It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud American!!! If you don’t like it here, I here that they are eating DIRT in Haiti!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I for one am ashamed and insulted reading the posts of actual Americans here thinking that there is going to be Marshal Law, Gov’t Suppression of our Rights and on…and on…and on……

C’mon, let’s have some common sense here and stop the bull sheet. If you don’t like it here and want “the end of the world” or you think that the American Government or our brave Military Professionals would ever do anything to harm us, then I will personally pay for your plane ticket to Haiti where you can enjoy a nice warm bowl of DIRT!! I’ll even supply the Tabasco sauce.

You who take for granted your freedoms, the food on your plate that your Mommy cooked because you are probably living in the basement, the free press and your ability to choose anything and everything you want to do have no idea what is going in the real world. The internet is full of crap and usually people wanting money for some hair brained scheme or idea and want YOU to believe so that they can either feel important and have a flock or they want YOUR MONEY!

If you are an unhappy cubicle rat or not motivated to take charge of your life I suggest some Zoloft and take the computer and chuck it out the window. You should enjoy all that is here in the United States of America and those around you every day. Give, help others, and donate your time and money to the poor and helpless. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND GET INTO LIFE!

I will bet that most of the posters here that make some of these ridiculous statements are no more than 13 years old and are unhappy because they have to go to violin lessons or computer classes or they hate there sister and parents or they don’t wanna eat their broccoli.

The obvious has been stated here many times by many very rational people. There are 300+ million people in the USA and we all need jobs, energy, oil, food, healthcare and the like. Do you honestly think our own sons and daughters would put a gun on us for Marshal Law! You must be nuts!

Rational thinkers would say that our Government and Military were set up to protect our lives and interests around the world.

Rational thinkers would say that 99.99% of the people in the USA are busy raising families, doing their jobs, paying bills, and trying to have fun and depend on our Federal Government and Military to DO THE THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT, DANGEROUS AND IN OUR BEST INTERESTS!

The Military and Government has a rule called “Need to Know” which means unless you have a need to know then you won’t know. This is a good thing! This is why corporations have Boards of Directors, because you don’t want unqualified people making the smart, correct decisions.

Grownups are in charge and they are for a reason. They are committed to our country and don’t get paid much to do it. Those of you who take all that you have for granted should be ashamed of yourselves and start committing yourself to doing good works for the poor and downtrodden in our society. Our Government and brave men and women in our Military are busy protecting your life and liberty so why not give them a break and everyone else a break and start supporting your country.

I certainly appreciate everything I have, every meal I eat and every person I help. Like I said before, poor people in Haiti are eating dirt.

I would love to here what real Americans think of this!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
No disrespect but i didnt read your posting, just the first line so im assuming i know what you're spillin on about, but check it....

Just because you dont trust your government doesnt mean you're not a proud american. I dont believe my government but hell, Im fighting for my country in the armed forces.

So just because we may not agree with the leaders dont mean we dont have pride or we arent proud to be americans, u take ur bashing else where.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ahhh, the typical proud American...who can't even spell 'hear' correctly.

Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

I think it goes to say, that you prefer to stay blind and out of what may be happening. Perhaps if you did some research on Bush and his oil and profits, you might have a different view.

Here's the point. Money and power corrupt. If you don't want to see that, then you have closed your mind to learning anything new, which is truly sad.

"A 50 year old man who views the world the same as he did when he was 20, has just wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammed Ali

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by caddyshacker

So the germans were right to go along with Hitler?

You have to be very careful what you follow, never blindly follow your country just because you live there, we have a brain too and we can make choices and changes, we don't have to agree with our country if we believe it's doing something wrong.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think you a bit over the top, I work hard I served my country U.S. Arny.
I don't care to give any body a handout if they are able to work if they are not then I am happy to help.

all that said to not question your government from time to time is a mistake I don't agree with everyone wanting the end of the world and all of that stuff either however to just go blindly through your daily life without questioning a decision or decisions made by the government is just ludicrous, it goes against the very thing that this country was founded on and as far as our leaders being grown ups and being well qualified how does starting and running 5+ companies into the ground in your life make you qualified and grown up (George Bush?)... before you think I am against the current administration I am not I support the president and the troops hell I even support the industrial military complex but I do at times question the choices that are made and why they were made , this is all part of supporting the Grand Ole U.S.A

so do your duty and ask questions from time to time you don't have to be a doomsdayer or naesayer to do that just apply a little intellect..

and by the way talking down to people about their beliefs is also not very American that is one of the beauties of America you can believe and talk about what you want whether others like it or not if you find it insulting then that is another great part of America the ability to insert ones fingers in their ears and shout I'm not listening , I'm not listening I'm Not listening.. if you don't like what you hear however to get someone to hear your viewpoint just be civil and throw out the facts that you have at hand and get more as you need them..

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 2/11/2008 by geocom]

[edit on 2/11/2008 by geocom]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What is not healthy is attacking others who have come to find a place to share their thoughts they might have had but have been afraid to say to anyone else because they too are under the impression 99.999% of Americans have no interest in anything other than raising their families and going to work.

That is not the truth and while the beauty of having a family and the satisfaction you might have with the work you do can satisfy you-it is not human to not want to strive for ultimate truth.

America is not the same thing as its current governmental and intelligence system.

And if you think they are the same thing-and you are alright with just living a day to day existence with no questioning-then by all means-enjoy!!!

Oh and by the way-look at the citizens of other countries in this world who question their government and what is around them-were they always wrong? Were they always imagining things?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Lump

Check it out bro. This site is all about voicing opinions. I have voiced mine as you have voiced yours. You don’t need to tell me anything, especially to take it elsewhere. Maybe you need to tell your commanding officer that you don’t trust your government and we will see what he or she thinks?? Boy, I would love for you to have my back in any conflict (sarcasm).

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Mr Lump,

I would gladly have you at my back in a bad situation you can't just go through life blindly..

Cheers

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by caddyshacker
reply to post by Mr.Lump

Check it out bro. This site is all about voicing opinions. I have voiced mine as you have voiced yours. You don’t need to tell me anything, especially to take it elsewhere.

I just knew you would come back with funny comments haha.

This one right here is quite ironic. Your telling him not to tell you to take it elsewhere, but you forgot that's what your telling a lot of people here, your telling them to Geeeeet out! lol

[edit on 11-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
They may be eating mud pies, but at least their souls aren't beeing fed on.

Hahah ha h ... no?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

This typical proud American made a booboo and you are right there to point it out and judge me fairly quickly and boy, you are right about one thing, I am a Proud American.
You also judged that I prefer to stay blind and out of what is happening. Actually, I prefer to live in the real world of today and not Judge our Government.

Here is another point, it is truly sad that you have chosen to see only your point of view that all is corrupt and for money. If that is your only belief system than your world is lost and you will be cynical the rest of your life.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

That was funny!

Sorry for the one line post.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Caddyshack: Do you not read/listen to any news? Our country is in deep trouble. We have already lost too many rights. Did you know that we no longer have the right to habeas corpus? This is a move which takes us back 1,000 years to when it was first created and is the cornerstone of human rights and freedom. Did you know that anyone can be branded a terrorist, even U.S. citizens and not receive a trial but simply sent to Guantanamo or renditioned to Morocco or somewhere?
Do you not know that Bush et al lied their way into a war with Iraq?
I think you really need to do some research on what really is happening in our country. Ya know, the Germans did the same thing a few decades ago, and put their blinders firmly in place. That is how Hitler came to power. This is the price of remaining firmly naive and ignorant about one's country, when you don't ask questions of your govt or hold them accountable. And what about a govt that allows torture?

I cry when I think what has happened to our beautiful, once wondrous country. The govt has been hijacked by a bunch of loons (Repubs & Dems alike) and is doing nothing that the people actually want, such as getting us out of Iraq.
Sorry, with all due respect, I think you are the one who writes like they're 13 y.o.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'm tempted to call your bluff.....but I happen to like my home.

No I don't like the people that run this country and no I didn't pick them (even though yes I voted).

Btw anyone who would sit blindly by and not judge the people you elect (or not) is quite a "fool", else how do you know to vote for them again (or not).

It's the complacent "Citizen" like you that allows the Elite to feel relaxed in what they do....to all of us.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Caddyshack
I dont really have a say in this argument not being American, i am however a member of the Human Race living on Planet Earth,

From where i am sitting you are amongst the sheeple, if you have no clue what your Government is doing for world pece, the enviroment, the well being of your elderly ETC then you need to do a stop check of your live, you think there isn't a space in one of the workcamps for you?

Open your eyes you are protecting a NAZI government that is resposible for the deaths of millions, and that includes American citizens, if you wanna practice what you preach go and invite a few homeless people to come spend a sunday with you and have dinner followed by a nice warm bed to sleep in? or is that not your problem?

Sometimes the brain cant see the forest because the tree's are in the way.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Caddyshacker,

What is this Marshal Law that you speak of? A character from a comic book or something?

A lot of us are correctly worried about Martial Law being implemented here in the US, the Presidential orders have already been written and we have already seen it in NOLA after Katrina when ARMED MERCENARY FORCES WENT DOOR TO DOOR IN A US CITY DISARMING AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!!

It will be the vigilante and the paranoid that warn the rest when the US government finally does come for us. People like you sir, who wave the flag and tell others to eat dirt are the problem. If you do not like your freedom truly protected and think the Governmet knows whats best for you why don't YOU MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY instead of trying to make ours into just another pathetic Nanny State. I hear France is nice for your "type".

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Tinhatman]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

OMG, hitting head against wall.

If you think that we are like the Germans and will follow our President like the Germans did Hitler, then you don’t have any faith in this country. This country is more beautiful now than it ever was. Wake up and smell the roses and understand that you will be protected and you will lead a happy, peaceful life and no harm will come to you because grown ups are in charge and the difficult decisions that protect all that you have are being made behind the scenes. You do not understand just how lucky you have it compared to the rest of the world.

With all due respect, you write as if you are a 15 y/o vegan who lives in a forest world of fantasy and unicorns.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
just because people in other places in the world are starving, doesn't make our government any less corrupt. I am baffled by such logic.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

To not judge or question is to be content. To be content, you aspire for no improvement. I love my country as much as you do. I am as pariotic as the Texan who paints his house the colors of the American flag! Having love and respect for one's country does not mean you have no right to judge and ask questions. It does not mean that you can not want your country to improve or fix problems that we have. What is wrong with criticizing the government? We would not even be a free county if we had not questioned and judged those in control. I put nothing past our government. Not because I'm paranoid or totally wrapped up in consperacy theories but because I know that humans are flawed therefore humans in charge are flawed as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You sir or madame, are not worth any continued responses. I suggest you turn up Sean Hannity really loud and wait patiently for the government to come hold your hand and take care of you while you think about how independent and free you are. You are a fool.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join