It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dublin Texas UFO witness Ricky Sorrells being harassed by the Air Force. (MUST READ)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
These are two great articles about Ricky Sorrells straight from the Stephenville Empire Tribune news service. I know the lady who wrote these articles. They're a must read. These articles are very recent. I would hope that this thread gets flagged and noticed. And please post your thoughts after you read them...

www.empiretribune.com...

www.empiretribune.com...

[edit on 5-2-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Since James Fox had already alluded to this the last time he was on Larry King he should see if he can get Ricky Sorrells back on and tell this stuff on air.

Someone in the media ought to care enough about this and damn well confront the government with it!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
great post. this just goes to show how corrupt our govt. is in regards to everyday people seeing something they shouldn't have. You have to think, if sorrells was an avid ufo researcher before he saw the ufo would they still have harassed him?
I think they would have used that against him to discredit his story. It is because of the fact that he did not believe in ufos beforehand that makes his story much more credible and shows why they would need to resort to primative acts of threatening a humble farmer to not say any more about his amazing exp.

screw these guys and their black souls

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

So far all we have is Mr. Sorrell's say-so on this matter. Intriguing, but nothing you can hand your hat on, and frankly, it doesn't add up. The government has far better ways to harass people, and no reason to do so in this case.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

So far all we have is Mr. Sorrell's say-so on this matter. Intriguing, but nothing you can hand your hat on, and frankly, it doesn't add up. The government has far better ways to harass people, and no reason to do so in this case.

How does it not add up? The government knows that Ricky Sorrells has his name out there (sites like this etc.) so if they were to do any real harm to him or kill him, a lot of people would know about it and that's the last thing they'd want.

He either saw an alien space craft (which is what I think he saw) or our own super advanced aircraft technology. Either way, the government would have a very good reason to harass Ricky.

I don't follow your logic at all...

I've emailed the 301st public affairs several times as well as the chief public affairs officer who put out the last statement. I have yet to receive a reply and it's been past 2 weeks. So something is up. There's no question. What they're covering up is the real question.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
what on earth?!

do they realise that by harrasing him they are only fanning the flames?,adding creedance to his story by showing he saw something that is worthy of harrasment!?.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I called FOX news and CNN news to tell them about this. So hopefully they'll cover this in the coming days. Keep your eyes open for it!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This would tend to reinforce my feelings that what was seen was a military craft that is unknown to the public.

I would think the things that have happened to him would have silenced most people. I doubt he would be in any true danger and it was probably a weak attempt to intimidate. Now they will probably just ignore him and any questions. In a few weeks it will all be buried and forgotten.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

They may believe it makes him sound like a nut? I don't think the average person would believe the military would be harassing a farmer who posed no threat to anyone.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by welivefortheson

They may believe it makes him sound like a nut? I don't think the average person would believe the military would be harassing a farmer who posed no threat to anyone.

Not true. He's talking to many sources and the word is getting out. If all goes as planned, this will make major news soon. Just wait and keep an eye out.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here is my advice to Ricky (hopefully he will read this). Bug the phone (I can help), bug the house, put cameras (cheap ones should be good). And get the evidence regarding who is harrasing you. Get them ID'ed.

File a police report. Get your town people to support your actions, demand an explanation from the authorities - not about UFOs, about who is intimidating you and what they are doing about it. At the very least you are striking back!

Publish more on the net, and on local media, get your name out - two things will happen: you will be too public to harm, and they will get more riled up and give you evidence to go after them!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This guy obviously never read "Battles beneath the Earth", or "The Lear Statement". I believe John wrote in there something like.."If you ever see a UFO with the bright shiny lights..Dont approach it.. run like hell"[I would love to have that original quote from the doc. ]If he had done any reserch he would not have said a word to anyone. Skimask ninja wannabe guys do not play around.They love crawling around in backyards at night playing army guy. This Ricky was asking for war and he did not even know it.
If the craft was blackop they would not have been giving him problems I don't think,or flying it so much. Sounds like a ET event we have here in Texas. If I was this guy with a wife, and kids I would just shut it from here on out. Or is he too far over the line to go back??
Hopefully the exposure in the media will protect him. I would still STFU if I was him tho.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetimeHopefully the exposure in the media will protect him. I would still STFU if I was him tho.

I believe it will protect him to an extent. They won't do him major harm or kill him. If they did, it would make news all over the world.

I just contacted a lot of people. I think you'll be seeing this in the news soon. At least they showed a lot of interest in what I told them about this.

I also don't think it was a black-ops craft. Why would they fly it over his property 4 times? They just don't do stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone from here is in contact with him but, he needs to really start documenting the harrassment. Get video of planes flying low. Get cameras that hunters use which are triggered by motion detectors placed on his property. It is just going to be his word against the military until he gets proof that he is being bothered. He can even put a recorder on his phone in case other calls come in. Proof....proof....proof.

I am not suggesting that I personally don't find him believable but if he really wants to help himself and help find answers then he needs to take control of this situation. He should start making his own calls, asking his own questions and record, record, record the responses. Give the networks pictures/video/recordings to run and they just might cover this. Otherwise it's just another story from someone who says they saw something. The story will fade as quickly as it began. I wish him well. I can't believe he is having to go through this. If he saw something the military has that they didn't want anyone to see then why would they fly it in broad daylight over a populated area. The military should be court marshaling its own for stupidity in action if that is the case instead of intimidating civilians.

Peace.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

i've been searching for a way to contact him and all i have come up with is his mailing address as his phone number is unavailable. He does have a po box and a wife named dawn. maybe we could mail him something?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

i've been searching for a way to contact him and all i have come up with is his mailing address as his phone number is unavailable. He does have a po box and a wife named dawn. maybe we could mail him something?

From what I've been told, he doesn't want to be bothered by members of the general public right now. He's busy enough with his own private life and communicating with media about what he saw. Leave him alone for now and just keep an eye on the news...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
"Meanwhile, Sorrells said he and other witnesses are considering setting up a Web site to encourage people to do what they can to influence government participation in finding out about the curious, sometimes frightening, sightings.

I've heard that other countries are releasing information on what they know,” Sorrells said. “We're thinking of calling it (the site) ‘Stephenville Lights.' Too many people have seen something not to try and continue finding out about it. We want to know what it was.”

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

i hear you on that. cessation of communication has commenced.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Great articles and my thanks to the OP for starting up this thread! This is the kind of stuff we've all heard before but that it's happening right now, at this very moment -- I can only imagine what Ricky Sorrells and his family have been going through with all of this. What an ordeal!

We also have no reason not to believe that Sorrell is being harrassed by the military... no reason at all. He's telling the truth. The gov't is obviously hiding something and they also obviously want Sorrell to keep his mouth shut. Kudos to him for taking the higher road and wanting to inform the public on what's been going on down there. Hope his website is up soon so he can keep us updated on everything.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Interesting story. I hope nothing bad happens to Sorrells and his family for seeing something strange in the sky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join