It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda seen planning attack on U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Al Qaeda seen planning attack on U.S.

www.washingtontimes.com

Senior al Qaeda leaders have diverted operatives from Iraq across the globe and are increasing preparations to strike the United States, senior intelligence officials told the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence yesterday. They said the terrorists had plans to attack the White House as recently as 2006. "Al Qaeda is improving the last key aspect of its ability to attack the U.S. — the identification, training and positioning of operatives for an attack in the homeland," said Michael McConnell, director of national intelligence, which oversees all 16 U.S. intelligence agencies.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What do you think of this article today from the Washington Times?

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Al-Qaeda will attack before the elections.

Bush will postpone the elections, and institute Martial Law and use his power to control the White House indefinitely. Bush already knows about the attack, and is probably helping to coordinate it so it happens before the elections.

I'm just speculating, but I think that has a very strong possibility of becoming a reality.
----------------------------

All the signs are there. They are gearing us up to be attacked by terrorists, so we give up even more of our rights and continue to be afraid of outside threats.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
All CIA Duh, is always, ALWAYS, planning an attack on US of A and it's citizens. This fact is more relevent with th recent furnashing of binny boys letters to top echelon leaders of the Jihadist ranks.

What can we do about it, stay vigilent, and trust in each other, because the gov/fed is a big slow giant with red tapes webbed and hindering it's ability. Indiviuals who keep on the task of knowing are that much more protected.

Confused, if so u2u me.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

I have no doubt that Bush dreams of doing just that. However, I don't think he could do it without a public revolt - and he wouldn't last long with Americans being killed in the streets because he's declared martial law. The military is just about at breaking point, and I don't think it would take that much for them to turn on him, too.

Bush is standing on shaky ground, and he's not in a position to do something like this and get away with it without serious consequences.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
serious consequences.

That will fall on the next administration to deal with, what ever shrub put his pen to, will be for the next Pres to take the blame for, at least 4 years any way.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yep, here we go with the on-cue fear-mongering, just in time for the elections. There will be a big media blitz, and the sheep will be herded to their pens yelling "hooray" as the next special-interest war-monger is sworn in.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Come on now, this is not and nor was it ever fear mongering. Seriously now, if the info was put out pre 9/11 yall would have called it the same until it occured, then the fence would be down and all would be on the same side hind sight.

Point is, Jihadist, exist. "."

Don't forget, people who have been there know, and if you havnt you dont know.

There are terror cells, inside the US, which the FBI aretracking but have their hands tied against because of rights activists.

What would you, have, announcements that may assist in forewarning or another surprise (not so surprise) attack on US of A soil, or another Pearl Harbor. In any case, people will pay the price, and the only preventive medicineis eternal vigilance.

Knowing is half the battle, covering thee arse is the rest.

They warn us, and if some thing happens, they can't have any one comeing back and saying they never told s so. We have been forewarned, so the fed arse is covered.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
All CIA Duh, is always, ALWAYS, planning an attack on US of A and it's citizens. This fact is more relevent with th recent furnashing of binny boys letters to top echelon leaders of the Jihadist ranks.

What can we do about it, stay vigilent, and trust in each other, because the gov/fed is a big slow giant with red tapes webbed and hindering it's ability. Indiviuals who keep on the task of knowing are that much more protected.

Confused, if so u2u me.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by ADVISOR]

Ministry of Defense, lol.

You're right. It's what they do to keep us strong as a people. Too bad the ten minute hate doesn't last 10 minutes sometimes with some people.

*sigh*

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is what I like to call PROPAGANDA! Nothing but. What a worthless story.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Personally, I don't want the foundation of my country destroyed to obtain some ephemeric "protection" that doesn't mean much anyway. No matter how hard they crack down, they can't guarantee that Americans won't get killed in a terrorist attack.

What they can do, however, is so fundamentally change what our country is that it's not America anymore.

I'd rather risk attacks and keep my freedom, thank you. Thomas Jefferson has a few things to say about that.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There is no way to completely safe guard from terrorist attacks. All it takes is 1 person who seems to have a normal life, become agitated to the point of some action against a group be it government, religious or social. Unless the government has the ability to be in every bodies head 24/7 you can't stop them all from accomplishing their goals.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

I agree with both you and Advisor.

I agree with Advisor that there is no doubt Jihadists intend to launch attacks in the US.

I agree with you that the threat is not worth sacrificing our Constitutional rights to prevent.

Doing so would be handing victory to the promulgators of terrorism.

[edit on 2/6/08 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb
Unless the government has the ability to be in every bodies head 24/7 you can't stop them all from accomplishing their goals.

And being in our heads 24/7 is exactly what these fascist tools of the elite are moving towards.

And how will that protect us in this phony, no end in sight, never will be, "war on terror?"

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb
Unless the government has the ability to be in every bodies head 24/7 you can't stop them all from accomplishing their goals.

And being in our heads 24/7 is exactly what these fascist tools of the elite are moving towards.

And how will that protect us in this phony, no end in sight, never will be, "war on terror?"

It makes up leaders of our own, until we're ready to move away from the need to be governed.

Courtesy of the MiniTrue. *wink*

[edit on 7-2-2008 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Here is a related news atricle I just posted before finding this thread.

Secret Talks Led to Pakistan Cease-Fire

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayman

SMOKE SCREEN! Nothing is going to happen. This is just like that stupid ass threat level, color coordinated, fashion show of terror the DHLS put on for 4 years after 9/11. Which did nothing. NOTHING. And they haven't done jack since their inception. Except spy on Americans, under the flag of security.
Bunch of lying sacks of...Arrrgh..God they piss me off with this crap.

Flagged and Starred.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by projectvxn]

top topics

join