It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“The inner life of the cell”: an amazing 3D animated conception from Harvard

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
DNA (wrapping and replication)

www.youtube.com...

Where the power/fuel comes from

(Also from Harvard) multimedia.mcb.harvard.edu...

The F1-F0 ATP synthase (narrated animation) [Second Row first animation sample]

From YouTube:

The F1-F0 again

youtube.com...

The Electron Transport Chain

youtube.com...

How protein structures are built/folded

Chaperone assisted protein folding, 3D animation

Protein molecules control nearly all vital functions in biological systems. However, before they can become active in cells, the individual protein segments must first be molded into a particular three-dimensional form. To do this, the proteins usually need helper molecules, which are called chaperones. These chaperones prevent molecules from folding wrongly or having elicit contact with other molecules, causing them to clump.

How the cell gets around

The Flagellum

www.youtube.com...

one more time (
)

www.youtube.com...

Tons of stuff out there. It's ALIIIIVE!!! Looks like it was designed. Intelligently even, some might add. I must be delusional. It's clearly an accidental assemblage of parts. Rather shoddy and ad-hoc. Absolutely.

PS,

Good Luck with your new academic endeavor, valhall! What are you hoping to do with your new degree/knowledge when you're done? Rocket science not challenging enough for ya?

PPS,

Obviously, being extremely smart and supremely computer savvy, I could have just done the YouTube embed thing. I just didn't want to.

~Rob

edit Fixed electron transport chain link (I can only hope) and added snarky comment.

edit 2 Tried to fix Harvard link. Out of snarky things to say atm.

edit 3 Harvard link. Again. Good grief.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Rren]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh thank you thank you, Rren...star to you! (Will you check the Harvard link, it appears to be broken.)

This is JUST what I am studying now. The DNA replication and coiling and cell division. It helps SO MUCH to see these!

KEEP 'EM COMING!!!

Actually, I have already taken a new career path and the education is to assist in furthering myself in that area. I have gone into Health, Safety and Environment. I am loving my new job, and I'm loving what I'm learning in my class! I can't wait to learn more. I never thought I could enjoy the biological sciences, but it is simply awesome to me.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Oh thank you thank you, Rren...star to you! (Will you check the Harvard link, it appears to be broken.)

Got it and the other one, too. Thanks! Somewhere in between trying to embed them and remembering that I didn't want to embed them my links got all screwy.

I never thought I could enjoy the biological sciences, but it is simply awesome to me.

I've often heard it [the study of biology] as equivalent to memorizing a dictionary. Best of luck!

If you search through YouTube you can find lots more and then follow those vids to the sites/organizations that made them. You can watch the ID video, Unlocking the Mysteries of Life, here if you've not had a chance to check that out. Some cool animations/explanations there too.

Regards.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I thought this might be worth reviving for those who had not seen the video...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join