"The Global Poverty Act:
* Declares it official U.S. policy to promote the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the
Millennium Development Goal of cutting extreme global poverty in half by 2015.
* Requires the President to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to carry out that policy.
* Includes guidelines for what the strategy should include - from aid, trade, and debt relief, to working with the international community, businesses
and NGOs, to ensuring environmental sustainability.
* Requires that the President's strategy include specific and measurable goals, efforts to be undertaken, benchmarks, and timetables.
* Requires the President to report back to Congress on progress made in the implementation of the global poverty strategy."
According to the above source, these are the contents of the Global Poverty Act, sponsored by Barack Obama. The reason this is a conspiracy is that 1)
it's been very hard to find any news on this at all from either AP or Reuters or whatever mainstream news source you prefer. All the news about it is
on blogs supporting the bill. But the website belonging to Glenn Beck includes the real meat of Senate bill 2433. And 2) what's being left out of
this seemingly benign news article is what is included in Beck's coverage:
The Act will commit the US to $845 Billion in addition to what is already being spent on foreign aid (that's .7% of the GDP)
The goals of the Act will be declared by the United Nations, not the United States.
The declaration commits the US to ban small arms and weapons, ratify a series of treaties including the International Criminal Court treaty, the Kyoto
protocol, and the Convention on Biological Diversity.
Let me just say that this is not a "I hate Glenn Beck" thread. Nor is it an "Obama for president" thread. This thread is about an act of
legislation that was pushed through the house because no one read it and is now being pushed through the Senate and no one is talking about it. This
is the type of thing that we're all afraid of. Is this the direction you want the US to go in? If it is, then call it what it truly is - not
Liberalism, but SOCIALSIM, and an attempt to fast track a global government.