It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vivid Cape Of Good Hope UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Did a search here for "Cape Of Good Hope UFO" saw nothing.
So if it's been examined before Sorry, just delete thread.

Now, I hadn't seen this before, and unfortunately it's a youtube vid, so who knows if it's cgi or what, but I must say it looks great.
Comments?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well that was an interesting video. Never saw that one before. It looks real. The glint of the sun off of it is interesting. I didnt listen to the sound. Does atone say anyting? Has this video been discussed before?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
HAHHHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

Did you hear the guy sniffle?

He was watching this thing so close to him and all he says is "sniff"?

What a joke!

Although a very well done CGI

If anyone is duped by this I will be amazed

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is a cool video and I have followed that guys posting over there. I first thought it was a Billy Meir special but something intrigued me. As I watched the video I got a definate sense of it departing to the right yet when I paused/play/paused the video I couldn't see any movement to the right. Finally I found a faint shadow going off two the right in one "frame". It's funny that the light caught the vapor trail or whtever but it couldn't catch the ufo.
Does the saucer depart at faster than the spped of light?
What is it in the air disturbance that blocks the sun causing a shadow? Sea mist?

I will even go to the trouble to post a screen shot despite the premptive shot of ridicule:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Another thing I noted was that when I pause/play/paused the video the UFO jumped around a little bit. There was a hint of a splice? Still on the fence but interesting.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There is some sort of an anomaly in a "V" shape above the craft at all times in this video where something is wrong with the picture. You can tell by looking at the sky right above it, it pixelates more than the rest of the screen.

It may be someone trying to digitally obscure a string\pole, or it may be an artifact of an unknown propulsion device.

To me it reeks of digital masking.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Lotiki]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lotiki
There is some sort of an anomaly in a "V" shape above the craft at all times in this video where something is wrong with the picture. You can tell by looking at the sky right above it, it pixelates more than the rest of the screen.

It may be someone trying to digitally obscure a string, or it may be an artifact of an unknown propulsion device.

To me it reeks of digital masking.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Lotiki]

Did you see the shadow I pointed out? I will try to freeze the image again and see if there is anything else. Watch the birds flying behind it.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The hardest part of these videos to fake is always the exit. People who make these things tend to want there to be a cartoon-like blur when the thing exits the scene, but things shot in video generally wouldn't show a stretchy blur like that. If it's really going fast, it will be in one frame and then it won't be in another. Trying to make it look "real" with the blur is always a dead giveaway.

Oh, and always with the convenient timing of the departure. Let's see video of one of these things hanging around for fifteen minutes or more. And with other people getting video of the same thing at the same time but from a different angle. That would be interesting.

P.S. -- Just to add, even if the video was perfect, with nothing else to back it up it's just another image and worth just slightly more than diddly poop. And not much more.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I guess that blur got me but if it was a left behind remnant it should have lasted longer than a frame. Don't these hoaxers critique their own vids? I will consider accepting offers approaching diddly poop however.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I've tracked the first version of this video that has been posted on the web:
It can be found here:
Video
The video description reads:
UFO hovering at Cape of Good Hope, South Africa, 19th September 2003
Credits: Chris Oakley

After googling his name, i came across his website: he's a video artist.
www.chrisoakley.com...

Here can be found his download section: there's a video which looks very familiar to me...
www.chrisoakley.com...

Cape of Good Hope, South Africa, 19th September 2003 (Ceci n'est pas une Soucoupe en Vol )

End of story

[edit on 17/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks Internos. Guess we can put this one to bed.

Wish people wouldn't upload vids made by video "artists" on youtube and label them as real ufo's.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
it kind of leaves quickly like the helicopter ufo in NYC, sounds the same too when it leaves

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Once again Internos, Great job

Monkey's dead, show's over.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I swear I am going to create an award just for "Internos"! "Greatest Web Sleuth" or something like that.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Look at the birds flying by. Once near the image they are gone then reappear on the left side. Fake!!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

He needs one! Internos is really on top of things around here! Bravo Man!

Good Job Internos!

JSR

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

i like that idea. some of the guys/girls on this forum are far beyond good contributors.

----------------edit-----------
WATS for ya internos !

[edit on 18-2-2008 by JSR]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Another Illuminati hoax.
Well they have the best real saucer images and lie as a mater of fact.

[edit on 9/20/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Another Illuminati hoax.
Well they have the best real saucer images and lie as a mater of fact.[edit on 9/20/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

Has nothing to do with the Illuminati

It's just a CGI artist showing off his work

Can you post anything on here without saying it's Tesla tech or done by the Illuminati?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is a very remarkable video and I think it deserves another look. If it is CGI , it is very very well done indeed. It is true that Chris Oakley has it on his site , but there is a problem with that IMO. I have searched for any other CGI examples of his videos and cannot find any other CGI work that he has done. None . I find this rather strange.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join