It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's your favorite sounding instrument?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i like the way the violin, piano, and harmonica sound.

the acousitc guitar is nice to.

what about you guys?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm right there with you on the violin, but there's something amazing about an orchestra with all the sounds together, all doing something different, yet all contributing to make a beautiful piece of music come to life.

But in the end, I am rather fond of the sting section

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Dulcimer

Ghatam... www.youtube.com...

Sitar

Micro Korg Synthesizer

[edit on 10-2-2008 by depth om]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Electric Guitar.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I love the steel drum. Very relaxing.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Rhodes Piano. The hallmark of many great trance and electronica tracks...

Mix it up with violins and other vibrato attack and high sustain instruments, and I will float to la la land. High on music.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I love the rich sound of a French Horn although they don't seem to take the lead much but my favorite is Electric Guitar.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

I love drums. Maybe I am partial because one of my sons is a drummer, but I do love them besides that.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The haunting sounds of wind instruments, like wind flutes, ocarina, oboe, etc..., is my favorite sounding instrument.

[edit on 2008-2-10 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Everyone has picked some wonderful sounding instruments.

My personal favorites are the mandolin and the harpsichord. I just love the sound of the strings on both instruments even though they are very different.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Got to be a Clarinet for me... the range is fantastic, and the best players almost seem to bypass the instrument and stick the music right into your head.

Following Clarinet would be Sax... When I was learning music at school I could never get into reed instruments personally, always stuck to brass... Now I'm older I think I missed out there.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Either the guitar or the human voice. I'll choose guitar cause I can play it though, can't sing worth a damn.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Got to be a Clarinet for me...

That's what I took in music class at school, one of my favorite pieces was the haunting theme from MASH, "Suicide Is Painless".

It's been many years, but I could probably pick one up now and still play it.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The bass.Walking basslines, etc, an excellent bassist MAKES a band.Good guitarists are a dime a dozen.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by masonica_esoterica

I said the exact thing about bass the other day, and it happens to be my favorite instrument as well, which is the reason why i play one.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I have to disagree on your guitarist statement. Sure there are a lot of technically proficient guitarists, but there aren't that many who are creative or can write a good song.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshkwamy

I said the exact thing about bass the other day, and it happens to be my favorite instrument as well, which is the reason why i play one.

Yeah I love the stereotype that bass is "easy to play" if you want to sound like the choads on the radio, and play 3 or 5 note repetative basslines, then perhaps,but if you want to be a musician no.That would be like someone hearing a three power chord song and deciding guitar is easy to play.I play bass as well,and I play bass well.Most people that you jam with aren't used to a bassist that is all over the fretboard.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Bagpipes.

That sound gives me the goosebumps.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHypnoToad
Bagpipes.

That sound gives me the goosebumps.

Back at school I did 2 weeks work experience at RAF St. Mawgan, some guy used to use the hanger next over to practice in... First few days I was thinking how good he was ~ that thought didn't last!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I love the violin. The sound is just beautiful. I also love to hear an organ play. I would rather hear an organ over a piano any old day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join