It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22,000 Died Amid Delayed Bayer Drug Recall: Doctor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

22,000 Died Amid Delayed Bayer Drug Recall: Doctor

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The lives of 22,000 patients could have been saved if U.S. regulators had been quicker to remove a Bayer AG drug used to stem bleeding during open heart surgery, according to a medical researcher interviewed by CBS Television's 60 Minutes program.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Could this be really true? Or at least to say accurate?

Somehow, I really feel that there is really a big conspiracy with FDA approved drugs.

There are a lot of sickness that can be treated naturally and the effect is for long term. There have been a lot of evidence that traditional medicine works well better than these FDA approved medicines.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-2-2008 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by searching_for_truth

You barely beat me too this, but here is my take.
This is interesting news, IMO. I spent some time in New Haven, CT. That is very close to an enormous Bayer facility. The place is like its own city with tight security and such.
Bayer, as we know, has ties to the experimentation on humans in Nazi camps.
My boss in CT is a native and also a Mason. He knew a lot about the area and told me stories about the town and about Bayer. I was a bit more naive at that time in my life, know I am wishing I asked him more questions. But, he never did mention any secretive things about Masonry. In fact, he was as paranoid as I get sometimes thinking about all this NWO, martial law, etc.
So, with that picture painted, back to the article. How is it that Bayer got
away with continuing to distribute this drug when it was determined to cause such a great risk of fatality? The connection of the government and the big pharmas that's how. It seems to me that we are harboring one of the biggest contributors to the Holocaust when it came to the extermination of so many people.
I believe that we are seeing in this instance the government dealing with population control measures through the use of a drug that has wiped out 22,000 innocent people. The fact that it was given to one third of heart bypass patients is astounding and very significant.
Are we using Nazi Germany era ties to bring the population to a controlled level? We need to keep an eye out for additional stories relating to other drugs that are being used in a similar way. And also be very leery of the actions of the FDA. Innocent lives are being taken right out from under us with the "false hope" of the big pharmas being unleashed on the populice.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
wow first the hiv scandal that killed children and infected whole families

www.youtube.com...

and now this %#^#^, and Bayer will probably come out with not even a slap on the wrists! i suggest everyone just stop buying anything from big pharm companies...stick to mms or bob beck stuff, go alternative homeopathy its a better choice and cheaper...allot cheaper!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

My sincere apologies. I also have to concede that you have a more comprehensive take on this subject compared mine. Very interesting indeed.

Supplement pills that I used to take even when I was 14 years old, now are still available but with additional label: "No therapeutic claims" Not intended to cure disease etc." An FDA requirement for all natural supplements.

In fact, if you stick with these natural supplements, it is most likely that you won't be needing drugs such as beta blockers & statin drugs etc.

And there are a lot SAFER (minus all the side effects) and more natural cure (Proven effective) to such common ailments such as high cholesterol level etc.

I really believe that there is a bigger picture that we don't see.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
When you are at the point of open heart surgery you will die without it. I don't think something from the health food store will be an adequate substitute. No surgery means you die. No amount of herbs will solve your problem.

This idea that Pharmaceutical Companies are purposefully killing people is pretty naive. Why do you suppose they would want to be sued for Billions? They don't, is the answer to that nonsense.

It was not so long ago that the US system of drug approval was under fire for taking too long and being too careful, while people who could benefit die. Damned if they do; damned if they don't, fits in nicely here.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

How do you explain the constant increase in life expectancy over the last few decades. The evidence does not fit that theory. Have you looked at the Obit's lately. Ages listed in the late 80's are more and more common.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

How do you explain the constant increase in life expectancy over the last few decades. The evidence does not fit that theory. Have you looked at the Obit's lately. Ages listed in the late 80's are more and more common.

yes there have been great strides in medicine that have prologued life exceptionally. But from my research there could have been so much more that allot of drug companies are keeping a secret...i sometimes think back if Dr. Raymond rifles machine was not stolen and shut up, we could be living in a world without disease!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well Blaine...how do you explain how the FDA is quickly all over this case but not so quick to go after the Bayer drug.

China-made blood thinner killing Americans?

The U.S. government is investigating a Chinese manufacturing plant as a possible source of the problems with a Baxter International brand name blood thinner that has been linked to four deaths and hundreds of allergic reactions....FDA officials said on their website that their investigation would include the Chinese manufacturing location and Baxter's plant in New Jersey, where the final work on its product is completed.

FDA to probe Chinese made blood thinner
How can you immediately take action over 4 deaths but not 22,000? The life expectancy has gone up due to awareness and advancement in medical technology such as imagery and surgery, not drugs.

[edit on 2/15/2008 by palehorse23]

[edit on 2/15/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Absolutely right, awareness AND an easier lifestyle.

Maybe people wouldn't GET to the point where they need open heart surgery if they employed preventative medicine, instead of emergency medicine. If you can break down plaque (cholesterol) without surgery and big pharma meds -- why wouldn't you?

I brought my cholesterol down 80 points (with a change in diet and supplements -- but, I didn't lose any weight) when my doctor insisted it was impossible to do without statins. Soon after, I saw a news snippet on Yahoo! that stated, "Doctors recommend ANYONE with Type II diabetes take statins -- no matter what!"

I swear!! Talk about a conspiracy! I teased her about working for big pharma. She said she didn't, then she asked me to tell her everything I had done over the last 12 months--and she wrote every single word down in her notebook. I feel pretty confident she will share my experience with other Type II diabetics -- just like she shared her personal knowledge of wild yam cream with me (prefacing the info with "I cannot tell you this works -- scientifically -- all I can say is, anectdotally speaking, my friends tell me it's worked for them".)

Sorry...carried away

If this is true, what's to stop 22,000 families from suing Bayer?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23

And also be very leery of the actions of the FDA. Innocent lives are being taken right out from under us with the "false hope" of the big pharmas being unleashed on the populice.

First they "fast-track' drugs through the FDA, then they take their time recalling them so the pharma has time to make a profit.

www.google.com...

Looking at the above, you have to wonder if there is a drug produced these days that isn't fast-tracked.

www.pharmalot.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The greatest monetary scam in human history is the sale of statins to millions of people, few of whom will benefit. The entire "cholesterol causes heart attacks" theory has never been proven. There is now an epidemic of congestive heart failure which began when statins first hit the market. Statins block the body's synthesis of coenzyme-Q, which is concentrated mostly in the the heart muscle. Merck holds 2 patents for combining coenzyme-Q with a statin, but no such combo drug was ever produced. Why?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Blaine91555

"When you are at the point of open heart surgery you will die without it."

I think that that statement is exactly what those who are making and trying to profit from the drug want each and everyone to believe. I think a better way to say that is that there may be a possibility that you will die without it. There is no way at all for anyone to know that you will, without any doubt, die from a surgical procedure if you choose to not receive a particular drug.

"It was not so long ago that the US system of drug approval was under fire for taking too long and being too careful, while people who could benefit die."

An interesting and difficult point. It is definitely a difficult thing for one to see a drug that might help a loved one delayed due to FDA approval, but I would hope that those involved would also be able to see that it is important for the FDA to know everything that they can possibly know about it before approving it. How much worse would they feel upon finding out that that the drug they were hoping would save their loved one was what killed them?

ATSGUY

"Dr. Raymond rifles machine"?

What is that? I tried looking for information on it, but found nothing.

kattraxx

First they "fast-track' drugs through the FDA.

Just the thought of that happening should be illegal in my mind.

WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

I see this term used by you and also in previous posts, but I don't know what they are exactly, so what exactly are "Statins"?

Anyone who knows can feel free to answer that.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Statin is a type of hypolipidemic drugs. Main purpose is to lower cholesterol.
There are 2 kinds, synthetic & fermentation derived.

There are several available in the market and are widely used worldwide.

Some to mention are Lipitor, Crestor & Vytorin.

I used to take Crestor. The problem with these drugs are their known side effects. It varies from person to person. Side effects can be devastating & serious.

Some of the known side effects affect the liver & muscles.

Yet, there is known natural alternative like Reducol.

Reducol Phytosterol complex (Conifer)
Link to Reducol site

patented blend of naturally occurring compounds found in plants known as phytosterols and phytostanols.

And the difference of the result between these two?

After just four weeks, the low-fat diet with added plant sterol esters and fibre led to a 28.6 percent decrease in `bad' low-density lipoprotein (LDL) form of cholesterol. Those taking statins had a 30.9 percent reduction.

So if there is a more natural alternative minus all the side effects, what will you prefer?

And these alternatives or natural remedies are often ignored or given less attention.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If you were selling statins, a great way to double or triple your sales would be to simply create a panel of "experts" who invent an ideal or recommended cholesterol level which is below that of the majority of the population.
The current recommendations were made by a panel of 9 members.
ATS question: could anyone guess how many of these members have financial ties to big pharma?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

Hrmmm, im gonna have to say, about 9 of them. Im not surprised at all by this. A big corporation with there fingers dipped in everything taking advantage of our corrupt govt to do there dirty work.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There are a lot of websites dedicated on this issue.

You can visit this particular site that has some news/reference links from the mainstream media.

Statin Drug Alert

"The cholesterol-lowering myth being spread by pharmaceutical companies worldwide could rightfully be considered the deadlist health myth in the history of man." - Shane Ellison, Medicinal Chemist

Statins, Calcium a Deadly Mix ... "A three-year follow-up on a study of people taking cholesterol-lowering statins, who had a heart attack, revealed that they had a significant amount of calcium in their coronary arteries... Now even the traditional doctors are questioning the benefits of taking statins."

"The most startling fact about 2002 is that the combined profits for the ten drug companies in the Fortune 500 ($35.9 billion) were more than the profits for all the other 490 businesses put together ($33.7 billion).[12] When I say this is a profitable industry, I mean really profitable. It is difficult to conceive of how awash in money big pharma is." -Marcia Angell, a former editor of the New England Journal Of Medicine

Now, I am not saying that I absolutely know this and everything that is written here is 100% accurate. In fairness, I know some friends & relatives who take statin drugs who are not (yet?) affected by any side effects. I also know someone who suffered side effects.

But given the documented cases and the testimony of users of this drug, it is worthy to dig deeper.

Funny is, THESE STATIN DRUGS DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL PREVENT STROKES OR HEART ATTACKS.

This info acts as a disclaimer which is included in their product information. You can see for yourself.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The answer is 8 out of 9. By the way, studies show that in the elderly low cholesterol levels are associated with a higher mortality(death) rate.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There are a few different websites that you can go to to find whether or not a specific naturopathic or homeopathic medication will work for you.

Try abchomeopathic.com It is a good website where you can specifically type your symptoms in and after a series of questions asked, will narrow your options of homeopathic or herbal medicines down to a small list you can take to a natural health foods store and purchase your medicines.

My niece came to my house yesterday with a fever and cold. Runny nose, the whole nine-yards. She also came with a little bag full of medications that will "help her". Not at all. She had tylenol, cold and flu medicines, motrin, and a few prescription meds, all stuffed in a small bag and individually labeled. Yes, maybe these medications will help aleivate some of her symptoms or possibly even completely reverse her fever and make her feel better, however, if a homeopathic or herbal remedy is available which will do the same, if not better of a job, why not use it?

I drove to the store, purchased some items for her and within about 4 hours she was doing much better. It is true that homeopathic medicines do take a little longer to work, but it is because they are working on correcting the problem, not masking it.

The other think to consider is that the world needs people to be sick to keep a lot of people in business. Imagine what it might look like if cancer was really cured. Tens of thousands of people would be out of a job. Scanners that cost millions of dollars to build would be worthless and the people operating donation centers, making pink ribbons and sending out mailings would be moving on to other jobs - that might not be available. And the researchers? What then? What do they do? You see, as bad as it is to have a population of people dying of diseases, it financially keeps this world moving. I don't agree - that is why I am reading and writing on this site. I do so because it is true.

A year ago I was traveling to Africa and needed my "shots" before I left. I was not going to get anything except what I absolutely needed. When I left the office 4 injections later, I was angry that I allowed the nurse to convinence me I was in danger by not having all my shots. I left with a polio booster. The next morning, I couldn't walk. I called to tell them of my symptoms, but they had nothing to do with it. I called for two weeks but was ignored until I realized that I would never be heard. I had a negative reaction and no one would listen to my complaint. I ended up using thieves oil on the base of my feet and almost immediately my pain let up and within 5 days I was walking normally again.

It doesn't surprise me about the drug recall and it being sent overseas. We are the American White and because people think we are here to help, they will do whatever we want.

top topics

join