It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS: Bombers may use 'pregnancy prosthetics'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

DHS: Bombers may use 'pregnancy prosthetics'

deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is reminding law-enforcement officials of the increased use of female suicide bombers worldwide, and warning that women terrorists might hide explosives in devices “that mimic the look of a pregnant woman.”

The unclassified DHS threat assessment, released Monday and obtained by NBC News, shows photographs of “pregnancy prosthetics,” hollowed-out devices that could hold explosive devices.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I was really shocked to find that this has not been posted already. In my opinion it is a classic example of making everyone the "enemy" in the War On Terror and keeping fear alive so that the Government can come and save us all from the "evil doers" by stripping us of our Rights. Homeland Security is nothing more than a Propaganda Ministry which gives ideas to REAL Terrorist. I can not help but recall Filmmaker Nick Monahan's case. He was pulled aside for "extra security" while his pregnant wife was felt up and exposed in front of everyone at the airport. When he was finished being searched he found his wife in tears and when he questioned why he was arrested.

deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yes. The inmates are running the asylum.

And they're impatient to reveal and show-off their claws

Shame legislators and those who support legislation aren't required to demonstrate some level of intelligence, ethics and sanity before they're handed power.

Shame voters aren't required to demonstrate similar qualities before they're granted a vote.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Dock6]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yup, another scare tactic. This is surely designed to remind everyone who is in control. Now they will be able to detain, interrogate, and strip search our pregnant women. But of course it will make us safer.

And if anyone thinks this power won't be abused...

Video emerges of woman 911 caller forcefully strip searched in police custody

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If Homeland Security is trying to scare the populace into submission, they're doing a pretty good job.

"That pregnant woman down the street could be a suicide bomber. You must punch her in the stomach to make sure."

Fear fear fear...These people really have a few screws lose if they think they can "fool all the people all the time."

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

It's a democracy. You only need to fool most of the people. Or even a sizable minority and count on the remainder staying home on voting day.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

As sad as it is you and I both know that there are people who will defend this type of action. I would not be shocked to see one pop up on this thread soon enough. However when they do, they can feel free to look at the practice of searching pregnant women a little more closely.

The way the Government is making everyone a suspect is really text book and it is amazing to me how many people in this world still think it is about Jihadist and brown people half way across the globe. Worst yet the article even admits this has never happen...but it could happen! Much the same way I "could" get struck by lightening or run over by a bus when I cross the street, or choke on a peanut at a baseball game.... it COULD happen, but the chances are pretty thin at best.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Surely this should also apply to obese people too. Perhaps the TSA officials can give them a prod and a poke, make them strip to determine if it's all genuine fat and not a Semtex belly.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Thats a really good point that I never really considered. What about the obese? What about a women who are not pregnant but just overweight? I don't mean to sound offensive, but I know there have been a few times that I thought someone may be pregnant but they really were not. I know if someone felt up my wife to satisfy their curiosity about weather or not she was pregnant, TSA would certainly be taking me to one of their airport jails.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Yes i quite agree with you! It made my blood boil just thinking about my wife being harassed.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

It's a democracy. You only need to fool most of the people. Or even a sizable minority and count on the remainder staying home on voting day.

51%, except in Florida, then Jeb will change it for the win.

Who let DHS talk? I swear, every time DHS says something, it reminds me of the guy who formed it.

new topics

top topics

join