It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocks in the air on Mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I haven't seen this before. It appears that one or two rocks are in the air. This is from the Spirit Rover nav cam the new release of 14 images.
Here is a link to the big image:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov... 00EFFAX05P1808L0M2.JPG

img98.imageshack.us...
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov... 00EFFAX05P1808L0M2.JPG

Here is my crop:

Here is the rover page:
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

I cant edit the bad links out of my post for some reason. Frustrating! One more link, I hope this works for you.

img98.imageshack.us...

[edit on 10-2-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
How do you see those two flying? I'm assuming you are referring to the two "dark" ones in the right hand side?

Since this shot is done against the light to me it just looks like the backside of two stones lying on the ground. Nothing more sorry :|

[edit on 10/2/08 by flice]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

stik, important for you to look at this Sandmarie at 1 o'clock near and above the so called top positioned floating rock. Take your time your eyes will focus on a hybrid Sandmarie a cross between a grey and tiny humanoid. This is not a joke and again focus on the two slanted eyes and you will clearly see the nose and mouth. Rik Riley

[edit on 10-2-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley

stik, important for you to look at this Sandmarie at 1 o'clock near and above the so called top positioned floating rock. Take your time your eyes will focus on a hybrid Sandmarie a cross between a grey and tiny humanoid. This is not a joke and again focus on the two slated eyes and you will clearly see the nose and mouth. Rik Riley

I see something that could be interpreted as a sheep or lambs head in profile. I see faces everywhere, on my bathroom floor, shower curtain, rocks outside, in wood grain. I need more evidence. Can you tell me more about sandmaries?

The bottom rock in particular "looks like" or "appears to be" in the air. Most likely in transit I would assume.

How long does it take for the rover to take these pictures? Is it immediate or is it a long exposure?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I don't know the shutter speed of the cameras used, but I know (based on the informations given by NASA) that between this image and this image there is a difference of 881 seconds, or 14 minutes and 41 seconds.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The photo you posted is from Spirit's NAVCAM and was taken on Sol 1436. If you look at the photos on the NASA website from Sol 1434 (2 Mars days earlier) and Sol 1440 (4 Mars days later), you can see that the rover hasn't moved and those "Dark Stones" are still there...so unless they are floating,I dont't think they are "in the air". It's more likely that they are on the ground.

By the way, I believe Spirit is parked in its winter home, hence the fact that it hasn't moved much over those 6 Mars days.

[edit on 2/10/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Stik, that should read slanted eyes. The Sandmaries, humanoid tiny hybrids that stand approximately 2 to 6 inches tall. I theorize the Sandmaries were created after the great war on Mars as to not use up the natural resources as quickly as a large race of beings. I was told by a good source that there size also could because of lack of oxygen. I believe there is much more oxygen on Mars then we have been told. Rik Riley

top topics

join