It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, where did the thread on Bush Admin contempt citations go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I posted comments in a breaking news contempts citation story just a few minutes ago, and now it's gone.

This is the story:

WASHINGTON - The House voted Thursday to hold two of President Bush's confidants in contempt for failing to cooperate with an inquiry into whether a purge of federal prosecutors was politically motivated.

Angry Republicans boycotted the vote and staged a walkout.

The vote was 223-32 Thursday to hold presidential chief of staff Josh Bolten and former White House counsel Harriet Miers in contempt. The citations charge Miers with failing to testify and accuse her and Bolten of refusing Congress' demands for documents related to the 2006-2007 firings.

Republicans said Democrats should instead be working on extending a law — set to expire Saturday — allowing the government to eavesdrop on phone calls and e-mails in the United States in cases of suspected terrorist activity.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Arwqr7URgELCzf1H5t4nnIys0NUE

Interesting that the story I posted to said this was disappearing from the media. A conspiracy? Or a quickly moving ATS board?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This the one?

www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

They moved it to abovepolitics area.....not sure why some move there and others don't!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Isn't it fodder for ATS since the Bush Admin is attempting to seize supraconstitutional powers?

(Kinda like those Illuminati folk...)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What's wrong with AP? Just another of our boards. All you have to do is log in there the same as here. Log out too, btw.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I like having all my conspiracies in the same place, and the actions of the Bush Administration definately reach the level of (Illuminati, alien tool, evil dictator) conspiracy.

Plus, what makes you think I remember my password?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
I like having all my conspiracies in the same place, and the actions of the Bush Administration definately reach the level of (Illuminati, alien tool, evil dictator) conspiracy.

OK, make your own website and run it the way you want. Problem solved.

Plus, what makes you think I remember my password?

Well you logged on to ATS didn't you? Same password.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I stay logged in all the time and don't log out. Thus, the hassle of getting another password sent to me so I can log in again.

WRT staying on this board - well, you really want to chase people off, don't you?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I've had the same gripes and the same conversations.
It took a while, but I finally understood one thing: all these things are done for the good of the site and for the members - and they all give up their free time to do this, for no reward except (maybe) the love of helping the site and its members.

ATS is unique amongst sites of ANY nature, in that the mods do things for the right reason, according to the t&c and for the common good.

Sometimes it can SEEM like it's been done ad hoc, but I've come to realise differently over the last year or so.

Before I post these days,I always check the criteria for the forum I want to post in - and guidelines are there in all forums.

[edit on 14/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
I stay logged in all the time and don't log out. Thus, the hassle of getting another password sent to me so I can log in again.

WRT staying on this board - well, you really want to chase people off, don't you?

Oh really? Let me just paste this from your current panel:

"AWingAndASigh

Mood: Paranoid

Member was on ATS
60 minutes ago.
"

Bold mine.

Methinks someone is just looking to stir up drama.

Thread closed.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Here's the thread your looking for....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...if not, please post back.

In the future, it might be best to address such concerns via more appropriate channels.

i.e.
Complain/Suggestion

More often than not, the resolve is only a U2U or link away.

Hope this helps...

All the best,

top topics

join