It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Right's Emerging Deadly Worldview: Kill Muslims to Purify the Earth

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
In my opinion the largest genocide to take place happened right here in america, and was committed under the guise of taming the savage heathen beast, it went on for hundreds of years and is too often overlooked. Good christian missionaries ripped families and tribes apart, the government killed and imprisoned thousands of innocent people onto worthless parcels of land acted with force to strike down any sort of resistance to this treatment.

You mean, no christians ever did anything right or kind or thoughtful or compassionate or unprejudiced or loving?
Isn't that kinda like.........statistically impossible?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Lying isn't a very Christian thing to do, is it?

First of all son,, unless you are talking to someone who actually cares about what Atheists like yourself have to say about Christians, let me make this real clear.. I DON'T

That said I will correct you in that I wasn't the one who brought up Nazism so check again in previous posts. My Grandfather who was Born handicapped as was many in germany with this particular Birth defect.

His hands attached to his elbows without forearms was Adolf Hitlers personal Mechanic until he was able to get out where he went to ireland. He had seen a lot of this mans life and had seen him one day a month he would come to the garage and My grandfather who spoke very broken english with a strong german accent was an atheist and the two of the shared many jokes about people who believed in God. Many like I see so many Atheist here .

He married an Irish lass and they came to America, he became a Christian after he met my Grandmother. They are long passed away but he was quite clear about his memory of Nazi Germany and the Atheist party. I think I speak for him when I say what YOU KNOW about hitler is BUPKIS

The problem is, Christians are notoriously bad at being the least bit christlike.

Yeah,, I'm afraid you are right there but if you don't mind,,

Ill keep trying.

- Con

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by undo

You know... Don't take this wrong, but you're seeming very, ah... frazzled. Maybe you should take a break, have a mug of cocoa, and just enjoy a good book?
Get back to me tomorrow or something.

Nice of you to suggest that but I'm completely serious. It may not make sense to you but it's actually the way it is: They don't like me and don't even know me. They don't like me because someone else they met that is my religion bothered them. So does that mean I should not like all men because a man bothered me once? Or all red heads? Bald people? People with black cars? People who like rap? People who like opera? Where's it end? And should I call for their deaths because I dont' like them? Whatdya think? Maybe it's their fault that I've went through so much hell, whatdya think?

Anyway, if we're gonna blame all of Jesus followers for what some of them do... . Don't tell me "Don't as I do, do as I say," because i'm losing my patience with that. I'll decide that part.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by undo]

Perhaps atheists dislike you because you compare them to Nazis and keep insisting they want to kill you? I don't know about you, but I don't think I would be terribly happy with someone who kept calling me Third Reich serial killer. Especially since I haven't seen anyone call for your deaths here.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Perhaps atheists dislike you because you compare them to Nazis and keep insisting they want to kill you? I don't know about you, but I don't think I would be terribly happy with someone who kept calling me Third Reich serial killer. Especially since I haven't seen anyone call for your deaths here.

not them, but the mindset that entire groups of people should just be exterminated. you don't find that hitlerian? prefer a different word? genocidal?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbabuddha
Maybe anyone that advocates the death of anyone else for a belief system in conflict with their own should be shunned. Maybe the death of any man over a belief represents a loss for all people.

i think this is very wise!

wish this logic was more prevalent on the planet but we work with what we got.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Until I read that article and looked at the rest of that site; I thought Prison Planet was the most biased site I'd ever seen
Can we all say SPIN. Lets say it again shall we SPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel dumber for having read such one sided material.

The only truth is that people need to be tolerant of each others beliefs and stop this stupid destructive name calling and hate speech.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
First of all son,, unless you are talking to someone who actually cares about what Atheists like yourself have to say about Christians, let me make this real clear.. I DON'T

First, I'm not an atheist. You're more of an atheist than I am, Mister "No god except this one".

Second, if you don't care, why do you keep posting.

That said I will correct you in that I wasn't the one who brought up Nazism so check again in previous posts.

Undo did before you, but you contributed handily shortly after. I'm fully literate, even if for some mysterious reason, I keep typing things like "hte" instead of "the."

My Grandfather who was Born handicapped as was many in germany with this particular Birth defect.

His hands attached to his elbows without forearms

Really? Phocomelia syndrome had about 6,000 cases in West Germany due to use of the drug Contergam (thalidomide, prescribed as a sedative / hypnotic and cure for morning sickness). Trouble is, this was in 1957, and were the first cases of the condition recorded in Germany. Now, I'm not calling you a liar, but it does seem very strange, especially considering he...

was Adolf Hitlers personal Mechanic until he was able to get out where he went to ireland.

I would be very interested in how a fellow with this condition could be a mechanic. What sort of machinery did he operate on? I do auto work for a living, so I've got some professional curiosity here, too.

He had seen a lot of this mans life and had seen him one day a month he would come to the garage and My grandfather who spoke very broken english with a strong german accent was an atheist and the two of the shared many jokes about people who believed in God. Many like I see so many Atheist here.

He married an Irish lass and they came to America, he became a Christian after he met my Grandmother. They are long passed away but he was quite clear about his memory of Nazi Germany and the Atheist party. I think I speak for him when I say what YOU KNOW about hitler is BUPKIS

Thank you, but I think I'll take the reams of documented information about Hitler and his party compiled by numerous people who were there, studious researchers of later generations, etc, over your grandfather.

Yeah,, I'm afraid you are right there but if you don't mind,,

Ill keep trying.

- Con

Do, or do not. There is no try.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There are many wonderful Christians, for one, there was only one being that was considered perfect.

There are none perfect on this planet.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I would, if I saw such a thing, but it seems to be a figment of your imagination.

But let me put it this way to you. Nobody needs to kill off the Christians. You people are doing well enough killing yourselves off. Maybe your book is right, and most of the Christians of the world will be killed off by the antichrist (themselves), leaving the meek (those Christians who are actually decent people who respect and follow Jesus' teachings) to come out and take up the flag of Christianity.

That'd be kind of amusing.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
WOW you really hate them don't you?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Okay, Hitler used christianity to ease his acceptance.
however, he was into the occult and blavatsky. particularly a group
who's name escapes me, that wanted to use the occult to contact other forces of life in the universe. like most world leaders, he was into having his horoscope read and most christians don't do that (there are a few but most feel the planets are just chunks of rocks in space not fortune telilng devices (personally, i think there are other races living on them).

anyway, the guy believed in astrology and evolutionary theory and was into occultism. taht he made public christian speeches, is really not my fault.

edit: theosophy
.. .still can't remember the name of the specific group though.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
WOW you really hate them don't you?

i'm sorry you had to see this stormdancer.
this, unfortunately, is how people are defined nowadays.
not by who they are, but by what they represent in stereotypology.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Oh yes. Despite my repeated explanations to the contrary. You caught me

You don't appreciate hte irony that hte "end times prophecies" that these fellows are going on about, are very accurately reflected in the way Christians treat other Christians? You don't find anything weird about the fact that, in the time undo has taken to try to convince us all that atheists are mass-murdering Nazis, several thousand Christians have probably died at the hands of other Christians?

I pity them, greatly. I hope deeply that someday, more Christians will understand what Jesus was saying, and will then mature enough to join the rest of us at the adult table instead of having a foodfight with Islam down at the kid's table.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
See what I mean? He thinks christians everywhere are having a food fight with islamics. Who knows how many of those people are actually christians! Some might even be the same belief system as him but shhhh, we are only gonna mention the christians because the news only tells us that fifty thousand times a day, and we all know what the news says is 100 percent accurate and free of prejudice.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I never said that, there are a lot of good people who are christian
But there is also a lot of bad that has been done under the guise of christianity, as well as Islam, and judiasm,

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
i have a theory. Maybe Bush isn't a christian. Maybe, he just uses the word to get support. Kinda like an Atheist who really isn't an Atheist, using the word to get support from a primarily atheist community. wouldn't that suck? And then the opposing political party would go on the air and blame atheists for what the pretend Atheist was doing to the country and the world. And never stop blaming them for thousands of years, any time the word atheist is even brought up.

What's that old saying about Goose and Gander? I guess it only applies if you aren't a christian. If you're a christian it's "Don't do as I do, do as I say." Yeah, I got it Dad. Okay? I figured it out. You win!
Where's the exit?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

No, actually I think both religions are chock full of spiritually immature people who need adult supervision, until such a point as they actually realize what it is their religion teaches. Thus the analogy of a foodfight at the kiddie table.

And again, whether a person is Christian or not is between them and their god. Unless you're telling me you automatically assume every Christian you meet is lying about it, you don't have a strong point here.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
reply to post by undo

I never said that, there are a lot of good people who are christian
But there is also a lot of bad that has been done under the guise of christianity, as well as Islam, and judiasm,

I agree. Unfortunately, all we hear about these days is the bad news. More and more and more. It can't possibly be that bad! Are we even looking in the right places? Who's brilliant idea was it to suddenly decide it was christians who were to blame for all of this?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
I also believe that christianity is the most dangerous
thing in our world.
the christian movement have killed more people
than any other religion through out history.

Is anyone...oh, here, let me turn up the volume...ANYONE...willing to back this up with numbers?
The fact is, infinitely more murders occur for purely secular reasons. Money, sex, land, revenge..pick one. name others.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Toelint]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

pick one

shhh, we can't pick one. we're too busy reading christians the riot act for the same things everyone else has always done. like i said it's the "don't do as i do, do as i say" syndrome. (not that christians haven't done the same thing but isn't it ironic that no one notices it, when they are doing it? it's like a deep trance comes over them and they lose all reason. i swear it's supernatural)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join