It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny how anything new never gets discussed much here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've been a member here for a couple of years now.
It has always struck me as strange that when any thing new in this "UFO" topic gets brought up here, it is immediately attacked for lack of credibility and the subjects tha continue the same age old circles like, "Roswell" and Area 51, reptiles, and greys get huge amounts of comment.
I'm not accusing anyone of purposely keeping new ideas in this area down. But it does seem strange that we don't seem to want to hear anything but the old song and dance tunes.
I don't want to get into a debate or listing of "put down " topics. I'm just making an observation.
Now I see that only 6500 characters allowed per post. I must be getting paranoid

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Then by all means contribute something new. We´re ready.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by freddieb

The reason for why you see so many commonplace questions is simple;

People like their ATS points.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
reply to post by freddieb

The reason for why you see so many commonplace questions is simple;

People like their ATS points.

I'm sure you're right.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb
I've been a member here for a couple of years now.
It has always struck me as strange that when any thing new in this "UFO" topic gets brought up here, it is immediately attacked for lack of credibility and the subjects tha continue the same age old circles like, "Roswell" and Area 51, reptiles, and greys get huge amounts of comment.
I'm not accusing anyone of purposely keeping new ideas in this area down. But it does seem strange that we don't seem to want to hear anything but the old song and dance tunes.
I don't want to get into a debate or listing of "put down " topics. I'm just making an observation.
Now I see that only 6500 characters allowed per post. I must be getting paranoid

For me it is the rules they are intimidating....

I think they make people take a lot of caution before talking freely about something.

I know I don't bring up new things for that reason.

Plus this site is like all the other places on the internet it exist for the owners to profit from, and if you put something new up it is more likely than not, if it has potential to make some money, to be taken by someone and used.

So I would say as a general rule of thumb, you should never discuss anything new or interesting on the internet, unless you want someone else to exploit your ideas.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If anything new comes up, It gets posted here immediately! Every time I stumble upon a video or story I do a search here and it's been posted already. Maybe the reason why nothing new ever gets discussed is because everything is already here.

Also, In terms of Aliens and Ufo's there isn't much that happens. It's not like there is a new video or story everyday.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ill have 300 points in another 3 years so the need to have and make more might not be my problem.

As far as debunking, lengthy discussions, flexing brain power amongst each other in the name of denying ignorance and man thinking he is some how evolved because of rules and regulations he has creeated from about 92% pure FEAR..That will go on forever because mans need to be on top, #1 etc with maybe 1 cell of surrender left in his body will draw it out forever til he is no more.

Time loops are interesting anomalies

Oh wait...i just saw i had negative points. Somone here must really think highly of me.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by fastwalker23]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have posted three quite enique and totally true threads:-

The Greens Are real - about an alien race my family has been visited by which was quickly followed by a Anubis being.

Flash of light in the sky - I saw a large white flash, followed by a large red flash out of which came A CRAFT

Strangers making signs - For 25years my husband has seen strangers making a triangle with their thumbs and forefingers in well populated areas.

Non of these threads are in any way related to Greys, Reptilians, area 51 or Roswell and no one was really all that interested in them. New threads do go up but soon get put to the bottom pages because they get no interest. I could not care a less about ATS points what actually can you do with them any way?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I have been tought same, where those ATS points are used. Or are they just because of that at we could look more better than others and make we look like we are famous. I have same thing, im not ATS points hunter, better to close ATS points thing because that thing just gather kids to here to spam different things who trying just get more points and tell his friends: Hey look, i have over million points. Friend says: Cool, i tell to other my friends so they come talk to your thread. Sometimes it goes this like if one person don't know person who writed thread. Unknown user: Lol, this person have much points, i could talk at his thread.

Same person look those what have some 100-300 points. Unknown user: Im not interested from those threads, because i think they suck because writer have only 100-300 points in his profile.

I have same question like you, where those ATS points are to used?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb

I definitely see some sort of demographics shift here at ATS, starting around the turn of the new year. (This was about the time I joined also.)

There is still lots of good new stuff, but I sense a major increase in "less artful" rehashes of old stories, that don't contribute much. I am truly amazed by some of the older topics and authors, browsing back a year or more. The new stuff (and that includes my new stuff also) doesn't usually embody the same talent demonstrated by old timer ATS members. Some of that older stuff is mind blowing! I spend a lot of time going through 2004 thru 2006 era posts.

My guess: a lot of the new people (not all, but most) are teenagers. I don't mind. More work for me in some ways, but teenagers have insights sometimes I can't muster. It's a wash.

I am sympathetic Freddie, and mostly in agreement with your OP.

Edit: to clarify some statements.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I agree with the OP also, i have often thought this myself, and sometime take a long while out of ATS for a while, i seldom start threads myself or anything, simply because i have nothing to post, no 'new' information, nothing that has been posted before!

Still a great site though, it's my homepage

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Considering every single new sighting that has happened in the past four years has been posted here, discussed at length and investigated by many, sometimes including traveling to the actual site (like when I went to Chicago last year and Crakeur and I went to Roswell this year for the FOIA documents and Valhall and Fretling went to Stephenville, Tx.) I fail to see what you mean.

I think what most of you are misunderstanding as subjects "fading away" is that we get 4500+ NEW posts a DAY, that means this board moves FAST. It doesn't mean there's a lack of interest in any one subject it means there are so many subjects being discussed at once you have to keep up.

Springer...

[edit on 2-17-2008 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Considering every single new sighting that has happened in the past four years has been posted here. I fail to see what you mean.
Springer...

Ouch. I completely retract what I said before, Mr. Springer, Sir.

(Can I still play here? Please don't send me home!)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have only recently joined and In definetly NOT a teenager, I have one of those in the house though and thats enough.
I know what you mean about some of the new threads not being as good as a few years ago but sometimes things do need "new blood to give new life"
There are some quite good ones if you look, but on this site greys and reptilians rule Im afraid.

I do not notice how many points people have and I certainly wouldn t stop reading a thread if I suddenly saw they only had 300 points.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Considering every single new sighting that has happened in the past four years has been posted here, discussed at length and investigated by many, sometimes including traveling to the actual site (like when I went to Chicago last year and Crakeur and I went to Roswell this year for the FOIA documents and Valhall and Fretling went to Stephenville, Tx.) I fail to see what you mean.

I think what most of you are misunderstanding as subjects "fading away" is that we get 4500+ NEW posts a DAY, that means this board moves FAST. It doesn't mean there's a lack of interest in any one subject it means there are so many subjects being discussed at once you have to keep up.

Springer...

[edit on 2-17-2008 by Springer]

I have to agree with you here, however I too feel a little dissapointment at some of the redundancy. Granted I don't have the time to fine tooth comb every thread here. As a matter of fact I usually skip the video and see what everyone is saying about it before I even bother!

Perosnally, I think that "You Tube" has had a great negative effect on this and many other sites. One of you, I can't remember whom was recently descrying the lazy people who just rely on this place to look at unusual photos without doing the research themselves. I fear I am one of them....but I do tend to catch myself reading instead of posting because most of the time when I get to the end it's already been debunked or whatever. I don't have an answer, I don't know if there is an answer. All I know is that of all the threads I would finally choose to participate in its odd that I chose this one!

Perhaps there is many others who feel the same and remain silent? All in all though, I still visit this place on a regular basis because I know that if and when the real event occurs it will in all likelihood be showcased here first!! I want to be here when it does!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As wise old Solomon once said, "Theres nothing new under the son."
Now aint that the truth. Its just the same thing dressed in different clothes.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
well I thought a massive Anubis visiting my husband in the form of a hologram WAS new but there you go , can t please everyone can you! If only the Anubis had had a little grey friend everyone would have been interested in it wouldn t they. People dont want anything new they just what the same old stuff but with more and more U Tube vids to try and back it all up. I think those vids of humans turning into reptiles should be banned their terrible.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

what? ...points?.... do i get a free stuffed alien if i get enough points? a good laugh on the holiday thanks

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I use ATS mostly as an alternative news source.
Some things that the major media outlets ignore or relegate to page 6 get in depth discussion here, and new info on old discussions gets popped up to the front page of "recent posts"---- if you are fast enough to catch it before it scrolls down the page list.
Current important topics as flagged by members are always available.

It's an organic kinda thing, and ya just gotta go with the flow.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There has been great discussion about many recent events. The Stephenville sightings received many unique threads with hundreds of replies.

If there was a new photo, we were on it. A video, we were on it.

If there were new witness interviews we were on it!

Sure the old subjects still get plenty of replies, nothing wrong with that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join