It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

adobe flash player spyware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
found this on rense.com and it shows you what sites have put spyware in your flashplayer and might be using your computer to store info.

i was not aware of this untill i read the webpage...

www.macromedia.com...
Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Storage Settings panel

i erased all of them.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, I found this statement quite alarming ...

Use this panel to specify storage settings for any or all of the websites that have requested permission to use your camera or microphone or to store information on your computer.

(emphasis mine)

I guess they access your things first, and ask questions later.

[edit on 2/17/08 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The human experience was made to be exploited by new technologies layed out before the masses as a simple gift horse. I guess thats why mac player9 is such a beast of 666 neocon elitist nwo buffoonery.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

your welcome,

yes i found that statement "websites that have requested to use your camera and microphone" very alarming.

makes me wonder what other players do this also ?

not sure if any spyware filter even picks this stuff up ? hmmm....

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
The human experience was made to be exploited by new technologies layed out before the masses as a simple gift horse. I guess thats why mac player9 is such a beast of 666 neocon elitist nwo buffoonery.

thats a good analogy...

you had me laughing on that one...lmao

but its almost not funny ?....

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Easynow,

I jest not in my humble opinion but glade you saw a bit of humour because I see it all around us as we comfort ourselves in the firm grip of intrusive technology. It is good, though we can smile upon our contrived weaknesses, and continue on with life as usual. Every coded software we install has some backdoor operative signaling across the network, over here. Unless a firewall is in place to halt outbound traffic, they will take notice.

I highly suspect ATS as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow

I highly suspect ATS as well.

Well, you wouldn't fit in too well here if you didn't.

[edit on 2/17/08 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

yes i know you were serious in your post ...i had to laugh at the irony of it all.

you know i erased everything in the flash player this morning and by 6 this evening i had four different bugs again.

not sure if i lower the amount of storage if it will affect sites like you tube ?

well i can see that i am gonna have to keep this in my bookmarks so i can check it again.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is insane way of adjusting ones program preferences

Then it uses up all your processor - more computing power than the moon mission - and I can only open one youtube page at a time!

Adobeflash = evil

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I find it quite amusing that you guys are ducking and covering under the table in panic about harmless cookies Adobe Player is storing on your computer. As for web conferencing features, what's so evil about that? Could be useful. It's not like any random web site can just spy on you through your camera without your consent as far as I'm aware.

All the while you are totally oblivious about Google Analytics tracking your every moves right here on BTS/ATS. Which is much more intrusive in my opinion. Google knows about your internetz habits more than you do. It remember every keywords you ever searched, web sites you visited, your posts in online forums, webmails you sent, or the last time you forgot to put the cap back on the toothpaste tube. Feel safer now?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ufia

Feel safer now?

no..

that is alarming that Google is tracking everything and sure does make me wonder what kind of spyware is in my computer from them ?

never the less i have been using this manager to get rid of all this extra spyware for a long time now and i can just imagine how much would be on my comp by now if i didn't know about this.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i did a google search on flash malware and here are a few of the results:

USATODAY.com Malicious Flash Banner Ad Date:04.08.2008 Threat Type: Malicious Web Site / Malicious Code Websense® Security Labs™ has received reports of a malicious Flash banner ad on USATODAY.com, a prominent news web site. The banner ad leads to the download of various spyware and ransomware, appearing as legit anti-virus scanners to the uninitiated.

WebSense

According to Trend Micro researchers, the Expedia site was infiltrated by a variant of the SWF.AdHijack family - clicking on the ad led to a number of redirections, which eventually resulted in the installation of a piece of rogue anti-spyware detected by Trend as TROJ_GIDA.A.

Virus Bulletin

Consumerist

GNUCitizen

Malicious Flash banner ads have been surfacing on major web sites including Expedia.com, Rhapsody.com, and MayoClinic.com in the last month, according to media reports. Users who click on the banners, which advertise a digital music service, a student dating service, and disk cleaning software, are redirected to Web sites that proceed to install malware on their PCs.

CampusTechnology

Please try to read the links and be informed.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

hey thanks for the info and links

i have had the malicious code start to take over a few times from these flash ads and it is quite annoying. not hard to get rid of but i always wonder what is still lingering on my computer that did not get picked up because it's designed to not be picked up like the google tracking crap ?

i think i am going to look into that plugin for firefox..flash block ?

new topics

top topics

join