It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Cruise McAlester Army Ammunition Plant Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The FBI, McAlester Army Ammunition Plant security,
and the McAlester Police Department were on high alert
Sept. 26, responding to an aircraft flying low over the ammunition
plant.
The pilot of a Beechcraft carrying actor Tom Cruise
apparently mistook a large cement pad lined with lights for
a landing strip. The pad is used for loading and unloading
at the plant. Witnesses say the aircraft approached the pad;
then, the pilot must have realized the mistake, so took to
the air again, headed for its intended destination,
McAlester Regional Airport.
Cruise was in Oklahoma to pay a visit to the Narconon Arrowhead facility. The
facility, located on Lake Eufaula, is a sublease of Arrowhead State Park through the
Department of Tourism. Narconon (meaning “no drugs”) is a drug rehabilitation and
drug education program that uses the teaching and technology of L. Ron Hubbard,
founder of the Church of Scientology. Narconon is a separate program, independent
of the church, but greatly supported by Scientologists around the world.
Narconon President Michael Anzalone said that Cruise visited the facility to see
Arrowhead and the expansion and to lend support.
Following a strict lock-down of the ammunition plant during which no one could
enter or leave, the FBI contacted Narconon. The pilot was sent back to speak with
them, and all issues were resolved.

Source - pg 14 pdf

The Beechwood aircraft flew low over the plant and appeared to be lowering its landing gear when it increased its altitude, said Mark Hughes, a spokesman for the plant. Some witnesses thought they saw something drop from the plane and security was called, Hughes said.

Source

I thought this was interesting to say the least. While it apparently happened back in 2001, I hadn't heard of it yet.
Who tries to land at an Army ammunition plant by accident? Witnesses claimed to have seen something drop from the plane, then they say later that nothing was found, and that witnesses must have seen the "landing gear". I find this highly suspicious. People know the difference between a falling object and landing gear. Something happened that day, and I smell Cover-up. Comments anyone?

Oh, and for your amusement:

Lulz

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have a question. I have tried quite a few times to create threads, but noone ever posts in them. Can someone tell me are they boring or what?
Just wondering.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Keep on trying

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

Well, I live in Oklahoma, not far from McAlester and I thought it was interesting. Especially since I hadn't heard about the incident either. I don't pay much attention to what the "stars" are doing. Sounds like a guy who wouldn't ask for directions and wound up getting lost at the wrong place to get lost.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

Indeed, keep on trying.

I think your best bet would be to start a thread asking the membership for advice on creating a readable thread in the "Board Business and Questions" Forum...I guarentee you'll get responses...

...please do not distract from other people's threads with these questions....

And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic..

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I recently visited the plant on business and heard of this incident from someone that was there. It is true and was an accident. From the air one landing stip looks like another.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash

Cruise was in Oklahoma to pay a visit to the Narconon Arrowhead facility. The
facility, located on Lake Eufaula, is a sublease of Arrowhead State Park through the
Department of Tourism. Narconon (meaning “no drugs”) is a drug rehabilitation and
drug education program that uses the teaching and technology of L. Ron Hubbard,
founder of the Church of Scientology. Narconon is a separate program, independent
of the church, but greatly supported by Scientologists around the world.
Narconon President Michael Anzalone said that Cruise visited the facility to see
Arrowhead and the expansion and to lend support.

??? I can't believe I've read this OP as many times as I have and completely missed this part of it (which I'm sorry is not what the thread is about)...The Church of Scientology has sublet a State park? WTF??? Isn't this some type of breach of religion and state type business?

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Valhall]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The article said it was just using the teachings. ????

It's a wonder they were not shot down.

Roper

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
I have a question. I have tried quite a few times to create threads, but noone ever posts in them. Can someone tell me are they boring or what?
Just wondering.

Your avatar rocks though.

new topics

top topics

join