It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS3 Breakdowns.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
MY bro's PS3 broke within it's fist 2 weeks.
He was told that the problem is common and they know what it is and that it's not worth trying to repair so he got a new one within 1 week from a delivery guy.

The D/guy had about 100 ps3's in his van to deliver in place of broken ones and he said all of them were booked.

SO it's nice to know 360's arent the only ones having problems but sony are sorting it out alot faster.

HAs this PS3 problem affected any of you guy's???

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I smell a lie. gamepro has it at .01% for PS3, 11% for the Wii, and 34% for 360. Why Microsoft extended its warranty.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Can't say mine has and we've had it since they were released.
Although it has "reset" our saved data a couple of times now. What's up with that ?

I've kinda been waiting for it to die lol No idea why, just a feeling I get sometimes when I turn it on. Guess that's the paranoia in me but it may be warranted now that I read your story.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HHH Is King
I smell a lie. gamepro has it at .01% for PS3, 11% for the Wii, and 34% for 360. Why Microsoft extended its warranty.

No lie. He was told on the phone that there was about 5% that have the problem and their keeping people happy because they replace them so quick. If I owned Sony I woulndn't just get up and say our thing breaks, but I would keep it hush and get it sorted.

To make it even more specific he was play Resistance : fall of man. It went to a load screen crashed and never worked again. But he had a new one within 2 weeks. were as (and this is what I worry about) 360 owners have had to wait up to and over a month.

I don't like to jump on the bitchy fanboy wagon. I'm just stating a fact...

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Doubt its that high. 5%? Again Gamepro announced it at .01%. Not PSM, but Gamepro, a independent magazine. Although lately it seems to be all Nintendo with SMSB coming out. But it did have a couple articles about how Q1 will be good for Nintendo, the other 3 will suck as it has no good games coming out. While PS3 and 360 will have slow Q1 but great Q2-4 with more games coming out, especially PS3 with FFXIII and others.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I bought my PS3 used off ebay, and haven't had a problem with it yet, but just incase, I'm doing back-ups of the hard drive to an external hard drive with usb cord, and looking into an extra hard drive for mine.

I see they are selling online on ebay (yes, we're ebay junkies) that also fit into laptops.....

Just an FYI for you all.

A_L

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
im sick of xbox. it broke 1 month after i got it fixed. I didnt even playit for that 1 month !!!!!!!

LONG LIVE PS3!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Ihad my ps3 for 2 weeks and it stoped working i was playing GTA 4 and got of for the night went to get back on and it qute reading the disk so i think the ps3 is junk and they need to make them better.

top topics

join