It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Trailers are Toxic, CDC Says Residents Must be Moved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Newsinferno.com - 1 hour ago
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) trailers are indeed toxic, and Gulf Coast hurricane victims still living in the formaldehyde-filled FEMA trailers should be moved out of the structures as soon as possible, federal health officials said ...
CDC: Gulf Coast Trailers Have Toxic Air The Associated Press
Hurricane victims urged to move out of trailers NTV
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ap.google.com
www.nebraska.tv
www.washingtonpost.com
www.kplctv.com

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
we had heard stories, but now we know its official...
Fema is caught red handed by cdc

www.newsinferno.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Agent Styx]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Why am I under the impression that it was no accident?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Here is a thread that was very successful in discussing the matter. Be sure and hop over there to share your link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had considered at one point buying one or two of these trailers and you couldn't even get one. They were specifically targeted to the victims of Katrina.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
FEMA just bought & purchased what is regularly sold to the public...

the codes & approved building materials were on the books way before
the FEMA order for the trailers came around ater the hurricane.

I wouldn't put the focus on FEMA
i put the focus on the trailer codes and the PACs that allowed the toxic
but cost effective products to be sneakily allowed on an unsuspecting comsumer public.

the indignation is mis placed when FEMA is deamonized instead of the
mobile home corporations & the blood-bankers of the western world

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

My gut tells me that you are right on this one. I have heard that it is in the carpets, and that the problem was discovered long before Katrina.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If they are indeed toxic, what kind of ailments are going to surface with the people that have lived in them all this time?

Not sure what the effect of breathing in formaldehyde on a daily basis would be... but it can't be good.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
ya know its a real pain when you don't put at least one link in the link field, it completely breaks the "source" link on the main breaking news page

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon

Because you are oblivious to the prinicple of the lowest bidder, and you are paranoid

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
this is something i just don't understand .my mother was looking to buy a triple wide trailer a couple of years ago and 2 of the ones she looked at reeked of formaldhyde they even had signs posted in the kitchen of one of the trailers saying the spell would disapate in 6 months but that people with respitory illness shouldn't purchase wtf. why do you need to treat a trailer with formaldhyde i know its toxic but isn't it also very flamable.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Man, its all over the news. CNN, fox, MSNBC...someone's in trouble thats for sure.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by Choronzon

Because you are oblivious to the prinicple of the lowest bidder, and you are paranoid

Welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The storm was generated by a group within the government using technology kept secret so they are not suspects when these events happen and the lack of help and poor treatment of the survivors was intentional. its about population control

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

For once I will agree that FEMA is not wholly responsible for this. This seems to be more of a bias attack directed at FEMA in order to draw attention away from something else. Or it might be another story being pushed higher than normal because of the ratings it will attract. The stuff is used as a wood preservative and it is in carpets so not only is it used in these trailers but most homes as well. The people that everyone should be angry with are the ones making the product to begin with knowing the risks their materials have.

FEMA may have known of the risks though and if they did this places them as partially responsible.

For once FEMA should not be looked at as the almighty evil being here, though I will say normally they are pretty sad though as far as things go. They most likely went the cheapest route possible in order to stretch the money that was not being stolen by the highest ranking people in FEMA.

What is bad though I seen an interview with someone that was dealing with this today and they were saying how “the government is supposed to take care of its’ people and then they do this.” Or at least something to that effect. It is sad that she thinks it is the government that is responsible for taking care of ITS’ people. I wonder where she got that idea? I also wonder where she supposes that the government is supposed to get that money to begin with?

Raist

top topics

join