It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. man claiming to be JFK love child subject of magazine probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

B.C. man claiming to be JFK love child subject of magazine probe

www.cbc.ca

The New York tabloid cites sources who say Vanity Fair writer David Friend has been working on the story for more than a year, and had even sent a photographer to Vancouver to get shots of the man, said to be tall and bearing a striking resemblance to Kennedy.

But the Post reports that within days of Senator Ted Kennedy, JFK's youngest brother, learning about the story, it was killed.

"The story was set to run, and they gave Ted Kennedy a courtesy call, and a few days later the story was killed," a friend of the Vancouver man told the Post. "Ted must have strong-armed [Vanity Fair editor] Graydon Carter."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.canada.com
www.theglobeandmail.com
canadianpress.google.com
www.canada.com

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This story has been all the talk of Vancouver the last few days. Everyone wants to get a look at the supposed 'JFK love child'. Me included. One of the local papers claims to know the man's identity and has confirmed that Harry Benson, world-famous photographer was recently in Vancouver for Vanity Fair to take photo's of him.

A Vanity Fair spokewoman has come out and said that the story hasn't been killed, but they are waitng for proof, maybe DNA. Considering JFK's reputation with the ladies, this isn't that far-fetched.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

It is possible, he was quite a ladies man, but why now, why this time to come forward. Is there a secondary motive and does anyone know anything about this guy. Maybe hes a new hitler looking for his immediate rise to power. Always ask why. I know what he would have to gain by this. Did he just find this info out, hell maybe i'm the grandson of the queen of england.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kr0n1ck405

Why now? is a very good question and one I'd love to hear the answer to. I have a million questions (some the same as yours), but not nearly that many answers.

Some examples:

How are the Kennedy's going to react if this is true?
Is he entitled to a claim on JFK's estate if this is true?
How long has he known this?
What's the motive behind coming forward?
Why is Ted Kennedy throwing his weight around? (pun intended)
Did they contact Vanity Fair directly or did they work on a tip?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It kind of makes you wonder how many wayward children of RFK and JFK are out there.

Also why such a heavy hand by Ted? The action alone IMHO means there may be something there.

It will be very interesting to see how all of this plays out and if true does what he does about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If Vanity Fair paid me a 'courtesy call' and indicated they were going to expose my dead brother's love child, and I had the power(money) to threaten to sue them into the next dimension if the claim was false, you can bet I would make that clear. Nothing wrong with being protective of your family's reputation. Even if it isn't sterling.

If he's related, give up the cheek cells and prove it, or kill the story.

Honestly...sometimes it's not a conspiracy to silence anything but stupidity, folks.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by themillersdaughter

I believe Duzey confirmed that is possibly taking place and explains the delay.

A Vanity Fair spokewoman has come out and said that the story hasn't been killed, but they are waitng for proof, maybe DNA. Considering JFK's reputation with the ladies, this isn't that far-fetched.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
A simple Paternity test, Maury Povich style would be great.
Get the whole Kennedy clan onstage, sell it on Pay-per-view.

In all seriousness, if in fact he is JFK's son, is he an American Citizen, or Canadian.
I am sure that they will start grooming him for politics soon enough.

If they could get it figured out fast enough, and he is American, can you imagine...

Obama/Cannady* 08', that would be the 'hot' ticket...

DocMoreau

*-Cannady is what I am calling him until we know otherwise. Canada-Kennedy

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

How many? My guess would be more than one and less than a hundred. Enough to field a baseball team, in any case.

reply to post by themillersdaughter

Vanity Fair has said they will run the story when they get DNA proof. Ted throwing his weight around would be understandable if he isn't aware of the man's existence.

But (a big but), who's to say he doesn't know about him and is trying to cover it up? If I had JFK's love child, you can be darn sure I would have told the family a long time ago. Diapers are expensive and the Kennedy's have lots of money.

reply to post by DocMoreau

OMG! The Kennedy's on Maury. 'JFK, you ARE the father!'

Big props for Cannady, BTW. That's perfect.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah, you got to think that someone in the family had to have known something if it is the case. Then again, maybe there is a huge deadbeat dad, back support case lurking looking for Jack Cannady... That's millions in diapers and allowances...

Seriously though, why now? Why not years ago?
I am having a hard time tracking things without my 'post' feature, but I keeping an eye on this for more news.

DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Why now? has so many possibilities. It could be Oliver Stone's next JFK film.

*Warning: Extreme speculation ahead based on nothing but my twisted imagination*

After LBJ (who was being blackmailed by the CIA) introduced the mystery Texas woman (a CIA operative), JFK impregnated her (after all, JFK was much better looking). Then she was whisked off to a secret location by the CIA and kept under wraps until she had the baby. Then the CIA took the baby and raised him using all the MK-Ultra tricks they had learned and trained him to be a ninja assassin.

Then they sent him and mommy off to Canada to start a new life and create a background. After 20 years, Cannady gets a mysterious phone call at 20:12 (he uses military time) from a caller who says only 'I am the Alpha and the Omega and I also play the trumpet'. Cannady immediately falls into a deep sleep.

When he wakes up in the morning he feels refreshed and energized, with an irresistable urge to call David Friend at Vanity Fair and tell him that he is the secret love child of JFK.

From here the movie goes off on some Manchurian Candidate tangent, and Cannady ends up taking out Arnie after a family croquet tournament in Hyannisport in an amazing 20 minute long action sequence.

*cue spooky music*

Really, I have no idea. The speculation was kind of fun though.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The speculation was hilarious!

Do Canadian citizens born of American fathers still qualify for child support?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Precisely. Which is why it may not be a conspiracy at all. What does "heavy-handed" mean? Did he ask for proof?

The gall!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

JFK, you ARE the father.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Speaking of Arnie, I have always wondered about the Kennedy Connection there, him rolling Elephant. Governatoress Shriver put her stamp on Obama on his way through, not that it did too much.

If they tie in (rehash) some of Arnie's older Intellectual property vehicles, The croquet match could occur on a terra-formed Mars. And of course the death match would be a hard fought fight because of the serpent lifeforce inside him that he acquired when he beheaded James Earl Jones.

Honestly, these days, I believe that Cannady could easily be a Manchurian Candidate. Maybe the CIA wisked him to Canada to better position him for power, and help brng in the NAU. Then again, in the real world, it might just be a guy who wants a slice of Kennedy Pie.

They were Liquor Barons right? Anything left for poor ol Cannady?
DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My only advice, if he gets an invitiation to go for a drive with uncle Teddy or an invitation to go hunting with Dick Cheney, GO WITH DICK?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
An update:

Jack 'Cannady' contacted the Globe & Mail (major Canadian daily) to get the story out 'on his own terms'. He met with correspondent Marsha Lederman in a public place.

Jack read from a prepared statement during his meeting with the reporter.

"Vanity Fair needs help. We need JFK DNA and, barring that, DNA from any male Kennedy directly related to Joe Kennedy (JFK's father), either in the U.S. or Ireland (for a Y chromosome analysis),'' Jack read from a prepared statement.

Lederman said Jack was "well dressed, well heeled and wearing fine clothing" when they met in Vancouver, and maintained he is not coming forward with any aspirations of financial reward.

He said he even offered to sign an agreement with the Kennedy family to that effect.

"I told Vanity Fair that I would sign an agreement with the Kennedys immediately, in which I agree not to pursue any financial remuneration from the JFK estate whatsoever," Jack said.

"This isn't a story about the fairly silly, trivial 'discovery of JFK's illegitimate son,''' he stated.

He also said the information he would reveal could have a "potentially profound impact," though he wouldn't hint at what that could include.

B.C. man wants JFK's family to supply DNA sample

So, it looks like he wants to have DNA testing done, and he's trying to get the Kennedy family to supply something to match it against.

He said that security – as well as privacy – is a concern and that security staff have been hired to look after him and his family. Given the Kennedy family history, he is nervous. When asked how he reacts when told by strangers that he bears a strong resemblance to JFK, he said: “Smile. Go on. Watch over my shoulder.”

He said he is agonizing about what his outing will do to his family and others, and that he was not prepared to deal with that just yet. He said he had expected the information to come out in Vanity Fair, eventually, and was co-operating with the publication, but had thought he would have some notice, and an opportunity to prepare – both himself and those in his life. The surprise story in the New York Post last Thursday threw him for a loop, and the subsequent media attention has made him “uneasy.”

He is also concerned about “stealing the thunder” from Vanity Fair, which has been working on the story for about 18 months. “They've done a lot of work, so I'd like to respect Graydon Carter and David Friend's effort as much as I can.”

I am JFK's love child, B.C. man says

Other highlights from the articles and the local news broadcast:

- Jack is an American citizen, raised and educated in the US, and married to a Canadian.
- According to the reporter, he bears a striking resemblance to JFK and she knew who he was the minute he walked in the door.
- The reporter felt he appeared to be a wealthy man (well-dressed/groomed).
- He is neither a Democrat or Republican, doesn't want his 'mind highjacked by dogma'.

As for why now? - he isn't going to answer that yet.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Gah I did a search on JFK Illegitimate Son and nothing came up on ATS so I posted a new article (which mustve been spotted by mods, ta). Well I was just going to say that it definitely has implications if JFK has an heir raised outside the system. I'll add some tags.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Does this mean the guy gets to be King of America? That's good, because a lot of people seem to be looking for some kind of royalty to run the country, since they can't seem to get out of the Clinton and Bush families.

All hail the bastard Prince of America!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, there is a picture of him out now:

The image is from this news story:

The Man Who Says He's JFK's Son

The image is kind of lo-res, but I can clearly see a resemblance. It looks like he has a strabismus in one of his eyes just like daddy. This story may get even more interesting as things progress, like a DNA test. But, what do they compare the DNA to? Sure, they can get the DNA of the man in the article, but I'm betting that Ted or some other Kennedy would be less willing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join