It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud American!!! If you don’t like it here, I here that they are eating DIRT in Haiti!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Yes, I would support Hillary or whomever takes the office. It is my duty.

So now you want more regulation? Make up your mind, you are talking in circles. This is a free market society and it is based on money. What do you want, Star Trek? This was a lesson learned and we will not get into that kind of debacle again.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You think I am ass kissing old men in our government. That is a real grown up statement. Again, what are you 12?

If you call ass kissing voting then your right, and I unconditionally support who ever is in the White House and our gov't.

You will realize all of this when you grow up and have some responsibility.

This to me proves YOUR immaturity, all you do is keep calling people kids. And I think most people here will agree.

When you run out of things to say you just call them a 12 year old. It's actually quite funny. lol

Oh by the way my avatar is about a show that deals with violence and death, with clever written plots and twists. NOT something I would recommend for a 12 year old.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

1. None of your business.
2. None of your business.
3. Always
4. Yes, yes and yes.
5. Honor, loyalty, courage, commitment, kindness, giving, helping, sympathetic

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Angry that we have no real friends are we? Clever plots and twists? Sad....

Some day you will need a real skill instead of flipping burgers.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by caddyshacker1
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

3. Always
4. Yes, yes and yes.

Funny, you don't seem to be showing a few of the characteristics you listed when addressing posters. You almost seem to enjoy verbally attacking and attempting to degrade others in your posts. Does that make you feel honorable? Is that a way you show kindness?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by _Phoenix_

Angry that we have no real friends are we? Clever plots and twists? Sad....

Some day you will need a real skill instead of flipping burgers.

And this proves my point again, trying to make fun of someone because of their avatar, how low is that.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by caddyshacker1

Well at least you stick to your word in all areas.

You see, it's not a simple thing of more or less in all areas. Some issues need less regulation and some need more regulation. We have people right here in the U.S. who are recieving sub-par wages and are homeless and starving. I think that is a bigger issue than the government worrying about which citizens are disagreeing with the government and speaking out against the government.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

There is no reason for you to reply to this person the way you have, either. I sure hope you are not in a position of authority because if you were you would get little respect.

If that person is 12 years old, they show far more maturity than you have in this entire thread.

With that said, what is your point here? Your bravado is doing you no service to convince anybody that they are not a patriot like you, the reverse is happening. We are the Patriots. We believe in preserving the true American way.

I actually feel really sorry for you. Because when you are finally affected by what is going on, and wonder why you are eating dirt, the rest of us who have prepared will be the ones you look up to then.

I am so happy for you that you put such blind faith into your patriotism.

I lost a relative on September 11th. He died because of people like you who buy any old story that the government spoon feeds you.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Then stop refering to age if you aren't going to reveal your own.

Fair enough, it is nobodies business what you do.

3. Always

That may be a bad thing depending on the reasoning behind your vote.

4. Yes, yes and yes.

The does give some explaination.

Honor is living by YOUR morals and standards regardless of what government or anyone says about them. Loyalty is being loyal to the cause, not the people that claim to be a part of it. Courage is the ability to stand up when you think something is wrong, not fight your own conscience. Commitment is deciding that the right choice for our country and people come before ourselves, not sticking it out in a foreign country where nobody can benefit from it.

Kindness is accepting peoples opinions as there own and not calling them childish when they work up the nerve to voice it. Giving can be the hope you give to the people around you that they aren't wasting their time by caring, not putting them down for seeing how to change things for the better a different way than you. Helping is when you come to terms with what this world, and what it isnt, then rather than trying to fight the bad, you promote the good.

And Sympathetic is realizing we are all americans, and even though we have our own views about what it should be or how to change it for the better, you don't put people down and insult them for opposing your view.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr.Lump

You really kind of make me ill. Maybe if your comrades are lucky you will have to dig holes for outdoor toilets soon. I can not believe that you are in the Army and behave this way. Quite disgusting.

You wanna know what is really disgusting,

that I am protecting ur freedoms, when all u wanna do is throw them up in the air for the 1st person to grab em.

Im gonna go out on a limb here, maybe im wrong. but you're a older male right? maybe in ya mid to late 20's or mid 30's right?

u may have a family, or working to get one right?

Well check this,
Im 21, I grew up in Washington, D.C. in a broken home with only my mom's at the helm tryna rear me as perfect as possible in a neighborhood few peers escaped, She did a damn good job too because im still living at 21, and making a living for myself.

I was always told to question things that dont make sense to me, or that doesnt add up. so usually when you question things, you end up researching the means behind it, which usually leads you into books and written words on the subject in question.

I own a copy of the american constitution in pocket book format, and I have read over it a couple times because i wanna make sure i am receiving clearly what the fore-fathers of this country meant and wanted for the people. and I can honestly tell you, that the constitution is being abandoned right now do in part to the patriot act.

So if you can honestly come on here and say im making you ill because I tell you I dont trust our current government, then you honestly dont know your own freedoms or what was granted to you by the constitution. and you should really read up on the things taking from Us (the American people)

Patriotism deals solely with the love and devotion to one's country, this is what I clearly have. I LOVE America, Im devoting my life to it's cause right now 24/7. But what i DONT love is this government and how it lies, tricks and attack our freedoms.

You dont even know that President JFK signed a law making the silver note legal tender, meaning anything less than a silver note is illegal IE: the current american dollar which is just a federal reserve note.

Sir, dont play battle of the minds with me. It's clear im studying chess and you're try master checkers.

America is my home, I was Born in America. and like i said before, hopfully of old age, I'll pass away here in America. Instead of telling people to leave this great country, how about telling people to build up this great country and bring it to it's ultimate possible apex, instead of giving up you're freedoms sir how bout you be a man and try and reclaim you're freedoms through arming yourself with knowledge.

bashing wont do nothing but make u madd and fall victim more easily, either way Im here protecting YOU'RE freedoms, even if you want them or not.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The first thing I have to say is to stop with the age attacks, it is a pathetic attempt to discredit. Just because some people live with their eyes open to other possible scenarios, and some dont. Doesnt make one group wiser and one still striving to find their way in gaining intelligence you feel you have acheived. Secondly if you have ever read the constitution, if you have ever read our founding fathers writings. THEY WANTED US TO QUESTION AND PAY ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING THE PEOPLE WE PUT IN POWER DO, NOT JUST BLINDLY FOLLOW!!!!! The thing you dont understand is that dissent is patriotic, questioning is patriotic, holding the people WE ELECTED accountable is patriotic. Remember the people that created this country were dissidents, the people that defined the word patriot questioned their government, and expect us to do the same.

Following your leader blindly without question is just fine, if you have a couple stomachs. I however will question my ass off, and hold the people that are supposed to do our will accountable.

Here is my proposal for you, from a person that takes my orders from the constitution. You get out of the country, you are the one that is doing the complete opposite of what this country was created for. I am staying here no matter what, this is the country of my birth, and by god I am going to defend it. Dont you dare question my patriotism, dont you dare tell me it is my duty to not question, dont you dare call for me to leave this country because I disagree with the path our elected leaders are taking this country. Dont you dare accuse me in some weak attempt at being some young person that doesnt have a clue.

You really need to step away from the TV, quit listening to Oreilly and limbaugh and study some damn history. Guess what, it can happen here, power and control isnt something tyrants dont strive for just because they are American politicians.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gunner36

If you think I was accusing you of anything and you responded then:

doth protest too much, methinks

Maybe you are defending your own previous thoughts and actions.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Lump

You are backpeddling and covering.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

I have never put anyone down, I have pointed out shameful behavior towards our gov't and country. Point is and point was, if you do not appreciate what you have, you can always move to another country to get another point of view. Maybe then you will appreciate this gov't and come home and get involved in politics instead of complaining.

It probably would not matter anyway to most complainers on here who is president, they will always think there is some conspiracy to screw them, or end the world, or NWO or 1984 type scenarios or some other lame crap.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I am not looking for your respect or anyone else's here.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything other than to respect your elected officials and appreciate what you have now.

You are prepared for what? I suppose the end of the world or some other rediculous statement. Let me tell you, if that happened there would no where for anyone to run no matter how prepared.

Yes, I put blind faith in patriotism. Mine is not to question why, mine is but to do or die.

The Sept. 11th comment is the most rediculous statement I have ever read. I am sorry for your loss and I mean that but that is why we are in a war on terror. More would have probably happened if President Bush did not take the war to them. Don't always believe what you read here. My advice is to take some information you recieve through official channels as good information and throw out alot of this trash. This world is full of really bad people that do not want us to have what we have and that is freedom.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by caddyshacker1]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Its quite difficult for me to see that things out there behind the atlantic ocean are getting better in context of human rights. I also simply cannot deceive myself to see that goverment there has no rights that until now have belong to dictators.

For years, news has been coming in from cnn, bbc, major medias of europe and even in russian media about how rights are gradually dissolving in USA, and there are even meters here that will continuously watch your rights taken away. your country even extorts other goverments into taking away the rights of their citizens.

Your president has grown in power to the point that whenever ANY president with sufficiently huge number of acceptance steps into power, he can freely use the powers normally granted for dictators only. I do not know if your next such president is good or evil, but laws alraedy give the president there an immense power never before seen on any other democracy. ever.

How can I or anybody else believe that tings are good. To believe just because of dignity, grandfathers, ego and religion? Blind faith in USA? That's ignorance, folks.

I once wanted to live in your country, but nowadays I don't even want to consider.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I am not looking for your respect or anyone else's here.

Then why ARE you here? What are you trying to prove?

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything other than to respect your elected officials and appreciate what you have now.

By respect do you mean willingly let them rob us through corruption and under the table contracts with private companies that grossly overcharge our government because they can get away with it? No, I have no respect for cheaters, liars, and low life scum. That makes up alot of our politicians these days, so I remain patriotic, I remain vigiliant, against the people that want to exploit our country and its government. That is the essence of being American, is being free enough to challenge your government whenever you suspect things are going sour.

You are prepared for what? I suppose the end of the world or some other rediculous statement. Let me tell you, if that happened there would no where for anyone to run no matter how prepared.

How about the next depression we are heading to. Alot of people are going to lose jobs, especially in the service sector where you will see a big slump in the demand for jobs. Thats bad news for people like me. Say I get laid off and then I start burning through the money I have left in savings. I can't find a job because other people got let off too. We are all competing for jobs we can't even support a family on, or much less, ourselves.

Things like hunting and knowing how to use the least amount of money and resources as possible is a beneficial thing in that situation. Knowing how to be independent and survive without a food store is a good thing to know.

Yes, I put blind faith in patriotism. Mine is not to question why, mine is but to do or die.

Blind faith will eventually always lead you face first into a brick wall. In philosophy, another way of saying blind faith is poor/bad faith.

The Sept. 11th comment is the most rediculous statement I have ever read. I am sorry for your loss and I mean that but that is why we are in a war on terror. More would have probably happened if President Bush did not take the war to them.

You aren't much for history so let me remind you we took the "war" over to them some 55+ years ago to protect our oil interests. Back when they were still running around in the desert cutting eachothers heads off, having nothing to do with us.

Before you spout such utter crap like "More attacks would have happened if we didn't take the war to them", read up about history on the region. Just read middle eastern history in the last 60 years. For the Iraq war, well:

On "Good Morning America" this morning, ABC's Chris Cuomo played for Snow a clip from "60 Minutes" in which Tenet says that the Bush administration "could never verify that there was any Iraqi authority, direction and control, complicity with al-Qaida for 9/11 or any operational act against America, period."

www.salon.com...

Well, I guess we aren't just taking the war to people that attack us anymore, but rather anyone we are told we should attack by the government. If you don't want another 9/11 happening, stop occupying the middle east. Its not american land, we have no right to be there.

And the reason there has not been another 9/11 is for a few simple reasons. 1. its easier for them to kill our troops. They are americans just like us, and they are easier to kill in the terrorists eyes. 2. It takes years for them to plan something on the scale of 9/11. Its been about 6 years since 9/11, and they took multiple years to plan 9/11. Our country isn't any safer. If you think so, you are delusional.

Tell me, how many crates do they inspect at ports? Just because airplane security is stronger means nothing. How many illegal aliens cross the border every day? We aren't safe from another terrorist attack. All it takes is 20 terrorist to pull off another 9/11.

So your idea that more would have happened is bunk because they conducted maybe 2 terrorist attacks on US soil since their conception. One in 1993, and one in 2001. Mind you, terrorist attacks are happening all the time on foreign lands, but thats nothing new. That was happening before 9/11. Before 9/11, when was the last terrorist attack on US soil? Oklahoma City Bombing. That was 5 years before 9/11. That was a homegrown terrorist. So lets not count him, since he has no ties to the terrorists we are refering to. Before him, WTC bombing in 93. Thats 8-9 years before 9/11.

So don't give us that line that this war made us safer. Al qaeda takes years to plan their terrorist attacks. These men aren't some radical militants from the middle ages, they are people out of universities being trained by terrorists who were trained by our own CIA to fight the russians. You underestimate these people greatly.

Don't always believe what you read here. My advice is to take some information you recieve through official channels as good information and throw out alot of this trash. This world is full of really bad people that do not want us to have what we have and that is freedom.

Official sources are just as bad as the sources on here except for the fact official sources base their story around events that actually may have happened. Official sources take a story...then twist it however they like. Sources on here take a story based on a story, then twist it however they like. As far as I can see, both sources aren't worth a damn thing.

Take all the sources and be extremely critical of them. Look at who they are coming from and what they have to gain from it.

You are right though, this world is full of really bad people that don't want us to have the freedom we have, and unfortunately, some of those people are working in our government. Some people in our government run under the worst of reasons, and with the worst of intentions. They are actors looking to further their own gains by manipulating the general public. If you don't think that evil people would take the opportunity to exploit or system by slipping their way in and infiltrating it, you are naive.

I don't mean terrorists, but just really bad people looking to make money off our misfortunes.

and a FYI, its ridiculous, not rediculous. That needed to be pointed out.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Wonderful, just so we understand each other. You don't have my respect.

As to your comment about being prepared? I live in a small community in Louisiana that was also greatly devastated by Katrina. Because we were not directly in New Orleans, it took longer for us here, to get any assistance. Being prepared is now a group effort by several citizens in our small community that would benefit us all, should another disaster type situation happen. We understand how the government responded to the situation and learned from it. What we learned is that we can't rely on any assitance being forthcoming in a timely fashion.

So, that is 2, count them 2 situations I have had in dealing with the government in the last few years that has taught me a lot. As far as you finding me ridiculous, that's great. If you had been through what I have you would be singing a different tune.

I asked you in a previous post if you back murderers, people who rip you off, and people that are liars. If you want ridiculous, it is in your stating you not only back them, but you support them because it's your duty!

There is nothing wrong with most people in the country, by last poll, 70% of us who do not back the President and Congress. You are in the minority. Good luck to you!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

You are constantly throwing out your weaknesses and trying to make me feel sorry for you. Is that a strategy for you in daily life?

YAWN.......You all don't amuse me anymore, I'm bored. I'll leave you all with another rant for you to think about.

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they? And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?...Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

a.. I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

b.. I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia .

c.. I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

d.. I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq and Afghanistan come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

e.. I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

f.. I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured: I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and, you guessed it, I don't care !!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button.

Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country! And may I add:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan

I have another quote that I would like to add AND.......I hope you forward all this.

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - also by Ronald Reagan

One last thought for the day:

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America, he said: "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Only four defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.
3. The British Soldier and
4. The Canadian Soldier

One died for your soul, the other 3 for your freedom.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You don't care, and personally, if it didn't effects us, I wouldn't either. On a personal level, I don't give a damn what happens to other people. But, you know who do care, the terrorists. And because they see when we abuse their brother terrorists, it motivates them. They are motivated to commit more 9/11's.

I've had this argument with people of your frame of mind before, and I respect you for what you WANT to have. UNFORTUNATELY, your means of achiving this are impossible, and some would argue, what you are striving for is impossible. You want safety. I want safety too. But you cannot garentee safety to anyone in a free society. You can try the best you can, and you can even give your life to save people, but there will always be the threat of danger from people that wish to do innocent people harm. I am all for ending them and their existance, whenever the opportunity arrises.

BUT, this is what I do know. Everytime an american bomb or tank kills an innocent iraqi person, its not "I understand, the terrorists are hiding among us, it was an accident". The sentiment is "You killed my mother" or their brother/sister/father. You blew up my home.
Everytime a tank plows through an intersection because they cannot stop, and run over somebodies car, that person doesn't think, "Its ok, I understand you can't stop because you would be a sitting duck for terrorrsts." He thinks "These americans ran over my car. Its gone. Now I must go home and tell my wife I no longer have a car to get to work. How will we survive?"

You know where these people are going to turn? Terrorists. Not because they all believe suicide is going to bring them to heaven, but because the terrorists promise them that allah and the other terrorists will take care of his family, keep them from starving, if he goes and blows himself up for allah. Religious fanatics don't make up the entire terrorist population. You know who also make up the terrorist population? The hopeless. Some guy lost his home from an american bomb, he has no where to go, nowhere to stay, he and his family starve out on the street because a war he didn't even know was going to happen since hes too poor to even have a radio. Now he has nowhere to go. That makes him hopeless. Terrorists promise him a way out, just like Hitler did to the starving germans who would take ANY form of hope to get out of the pain they were going through.

So why do I care? Because it all comes back around to bite US in the ass. Every action has an equal reaction, even if it takes time for us to see it. If you decide not to care about the action we take, you cannot complain about the reaction that results.

This war didn't start on 9/11 with the murder of our citizens, and let you remember that. 9/11 wasn't a suprise or random attack. Al qaeda wasn't something none of our government or aware people had ever heard of before 9/11. And the threat, and attacks, of islamic terrorists, have been around long before 9/11. People didn't care about what our government did for too long, and 9/11 is what happen.

FYI, the french also died for our freedom. They supported us in our revolution right from the get go. We would have never won without their material support right from the start then open support later in the war.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join