It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

symbols shown in stephenville

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

looks kind of like a crude mirror image of this:

The symbols shown by the UFO in stephenville seem reminiscent of sigils kind of like those found in the necronomicon.

I thought I'd post this here instead of in aliens & UFOs because some of you into the paranormal might know more about these sigils.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What is the source of the information about the sigils?

Which witnesses claimed to see these symbols and where were the symbols?

Is there a link or reference to another article?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

I don't know if I would call them "projected symbols".

"Stationary light source blurred by camera shake" seems like a better description.

Linky

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

they were caught on video. I think the guy who got the video used a tripod in his porch.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by reject]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Virtually identical effect to the NZ UFO from the 1980s that Quentin Fogarty and many others witnessed. The colour footage of that shows the same streaking due entirely to speed of object versus speed of film.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
The symbols shown by the UFO in stephenville seem reminiscent of sigils kind of like those found in the necronomicon.

Although I think the sigils are interesting, it might help your credibility if you don't compare them to a work of fiction. In my opinion, I have to agree eaglewingz that this is all due to camera movement, and no secret message being transmitted.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon

Originally posted by reject

Although I think the sigils are interesting, it might help your credibility if you don't compare them to a work of fiction. In my opinion, I have to agree eaglewingz that this is all due to camera movement, and no secret message being transmitted.
Actually, it was described by eyewitnesses as pulsing symbols and a sky snake. this makes it impossible that this was an image artifact as it was also observed as such by naked eyes.

courtesy of earthfiles
5:30 AM Central, January 20, 2008, More Pulsing Aerial Symbols

Then seven hours later at 5:30 AM Central, on January 20, 2008, a Glen Rose resident named Joan had risen for a new day when she noticed symbols pulsing in the sky. She picked up her digital still camera and took the one image below. But she told Steve Allen that she watched the moving “sky snake” changing shapes for several minutes.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
And I can do the same effect to your eyes in a dark room with a glow stick. Heck, a lit cigarette even. The human eyes will see trailers when watching a moving light in a dark environment.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

And I can do the same effect to your eyes in a dark room with a glow stick. Heck, a lit cigarette even. The human eyes will see trailers when watching a moving light in a dark environment.
Which means it really looked that way and not just because of the camera as you said earlier.

I'm not saying it is so, but there is a possibilty it was designed & intended to be seen that way for whatever purpose...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I was more concerned with the "sigils" being compared to a work of fiction. I did miss the original reference to the person saying they saw them form that (no sound on computer), so I am wrong on that account, but it is silly to say "Heh, this looks like a reversed version of a completely made up sigil I saw in a book one day".

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
sigils aren't exclusive to the necronomicon. Just because something is mentioned or included in a literary work of fiction doesn't mean it isn't based on fact. Lovecraft may have co-opted some elements from other, more ancient, sources; like authors do all the time.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well, you wanted to say something. If you like, send it to me in a U2U. I will admit that my critique of your post was a bit harsh, and I apologize if you took offense to it. However, I still feel theories should be based on fact, not fiction.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Well, you wanted to say something. If you like, send it to me in a U2U. I will admit that my critique of your post was a bit harsh, and I apologize if you took offense to it. However, I still feel theories should be based on fact, not fiction.
no offense taken...I was having technical issues

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Quotes Regarding the Necronomicon from Lovecraft’s Letters

Now about the “terrible and forbidden books” — I am forced to say that most of them are purely imaginary. There never was any Abdul Alhazred or Necronomicon, for I invented these names myself. Robert Bloch devised the idea of Ludvig Prinn and his De Vermis Mysteriis, while the Book of Eibon is an invention of Clark Ashton Smith's. Robert E. Howard is responsible for Friedrich von Junzt and his Unaussprechlichen Kulten.... As for seriously-written books on dark, occult, and supernatural themes — in all truth they don’t amount to much. That is why it’s more fun to invent mythical works like the Necronomicon and Book of Eibon.

Lovecraft's own words. Entirely a work of fiction.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I dont think the footage is that of UFOs sending a message by drawing sigils in the sky. Its just the effect of an object moving so rapidly that it looks like a squigly line on a single video frame.

Sigils are not restricted to the necronomicon. Occult texts for both angels and demons all attribute sigils to each being. Sigils are also created and energised during chaos magick workings.

A talk by Grant Morrisson (wrote the invisibles comic etc) discussed the creation of sigils quite well. Explains how even Company Logos are sigils.

There are no strict guidlines for creating sigils and hence they can look like anything. Trying to get meaning out of them would be quite difficult. It is created for a specific purpose. It is recommended that once the sigil is charged and released to the universe that the creator must forget the purpose of the sigil, for example if he/she where to look upon it a few weeks later its purpose is not remembered.

I have not done any sigil magick so I cannot give much more then this quick summary.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by freelogic]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I took the Necro reference to mean that they were sigils that appeared to be occult in nature, and how many people are aware of the wide range of grimoires that abound? If I ask people what one is, most people have no idea, but if you say like the Necro, they get teh idea.

It would have been better to attribute them to say Dee's Angel alphabet because they seem very similar given the angles and circles on the ends, but personally, I got the impression he wasn't suggesting the Necro is real, merely that's where most people (perhaps forgetting that ATS IS the home of the weird, so there'd be a fair few who've seen real grimoire) would have heard of sigils/magick.

Does seem odd that it looks like Enochian script, or perhaps one of the 'magi' alphabet fonts on the 'net.

Sorry, its been years since I used Enochian magick, it's more like some of the angelic alphabets that aren't inherently attributed to Dee, like:

kimbasangels.com...

[edit on 8-2-2008 by ejsaunders]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Great Post, Starred and Flagged. I love that we finally have some footage from this stephensville incident. Personally I have no idea what this could be, my first thought was possibly a much larger object showing these different light signs on one surface of the ship. Which would negate that this thing actually changes shape and that its just projecting images onto the side of the ship. Great find, happy to see it was on camera and not just stills people will try to bash this best they can, at the very least if it is government opperated what are they trying to accomplish?

P.S. What kind of skys were people looking into that night? If it was cloudy or possibly foggy the vibrant light images could have been projected from the ground. Just another possible explanation hopefully we get more on this.

new topics

top topics

join