if we have actually created an anti matter bomb then that would be it.

Failing that, the early chinese musket. The first time humans noticed they could use explosives to propel 'ammo'.

[edit on 19/2/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by indigo1

Words (written or otherwise) are the most powerful weapon ever.
Look at what Hitler did with them after all.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
MOD EDIT

[edit on 19-2-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
But seriously what kind of weapon? Any kind... and I think you said real weapon correct? So what's up with anti-matter if it doesn't exist? Also I thought Aliens wanted to with hold that type of tech because we would destroy ourselves being stupid humans and everything?

Because I'd say the personal hand guns and rifles are the most powerful weapons because they've killed the most people... Even more than hittler...

Technically would have to be our B2's

And over all I'd also say A bomb, but wouldn't a fusion type bomb be more powerfull?

I dunno

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jcbrownman

Erm Hitler was an example not the whole of the body count.
The list of people who have talked other into killing others are miles long.
The victims. Well not enough paper.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The Index Finger, Combined with the Thumb, enables one to use any weapon.

Therefore this combination of biological tools (weapons) makes for the most powerful weapon ever.

Or at least, as far as we know.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Humans. The aliens engineered us and planted us here to destroy the planet. Well, that's what I heard anyway.

[edit on 2/19/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigo1
i was wondering what the most powerful real wepon ever

i always thought it was a mortar launcher but hey im probably rong

Off the top of my head, I would imagine it to be in this order

biological: namely the plague and other nasty buggers that have been used through out history to wipe out the opposition. This has probably the highest number of casualties.

Mechanical: Bows then the repeating rifle

natural - clubs and rock

In the chemical - atomic (i stand corrected it chemical is not the correct class)

above all - the brain for conceiving such atrocities.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
jcbrownman I have to dispute your claim,
but in any case the most dangerous weapon ever is the human intellect.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
As far as actual weapon systems go, Nuclear, Biological, Chemical is as bad as it gets. Out of those three biological weapons are probably the most effective; in terms of lethality (effectiveness) and ease of delivery (practicality).

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I say love is the most powerful weapon dude. Love can stop entire armies or send entire worlds to war!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
i'd say the capacity to instill fear or fear itself is the most powerful weapon. an armed force, group or populace that is afraid will never be a threat to the parties that strive to keep their enemies afraid.

munitions, bombs and all weapons of war are merely tools in the constant struggle to strike fear among your enemies.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

M.A.D. seems to have been a successful Cold War policy. So I can see your point there. On the other hand, I can picture some wacko General advising a President to go nuke and not be afraid to do it because "there is nothing to fear but fear itself." Check out the old Cold War comedy Spies Like Us

[edit on 2/19/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Religon...it will send millions to war and death.
as history has proven and still continue to prove.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
wars have been fought in the name of religion because people were afraid that they might be forced to worship a different god if their percieved enemies would have their way.

wars have been fought over ideology and systems of governance because people were afraid that they would be forced to surrender their freedom and way of life if they let their enemies win.

these days wars are being waged because people have been led to believe that they should be afraid of the terrorists who will come to terrorize their lives and turn it into a terrifyingly, frightful existence.

is fear a weapon or a justification for waging war?

EDIT:

fear is real, right? or are we just being conditioned to be afraid?

[edit on 2.19.08 by toreishi]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
the mind. simple as that..for the mind created all weapons that came before, and will be.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The Death Star is the most powerful weapon in the universe.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatOneHippyGuy767
I say love is the most powerful weapon dude. Love can stop entire armies or send entire worlds to war!

Well I get your point dude, but...

Love and fear don't exist on the same canvas.

War can't exist where there is love...

Love can't exist where there is fear.

I can't conceive of love as a weapon except in the war against fear.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join