It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do i have a "Guardian Angel"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hi.

Just wanted to share a very strange and personal experience that happened to me a few years ago.

Having moved away from my home town,and leaving my friends and family behind to look for work,i set off to start a new life for myself.
However after a couple of years,things started to look pretty bleak.Bills were mounting up,my wages were'nt as good as i had hoped they would be,and because of the distance i had relocated to find work,i was finding myself more and more isolated from friends and family.
Thats when the depression set in.

After a particularly hard and emotional day,(a group of my fiends had decided to travel 150+ miles to visit and when they left i closed the door and slumped to the floor and burst into tears),and being to proud to ask my family for help,i decided i would take my own life.

That night i went to my bedroom and cried like i had never cried before,i mean i was literally screaming for my Mum and Dad,hoping that they might hear me,and yet i was still too proud to pick up the phone.I set out the pills that i was going to take on my bedside table,said goodnight to my cat,(who was curled up at the foot of the bed,and said to myself,"I will try and get a nights sleep,but if i still felt the same way in the morning,i would scoop the whole amount of pills down my throat"
.Anyway,i somehow managed to drift into sleep.

It was around 1am when i was awoken by the noise of my cat growling.
I was lying on my side in a feotal position and i turned my head when suddenly the cat screamed and shot about 4 feet straight up in the air,and ran downstairs.It was straight after that i felt a weight settle on the bed ,which then curled in behind me in the same feotal position as i was lying.

I was paralysed with fear,and no matter how much i wanted to turn over and see who was lying behind me,i was just too scared to do it.
Then the contact began.

I moved my feet,and to my horror i felt another pair of feet curled under mine.Then a hand came from out of the corner of my vision,sort of over my shoulder,and held me across my chest and another hand came from below my pillow and held me across my chest also.The temperature plummeted,i had never felt cold like it,(especially not in a slept in bed equipped with an electric blanket)!It was so cold i was having trouble breathing and my teeth were chattering.

After about 10 seconds of extreme cold,the temperature started to rise again and i was able to regain some composure.I looked at the hands that were holding me across the chest and noticed that they were like an old womans hands,wrinkled and with age spots.I could hear breathing as well,like asthmatic breathing and a smell which reminded me of my paternal Grandmothers asthma medication,(a powder which was burned on the top of the tin,and the vapours then inhaled.Obviously before the advent of inhalers).

I still had the urge to turn over to see who was holding me,but i felt so warm,comfortable and secure that i just thought,"Well,atleast someone is looking after me,i don't need to see who it is",and just drifted back too sleep.

Next morning i woke up feeling refreshed and energised,yet with the previous nights events still fresh in my mind.I looked at the pills on the bedside table,scooped them up,took them downstairs and flushed them down the toilet.I then checked the cat and she seemed fine.

That night i went for a drink with some work colleagues,where i met a girl who i am happy to say has now been my wife for the last seven years.We have two great kids and life seems pretty good right now.

Everyday problems still crop up,but i now feel that i can handle things much better thanks to my experience with my "guardian angel".
After all, she saved my life!

I would like to hear your thoughts on this and indeed if any of you have had similar experiences.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Scobro,
I admire your courage in sharing that story with all of your vulnerability included. I'm really glad that whatever happened that night, you are now with us, helping to improve the lives of others on this planet. Your wife and every life, including your cat's that you have helped, enriched, or contributed to since that night have benefited to a degree that you may never know, all because of your decision to live.

I have had different but equally strange experiences, and whether it is a guardian angel or possibly even your grandmother, I believe that sometimes, the specifics are less important than the choices you make as a result that it did happen. Perhaps it is not your time to know.

For me, reading your story was positive and gave me a feeling of hope for people in general. By communicating that positive feeling to me, even that is another good thing you have done.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

Thanx for your kind words.
It certainly was a life changing event for me,and now i look back on troubles i have had in my past and think,"Well,if i had'nt gone through all that problems,i would'nt have what i have got now".

I do believe that most things happen in life for a reason,sort of like a test,
and if it had'nt been for the events of that night,i would have certainly killed myself the next morning.

It's kind of comforting to think that there might be someone or something looking out for you.even when you don't realise it.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

I had a somewhat similar experience. Feeling very abandoned, tired of being alone and struggling. Alone in my house, I sat in my chair sobbing and yelled ... I NEED A HUG! Lo and behold, arms came from behind me and gave me the most loving hug I have ever felt. For some reason I KNEW it was my grandfather (who had died 50+ years before). The feeling was beyond discription. To me doesn't matter what "it" was ... I have never totally felt alone or unloved again.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by reblazed

Hi.

I agree. After the initial shock,and the freezing temperature,
it turned into the most wonderfully warm,comfortable and secure feeling i have ever known.

Very strange

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just to say to you, my eyes are teary here in the office when readiing
your story. I can relate to these feelings of 'not right', 'its just not fair'
and the episode you had.

I had similar event, but as strange as it is, i faced the ghost - but this
is so repressed that i cannot remember its face (was a woman for sure).

Thanks for a loving story, be sure that everyone here on this forum
loves you and everything will be fine in the end.

We are all one.

"One love, one blood, one life, you got to do what you should"
U2, The One.

[]´s
RP

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

The whole time I read your post I had the chills and the hairs stood up on my arm. Maybe you had a visit from a Guardian Angel or maybe you had a timely hallucination? Either one is hard to believe in a logical sense

When I think about Guardian Angels or some protective spirit, my mind struggles to accept the idea. I can't work out how or why they could be.

Nevertheless, I've had quite a few experiences and moments when I've felt that something had intervened to help me. Deep down and too embarrassed to show it's face in public, part of me believes that something has protected or saved me.

I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what you believe about your having a Guardian Angel. You were at your lowest ebb and something happened to change your mind and keep going. Whether it was a protective spirit or your own psyche, you're here now and that's a good thing

Regarding suicide, this article and the .pdf should be required reading for everyone. I read it years ago and it's profound in it's implications. Changed my life. A smile can save the lives of strangers

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

I've read that everyone has a guardian angel. I never made contact with mine but when i've hit some bad moments i've always seen a sign one way or another when i absolutely needed one.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Your story is beautiful, and most definitely real. Most people have Guardian spirits that watch over them, they are better called Spirit Guides. Most Christians choose to believe that they are angels, but in factuality they are not angels like most people on earth want to believe. Instead, they are earth bound spirits- they were human, and most are still that way because they comitted an act against god, taking human life- their own or another persons. They choose to become a spirit guide, to better their karma. The catholic perspective on Heaven and Hell is a bit extreme, but is actually true. For those spirits who Kill, or Kill themselves there is a period of redemption available to them. They can choose to help others on earth, in order for their ascension to heaven, or the afterlife of happiness. This is why, they want to help us. If you think about it makes sense. The image of angels just randomnly caring about each of us individually because God charges to do so isnt the case. Angels stay in heaven, Earthbound spirits interfere and help on earth. I know all of this because I am a medium, I work with earth bound spirits, and spirit guides to help them transition to the other side. U2U me with any questions I can help you with.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That is a great story, and yes you do have guardian angels. I am glad that all has worked out for you. Throughout my life there has been times where I have felt my guardians with me. Times I was in some volatile situations where the only perceivable outcome was a bad one, but some how I managed to come out unharmed. I am glad to hear your story, stories like this just go to show that there is more to this life that we can explain.

iCu

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Scobro, first I want you to know this is my first post and probably my only posting here on ATS. I'm your typical "Lurker" hiding in the shadows. Your story struck such a similar cord that I felt compelled to add a little more to the discussion on your subject. Although I know from experience of reading the many subjects matters discussed here there will undoubtedly the usual opposite opinions. I have had several experiences in my life one quite similar to yours, these are only two of them.
There was a time when I was extremely depressed to the point of taking my life, seriously. I stood on the brink of a decision where I felt it was the right thing to do at that moment. I stood there, full of sorrow, self hate, lack of self worth and cried out for God to help me. To help everyone understand the situation. It was very late at night, past 12 midnight. I was in the bathroom with the only light on in my apartment, it was totally dark in the front part of my unit. I lived in a semi large apartment complex with other lights on in the other apartments units next to me. As I stood there with the pills in my hand, there was a knock at my door. I can only guess that because of the mental state I was in, when I contemplated my next course of action it felt as though I was in another state of consciousness, time seems compressed so focused on my inevitable death, the knock, the knocking was so loud, it made me jump. Damn, I looked at the combination of pills in my hand and took a good look in the mirror and the knocking wouldn't stop. So I returned the pills and went to the front door. Outside stood and old man who asked me if I knew of his son. The only person who I knew of that name live a few doors from me, to which I directed him to. One would obviously think that this was just a random coincidence? What are the odds? The knock that knocked me back into reality came right after I cried out loud for God to save me. Why did he pick my unit with the lights off when others around me where on? What are the odds, was he directed to me or was he there for me to let me know God was listening? I know now...
My second experience, took place while I was driving home from college. It was late and I should have known better than to start a 9 hour drive home. 1 hour into my drive I fell asleep. It was on a two-way road used to connect to the interstate 10 from Phoenix, before they finished the connection. I fell asleep, out cold behind the wheel of a car on a two lane road. What happened next is so unexplainable. I heard a female voice, yelling my name 4 times in a quick succession each increasingly louder than the previous. So unbelievably loud it felt as though there where light bulbs flashing in my head each time she called me. This is the only way I am able to describe it to you. I awoke to find my car in the wrong lane with a semi truck in front of me, horns blaring, its brakes locked up. I barely had enough time to jerk my wheel immediately to the right. I just had enough time to look out of my side window and watch the trucks tire go by about 2 feet from my car. it was so close and everything I was perceiving up to that point was in slow motion. I watched as the lug nuts on the wheel go by and remember the driver yelling out his window and the smell of burnt rubber, and KNEW I had been saved, again by my guardian angel.
I'm sure some of you who are reading this are very dubious while you contemplate your response, I don't blame you actually. I had made a promise to share this with anyone that would listen and felt that you and others like us in this world would understand. I know some of you will never believe because some of you haven't been as fortunate to have been touched by their guardian angel. I'm hoping that you will one day.
I would like to conclude that unless you were there you will never be able to imagine these types of experiences, they are so profoundly overwhelming they will forever be ingrained into your memory

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind words!

I myself,have no doubt that i do indeed have a guardian angel watching over me,and despite the fact that i am a family man,i now have no problem with having to spend time on my own,because i know that there is "someone"with me at all times!

However,there is something that disturbs me slightly.

What about all those poor souls who have indeed,been successful with their attempts to take their own lives?

Why have'nt they been visited by the same phenomena that visited me?

What exactly had i done to deserve such an intervention?

I would like to hear everyones opinions on these questions.

Thanx again.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why you? That is kharma IMHO, but i like to think that the
angelic structure is able to perceive if a second chance will
be adressed by the individual... i like to think that the suicidal
who gets what it wants needs astral healing... there are
reports of astral travelers who tell about the rehab centers
of the lost.

Its a shame that the religions of today put guilt and
everything... the limbo conception... thats so small mind,
a social tool for you to confess and give... and keep giving.

Im getting ready for astral projection. I already had Lucid
Dreams, but never went trance-inducted.

If you want a guide, search "do_obe" on google and open
the first PDF that pops up..

[]´s
RP

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You have a guardian deity alright, be it angel man demon or whatever it is it is guarding you.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

This is just my opinion, don't ask me to even try to prove this, I don't claim to have fake powers like the fraud Silvia Browne or the fraud John Edward, but I think everyone has at least 1 guardian angel and 1 guardian demon. Just my opinion. They balance eachother out, maybe some people have 10 of each, but because there's an opposition to all things I don't see why someone would have 1 more good or 1 more bad. Just because they are watching you doesn't mean you need to be effected by them, I've slipped on the stairs with ice a few times, that I swear I was gonna hit the concrete with my head no doubt but magically I landed on my feet, so I believe it's possible my guardian angel did that, can't prove it, don't know my guardian angels name, doesn't matter, but I believe everyone has one, and a demon, like the cartoon with the demon on one side the angel on the other, besides your conscience, I believe there are actual beings that follow you 24/7, it shouldn't be freaky because their existance is as natural as yours, their just doing their job. It's your choice to listen to them or not, you probably can't hear their words other than spiritually so don't expect to record them but they basically whisper in your spiritual ear.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

That is an interesting theory!
If what you say, about a gaurdian demon also being present ,then it is a presence that i ,as of yet,have been unaware of.
What exactly is it's intentions towards me?

Has it not made itself known to me,because it is biding it's time,and waiting for the right moment to exert it's influence?

I would really like to hear more regarding this theory!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
reply to post by Razimus

That is an interesting theory!
If what you say, about a gaurdian demon also being present ,then it is a presence that i ,as of yet,have been unaware of.
What exactly is it's intentions towards me?

Has it not made itself known to me,because it is biding it's time,and waiting for the right moment to exert it's influence?

I would really like to hear more regarding this theory!

Well basically... the war in heaven... Lucifer chose himself over Jesus, so God cast Lucifer and his follwers 1/3 of heaven down to earth. Those 1/3 demons still walk around on earth today, but probably in the 5th dimension. We all know the purpose of a guardian angel, to protect, some guardians may be dead relatives, some may be angels on assignment, but the purpose of a guardian demon is to simply tempt. He or she tempts you to do anything and everything, they watch you as you grow up and get to know you well, their goal is to possess your body but they don't have access to do this unless you allow them, the only way you can possibly allow them is by yielding to their tempations, they try everything but they quickly notice what you will and will not do, so they eventually hone their tempting skills on something they know you have a weakness for, when they find your weakness they will try it over and over and over attempting to crack you, if you don't yield to a small temptation you will not yield to a large one most likely and they know this which is why they start on small things, but even demons get lazy and sometimes they just hang out, if your really good, they basically have no power over you whatsoever, this would be one reason you might not have ever felt its presence.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Although i am not a particularly religious person,i do feel that there are things going on in the background that point in that direction.

I feel that i am a pretty decent person,and i would dearly like to be a little more religious,but a part of me,the logical part,will not let me totally express myself freely!

I am not sure if that makes any sense,but it is the only way i can describe it .

top topics

join