It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the most powerful weapon ever?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
not totally true. without hate and sadness, love and happiness would be unknown, such as many of our other senses we take for granted. ow would you know what happiness is, im mean truly, until you have experienced its opposite? Child wont truly know fire is hot till they put their hand in it

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Me? I'm going with the deviance of the human mind.......
I dont care.... if it aint for hunting then its an abhorrence.

Just ask my Sunday School teacher circa 1965

Mungo

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well, in real terms, this just about covers it;

Tsar Bomba

The fireball touched the ground, reached nearly as high as the altitude of the release plane, and was seen and felt 1,000 km away. The heat from the explosion could have caused third degree burns 100 km away from ground zero. The subsequent mushroom cloud was about 60 km high (nearly seven times higher than Mount Everest) and 30–40 km wide. The explosion could be seen and felt in Finland, even breaking windows there. [6] Atmospheric focusing caused blast damage up to 1,000 km away. The seismic shock created by the detonation was measurable even on its third passage around the Earth.[7] Its Richter magnitude was about 5 to 5.25

Theres really not much else you can say about that, is there?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would say the most powerful weapon ever would have to be Chuck Norris

Sorry guys. I couldn't resist it

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I was going to say the same thing but the thread had already turned into some sort of philosophical debate.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
I would say the most powerful weapon ever would have to be Chuck Norris

Sorry guys. I couldn't resist it

well your close ...... IMHO the most dangerous weapon in the stockpile
is the foot soldier, dont laugh, as far as im aware machinery and computers arent self aware and therefore all the mechanical weapon are nothing without human intervention to activate the trigger. yeah well there those of you that will say "how about computers" .... yeah well someone still has to input the information to begin with.

you know the old saying: guns dont kill people, people kill people. It has more than one meaning dont you think!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Nuclear, biological and chemical weapons are a given for this but for conventional weapons:

In terms of body count through history (Chuck Norris aside) it has to be firearms, lethal with even the most basic of training.

In terms of total destruction, you'd do well to beat thermobaric weaponry (MOAB and TOS-1 for example).

Ultimately it is all about effect, choose the weapon to produce the effect you want. If you are trying to depose a dictator, one Paveway III can succeed where tens of thousands of 1000lb bombs might fail.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The machine-gun, hands down. Nuclear, Biologlical, and the zest colud be terrible, but someone is killed by guns and small arms every 60 seconds. No plague, A-bomb, or chemical weapon has racked up that kind of body count. As far as whole sale slaughter, A-bomb's and such are great, but the true weapon of mass desuction, and the weapon that has change the way wars are fought, is the machine-gun.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Umm, maybe I'm out of terms here but this is the Weaponry forum not Philosophy 101. As such, I think the staff should either move the discussion elsewhere or enforce the discussion of weapons systems. And no the pen is not a weapon system, argue about that somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
so when mr bush signs an order to bomb the **** out of some oil rich country , its not a weapon?

think your wrong there

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
most powerful weapon ever....anti-matter bomb.....

using a electro magnetic field to supress the anti-matter, as soon as the field stops...BOOM....neutralisation of all matter in the vacinity.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The single most "real" weapon is a Fusion Bomb, commonly called an H-Bomb.

Read about the first H-bomb detonation here:

www.pbs.org...

Some people above said "A-Bomb" which is not correct. An A-bomb is a Fission bomb. At least an order of magnitude less powerful than an H-Bomb.

The fuel-air explosive Russia recently detonated (TSAR) was a veritable wimp compared to the blast of an H-Bomb.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
so when mr bush signs an order to bomb the **** out of some oil rich country , its not a weapon?

No. Bush is not a "weapon", neither is his pen nor the paper. I'm not interested in discussing pseudo-philosophical definitions of "weaponry" in this forum. Go do that elsewhere on ATS, this forum should be strictly for actual weapons in use, and everyone knows the classic detention of that term.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I disagree Westy.

The thoughts of the ultimate weapon system on the planet - man - are often translated into words, either by writing or typing. That makes the written word a weapon of huge proportions.

Look at the slaughter that has been carried out over the years because of peoples interpretations of the written word. How can that be ignored?

What about information warfare and e-warfare? A PC can be a weapon in the hands of a skilled hacker/operator if you think about it.

Sometimes a bit of lateral thinking goes a long long way.....

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Naboo the Enigma

In terms of body count through history (Chuck Norris aside)

LoL!
Chuck Norris facts

Becuase you know:
"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he doesn't get wet. The water get's Chuck Norrised."

And Bruce Lee spanked him. What does that say about Bruce Lee?
Bruce Lee is the most powerful weapon!

[edit on 19-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

This forum is for information about Military weapons technology past, present, and future.

Cyber-warfare is a an actual and legitimate military concept and area of operations, hence systems used within this medium can be considered "weapons". Pens, papers and religion are not, as such their merits should be discussed elsewhere on ATS, not in this Forum. That's my point, everyone's subjective philosophical view on weaponry is legitimate but not suitable for discussion here. It would dilute the purpose, technical aspect and credibility of this Forum

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a truthful tongue speaking teh w0rd (up) of tha Lord ..

an intelligent brain .. created all weapons .. therefore .. all manmade projectile and other weaponry are inferior to the brain as a weapon.

or should i say, the brain with an entire work assembly and raw material at its' disposal.

because itll make a bigger, better gun AND body armor to boot..

[edit on 2/19/2008 by runetang]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well reading this topic i have four answers!

1. Speech

2. Religion

3. fruit

4. Woman

The third being a bit of a wierd one.

If woman had not given man the forbidden fruit we'd still be frolliking in the nude breeding and generally enjoying an easy life!

However that is only true if the story is true.

Anyway enjoy my thoughts

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
simple... the human mind is the most powerfull weapon ever made...
some of us are misusing it...:-(

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have to say, I'm with westpoint on this one. Words, pen, paper, religon, my eyes rolling back in my head. None of these are weapons in the traditional sense. Nor do they kill people. If you think homey zealot whack-job killing himself and/or others is a weapon, then say a suiside bomber is the greastest weapon, not man or religon.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join