It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the best place to go when Nibiru returns?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

So let me get this straight...what you are saying is that if there is no evidence against an idea then it must be correct??

Is that some new form of deductive reasoning??

I have studied quantum physics all my life and have become accustomed to the idea of variables not being set until observed...

However, you cannot apply that to outlandish ethereal idea's that has no scientific evidence to back it up.

There is a chance yes sure there is. There is also a chance that you could become aware of the sun going super nova in 8 minutes times due to some unforeseen cataclysmic event...
But why waste valuable thinking time on something that a) There is no observable evidence of b) All conjecture arises from interpretations of a civilisation that died out more than a thousand years ago.

The chances of a large mass travelling through our solar system is not Zero but to give a name to a planet and say that it's coming, or that it's a 'Death Star' or etc etc is ridiculous at best.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Are you basing your logic on the fact that NASA would tell us anything truthful??
If so then I think that way of thinking is flawed and close-minded.
At least be open to the idea that they could be lying to us.
That being said, I don't think the whol Nibiru event is the only event. I believe is it one of many things that will occur sooner than later regarding the whole end of times thing.

sty

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
reply to post by sty

So let me get this straight...what you are saying is that if there is no evidence against an idea then it must be correct??

NeoN HaZe.

So let me get this straight...what you are saying is that if there is no evidence against an idea then it must be incorrect??

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

No, I'm saying that the chance of an as yet undiscovered large rouge mass travelling through our solar system is not zero.

I'm also saying that when there is no evidence to suggest something is true then I have no reason to believe.

Discovery is a path and you get there by taking one step at a time. Sometimes we learn of short cuts to answers but always there is a trail by which you can point to and explain to everyone else how you arrived at your discovery.

That is Science plain and simple!

Debating where is the safest place to be if a rogue large mass were to travel through our solar system... fair enough... But to say its Nirubu or planet x or that we should all start to plan for this foretold event is not even a stretch it’s simply crazy!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Neon Haze]

sty

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

You are right , I agree. Let us stat with the fact that 80% of the solar systems are at least binary star system. Agree?

Also one more question - if the Sun companion is dwarf star orbiting the Sun at 500 AU , what would be the chance to detect it?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
NASA is only one source of information. Are you saying the entire community of those involved with Astronomy and associated sciences are in a giant conspiracy with NASA? How did they accomplish this conspiracy of tens of thousands of people and get them to all cooperate?

How large is it?
How was its size determined?
What is its current position?
How was its location determined?
What is its mass?
How was its mass determined?
What is its trajectory?
How was its trajectory determined?
Are there any published, peer reviewed articles on Niburu (please provide links)?

I've never seen answers to any of these questions which makes me more than skeptical. I'm open to considering its existence providing some evidence is provided. What do you have?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Guys.
The OP isn't trying to start an argument over the existance of a planet X.
If you want to argue over whatever facts there MAY be, take it somewhere else. You've hijacked his thread, and are ignoring his concerns.
There have also been others, and moderators warning this thread to stay on topic.
Please have a bit more consideration for the OP.

As for you, OP, I can't begin to think where you would be safe.
I imagine another planet coming close to us would create extreme tides- The only advice I could possibly give you, would be to head for higher ground.
That's really the only place I can think of going. Aside from that, cross your fingers?

sty

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

While I agree with the purpose of the thread, I have to admit that we cannot concern about something we are not sure it even exist . Once we have the data , we would be able to predict the events and eventually find the response - where is the best place to be in order to protect our lifes ! I personally wish to have an impartial investigation of the phenomena - and gladly we have here people with a good variety of views that would help us create the correct response. This is a subject it was talked about for a long time , and the questions mentioned by Blaine91555 are very good! actually responding to his/her questions would create the desired response - that in the end we wish to find.
I will repeat the questions again:
"How large is it?
How was its size determined?
What is its current position?
How was its location determined?
What is its mass?
How was its mass determined?
What is its trajectory?
How was its trajectory determined?
Are there any published, peer reviewed articles on Niburu (please provide links)?
"

I will spend some time this week-end to investigate as I want a response at least for myself!
regards
Sty

[edit on 16-2-2008 by sty]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
Guys.
The OP isn't trying to start an argument over the existance of a planet X.
If you want to argue over whatever facts there MAY be, take it somewhere else. You've hijacked his thread, and are ignoring his concerns.

Not at all!!

The existence of Nirburu is fundamental to this thread. For if Nirburu does not exist then the answer to the OP's posed question would be flawed.

Simple Logic.

The Mods warned over personal attack (bullying is not tolerated here) though if you read it was obvious that the Mods actively encouraged debate about the subject matter.

Remember Deny Ignorance!!!

If the title had been.....

'Where would the safest place to be if large rouge previously unknown mass were to stray into our solar system?'

Then fair enough. But since this thread assumed the existence of Nirubu, I simply challenged that ignorance.

Can you see??

NeoN HaZe.

sty

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Here we go - the fist document I found regarding the Planet X position:

adsbit.harvard.edu...

It was published by SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) , going to read it now

and another good source here:
www.ucs.louisiana.edu...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I life about 10 kilometers from the coast and it's in a polder that's 2 metres below sealevel so i will be washed away as if i never existed if the binary star theory is true. At least it will be quick
. But yeah, in case of a catastrophic event being as far away from whatever huge body of water is generally speaking a good thing.

Oh and if anyone likes to read a scientifically looking explanation about our solarsystem being a binary one, go to www.binaryresearchinstitute.org... it's an interesting read i have to say.

That being said, there are so many theories going around of a coming catastroph that i do not know what to believe, another one is 'just' a poleshift and that for all intents and purposes will wreak the same kind of havoc as a passing planet. There is evidence that points to the validity of poleshifts that occured in the past i think and if memory serves me right they say that the next poleshift is long overdue and should have happened a few hundred years ago.

Imo, dying is not something to be afraid of so i will not move away eventhough i will not be suprised if one of these two things will come to pass, i'm not really a 'surviving the apocalyps' kinda guy, to much of a hassle
. I mean, think about it, you have survived the onslaught and then what? 90% or more of the people you knew will have been killed, nuclear facilities all over the world will have blown up/started leaking, chemicals everywhere, maybe even a nuclear winter of somesort and other Mad Maxian stuff jumping up at you, no thanks. Mad Max movies are fun to watch but that's it for me. In that aspect i am with Neon Haze, live your life day by day, don't worry about things that may or may not come to pass that you cannot change even if you wanted to. This is not something you can stand up against like an man-made NWO or something.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
where's the best possible place to be when planet x cruises through the neighborhood?

such a tough question. the coast seems like a no-no, due to tidal surges.
if you go highland, preferably flat and high (like the plains of colorado) might do, but then you have flooding issues, and not much run-off area (like arizona).

if your climbing to higher elevations, and if there becomes a 40 days and 40 nights scenario of rain, then you have ground saturation and land slides to deal with. either way, being remote (if that's where one finds safety) has its problems too with no resources.

not sure there would be a safe place really. find the driest, highest place with good run off and stable ground would prove to look into one would think.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If a planet does a flyby, we're screwed. There's not just the tidal surge, but also the effect on the molten material beneath the crust. Our world would probably greatly resemble Io in such an event.

That said, if a planet of any size - or for heaven's sakes, an entire brown dwarf - were floating around out there, it would have been noticed. Sorry to the CT's out there, but NASA isn't coving anything up - because they can't. All people in the freaking world have access to the sky, and most have access to a telescope or two. Amateur astronomers are the ones making most of the discoveries in our solar system these days, and a large planet or ENTIRE STAR would have definitely been noticed and exposed.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
Not at all!!

The existence of Nirburu is fundamental to this thread. For if Nirburu does not exist then the answer to the OP's posed question would be flawed.

Simple Logic.

No offense intended, but faulty logic as far as I am concerned. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from, but if this logic held true, then every single post in the 'Aliens and UFOs' forum would turn into 'Do Aliens Exist'. And as there's clearly not enough hard evidence to prove one way or the other, no thread would ever go anywhere.

While you may personally be highly skeptical of the Planet X/Nibiru theories, sometimes it is necessary to make a temporary assumption of truth for the sake of hypothetical consideration. If your skeptical palette requires a different wording, consider the question: 'If Nibiru did exist, what would be the safest place to be'.

Consider whether every poster in the Alien and UFO section would like all of their threads to be turned into a 'Do Aliens Exist' debate and you'll get a feeling for where the OP is coming from. There are plenty of other threads for discussing the existence (or lack thereof) of Nibiru. To do so gives absolutely no practical input to the OP's question.

I get the whole 'Deny Ignorance' thing, but this is Skunkworks. Skunkworks should have a different motto: 'Entertain Any Possibility'.

In answer to the OP, I think given the current distance of the object (if it does exist, I myself am not personally convinced) the only people with equipment powerful enough to study it's trajectory would be NASA, and obviously they're saying nothing for whatever reason.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lordapathy

I am grateful for this post and just ignore those who question your curiosity. I have the same curiosity.....just because you bury your head in the sand the train still comes......thanks for the post.
speaknoevil07

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Without getting into the debate of if this thing exists or not (which it most certainly DOES NOT!) I don't think there is ANYWHERE you could go. If Planet X really is as big as the conspirators says it is, and it's only currently 4 years away from 2012, its supposed arrival date, it should be a huge big ball in the sky many times bigger than the moon. I don't see it, do you???

But anyway, something that large would disrupt everything. Hypothetically, the poles would probably shift, the magnetosphere would collapse, our orbit would be perturbed, the weather would go crazy, the atmosphere would be affected, land mass would be eaten away by massive tides, Earth would lose tidal lock with the moon, the seasons would be messed up...

The list could go on and on. My point is, if there were a Planet X that passed us by every few thousand years, there would be NO evolutionary development on Earth at all because anything that arose would be wiped out. That's the fundamental, definite and ultimate nail in the coffin for this stupid nonsense of Planet X. I didn't want to get into the debate about it, but I just can't help it, it annoys me so much that there's people that mislead gullible types into this sort of thing.

The best place to be? Anywhere, because it is not going to happen.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You know I was thinking.....just look at the "cradle of so-called civilization"
the middle east.......I don't know why but these peoples seem to have survived......and south america.......these seemed to have survived also.......the pyrimid thing seems to be a clue........and being underground seems to be a clue as well......I am not great with this since I am new at posting. It seems one would want to be well inland, higher elevation, have 2 months or longer of a safe food supply and seeds to recover if this does happen and a means to purify water since humans cannot live w/o water that is safe. One key would be the wild life......seems with the sunami's the animals knew before the event so watch the wild life and this should help. I understand there will be high winds, meteors, burning vegatation, impure water and crazed persons running around. Nuclear reactors will probably go offline and radiation will be rampant......a true disaster of imense proportions.......99% will probably die. I do believe you can survive if underground, have food,water and are high enough to not be flooded. Also if the poleflip that is expected occurs.........so believe that the more north one is is better since the north will go south and vice-vers...I am not totally versed in this.....just looking at history and how the geography has changed.....hope this helps. Keep hoping it doesn't happen.
speaknoevil07

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

yes but you are assuming that we understand all matter.........some matter is dark matter and there are types of matter that I think with our physical limitations we can't even detect......You assume that we can see these things coming toward us...we sometimes miss flybys of matter that almost take us out as the ATS site shows by the posts of "near misses...."
So if NASA could see it in time ......they would tell us but what if it is not something that sets off our sensors.....we can only sense what we have instruments for there is types of matter that we cannot sense, Or I beleive there are more types of vibrational matters than we currently in our dimension can sense........we do not know the whole universe and what is out there.....
so explain the infrared hits that some cameras are picking up from great distances.......black holes......and anti matter..........dark matter....there are just a lot of possibilities. I can understand questioning how to survive. I am not afraid of death but I am not going to just go out and let these things take me out either.....
speaknoevil07 new poster but know that I am gonna take hits for this! "

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Mattguy..... Thankyou!

You just bought me back down to earth again with a shattering bump!

Everytime this subject hits the forum I get a nervous tick... what if!!!!

It needs people like you to make sense of it all.

And that's not because I haven't listened to both sides of the story - I have, countless times! But really where is the evidence? Why bother to seek refuge if this really is going to happen, you can't say where will be safe, surely!

No one alive has ever documented evidence to say where will be safe or not!

I've had my time believing planet X is out there, now I'm going to get on with my life, and if it does come by, I won't be ready! I won't be hiding in caves, or trekking up the highest mountain! but I also won't have spent the last 4 years worrying!

Mattguy... Thanks!

Ceekay

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
My point is, if there were a Planet X that passed us by every few thousand years, there would be NO evolutionary development on Earth at all because anything that arose would be wiped out. That's the fundamental, definite and ultimate nail in the coffin for this stupid nonsense of Planet X.

I see, so you base your rejection of the possibility of the existence of Planet X on the presumption that the theory of evolution as the origin of species is correct. Never mind the vast geological evidences of past cataclysms. Forget that evolution as a theory of the origin of life is far from proven. Everyone has their belief system. Some are called a religion. Not yours of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join