It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all humans in one way or another "connected" at a "subconscious" level?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The reason I post that question is this.

This website, is in spanish, however if you go there and look at the pics next to the topics, they discuss the same as we do.
I am sure, that there are many other websites in other languages that follow the same suit.
So at some level do we all have the same thoughts, and make a choice as to what to believe or not?
Or are humans just naturally suspicious, and want to find a reason for life being the way it is?

www.formarse.com.ar...

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
We are naturally curious, I think it has always been like that. To search the unknown and understand it.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
We are naturally curious, I think it has always been like that. To search the unknown and understand it.

But so many people all coming to similar "conclusions" or is it that obvious?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
sure enough

back in 1972 a manifestation of this phenomena
was cited and named "100th Monkey Principle"

the idea of universal consciousness (or unconscious)
group mind, spirit, gnosis, akashic record, etc etc

is currently termed: noosphere-> for those modern thinkers
~~~~~~
...so, we're not so different ...brothers & sisters & cousins, all...asking similar questions

RETREAT/INSULATE yourself from those that exploit our '...make a choice of what to believe or not'

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

Originally posted by Oswald

But so many people all coming to similar "conclusions" or is it that obvious?

I think it IS that obvious!
well when the evidence points in one direction, its not exactly rocket science is it.
politicians lie, and governments lie,
they lie over the smallest and silliest of things let alone big secrets and or threats to national/international security, etc.
governments lie,
we know they lie,
they know that we know they lie.
simple

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by psycosrus
I think it IS that obvious!
they know that we know they lie.
simple

So why do people not do something about it? Complacency?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
On another forum before I discovered ATS I was having a discussion about souls etc and someone suggested that perhaps we just felt the need for religion and the need to search for answers to the meaning of life as a survival reflex. It gives us meaning to our lives and therefore a reason to go on with our lives and multiply etc.
Another theory could be that there is such a thing as inherited memory which could be surpressed. Perhaps our ansestors had the answers and some of them have been passed down in an untapped part of our minds? Or maybe as we are all part of the universe and made out of the same material there is just some sort of connection between us. I like to think that there is something other than just chemical reactions in the brain that give us the thirst for knowledge that we have.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Everything is connected. All human souls are part of a larger soul unit I am told. All that exists is connected on a certain level. It is the differences that create the illusion of separateness and sole existance.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
this is a pretty interesting thoery. link. they think everything is interconnected. its supposedly gaining increasing support in the scientific community.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
dunkle-s,

yeah good link, I fully agree that it is a hologram, the universe that is.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Good link, Think I read it a while back, or something similar.

I believe that all living things are connected one way or another

Pretty bland ey!

I know it has something to do with Energy, or that we are all part of a " collective Super Consiousness " ( personal jibberish theory )

Deep

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This idea of interconectedness has been discussed in the past by scientists.

There were 2 groups of monkeys on an island (true story). Both groups were given rice and sand to eat. One group worked out how to throw the mixture in the water then pick off the rice that floated.

Took them a while to work it out.

When the first group had worked it out suddenly the second did also, yet there was no connection between them.

Jung, also talks of the "collective unconscious" that we all share.

However on the mundane level, two message boards with the same topics may have nothng different apart from the same posters. Or posters in that "6 degrees of separation" from each other talking on the same topics.

I know that the same topics appear on other boards as here as people raise them, and those people got them from here first. As well topics move the other way.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Of course humans are all connected at the base level of our subconscious minds; this is readily apparent with people who can "read" minds, see through someone else's eyes, or communicate with the deceased.

It is like using the unused 6th sense.

new topics

top topics

join