It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El nina or finely tuned haarp

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Band of wicked thunderstorms just moved thru. Lightning everywhere. The kind of positive lightning hits that feel like mini earthquakes. It would seem I am not alone in thinking the weather is 'out of wack lately'. Geezus Tex, 78, and 28 tonite. No wild front winds. That is just freaky.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If HAARP is in fact effecting the current weather patterns, the Jet Stream should be passing over a point near the array. The Jet Stream currently cuts off just south of Mainland Alaska. HAARP is at least 200 miles away from the Jet Streams current turning point.

I know though, this weather is crazy. It's going to be 70 Degrees Fahrenheit where I'm at tomorrow, with the normal temperature being somewhere in the Upper 30's to Lower 40's this time of year. Meanwhile, they're having blizzards in Los Angeles, and Georgia, Florida, etc. had more snow. Really whacked out weather if you ask me.

Winter is my time of the year, so this warm weather is driving me mad. Show me the SNOW!

[edit on 2-6-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by shirty
Why on earth would anyone blame the current weather on HAARP?

Because they don't understand the atmosphere, weather or basic physics (and definitely don't know what the ionosphere is!) and refuse to listen to those that do

However, if HAARP really is responsible for us having mild, boring winters year after year after year then I want it shut down now!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
With all due respect the jet stream is highly malleable.
If you look at intelllicast national realtime weatherpatterns radar it would show for the last three weeks fronts moving in from the pacific southwest thru the nation. Bringing with it mild temperate weather. When the canadian/artic fronts click in they bring extremely unsettled atmosphere. I've just never seen a la nina phenomenon this pronounced before.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
With all due respect the jet stream is highly malleable.

Yes. It's position is determined by the development of high pressure systems in the troposphere. Which is why the thin ionosphere miles above it has no effect on the jetstream. Which in turn begs the question why anyone would think HAARP has the slightest effect on the jetstream!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Because it is all connected. What effects one effects the others. You posted a link in another thread to documents which very specificaly states this. I believe it was in the "HAARP punching holes in clouds" thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

Yes. In this thread I posted a link to one of the FOIA documents recently acquired by ATS (
) which can be read here

The documents include the following comment:

The sun controls and shapes the three major regions of geospace-the magnetosphere the ionosphere and the atmosphere. These regions, rather than being isolated, interact with one another and form a chain that connects the earth to the sun through the atmosphere and the solar terrestrial environment. Disturbances originating at the sun spread through this chain via the solar wind solar radiation. They ultimately influence our weather our climate and even our communications....

Which you interpreted as possibly meaning that by changing the ionosphere we might change the weather.

I mentioned that some people do believe that increased solar actibity may cause increased storminess (though I possibly omitted to say that there is no actual evidence that this is the case).

I do agree that long term changes in solar activity undoubtably affect our weather and climate - as demonstrated by the Maunder Minimum

However, I am unable to find any paper even suggesting that localised short term changes in the ionosphere can cause predicable, short term changes within the troposphere. I am unaware of any meteorological process by which this might be achieved using HAARP. And I note that no-one has yet even attempted to demonstrate that unusual weather in a specific part of the world coincides in a predictable manner with use of the HAARP facility.

Thus, even if the people using HAARP claimed that were using it to control the weather, there is still no evidence that this is happening, nor are we able to show how or why it is happening. Of course, those using HAARP don't make any such claims

The upshot is: many people with little or no meteorological knowledge claim HAARP can control the weather. No-one is able to explain how or why it is able to control the weather, nor demonstrate in any way that it does control the weather.

Edit: as for unusual weather occurring ion recent years. Unusual weather was also occurring 20 years. And 200 years ago. It may get reported on the news more when it happens somewhere than it might have done in the past, but extreme and unusual weather is, in fact, not unusual at all.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Essan]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Essan, I love that we can agree to disagree. I dont necessarily think they CONTROL the weather. I think that they are causing it to be OUT OF CONTROL. I think that it is possible to control the weather, yes, but I dont think they are quite there yet. I believe through years of experimentation they have screwed it up. Do I have proof? Not really I guess no. But Im going with my gut on this one. Have you read my thread about it snowing in 105 degree weather? Its that kind of stuff that I have experienced first hand that gives me my current belief system. I will credit you with having superior meteorological knowledge than I, But I know what Ive seen and the shorts Im wearing right now just doesnt seem right.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
yea, i dont know if its haarp, but there's definitely some fishy weather. the low yesterday for raleigh nc was higher than the average high for febuary!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would love to read that thread solar. Snowing in 105 deg temp. I really need to read that. My heart goes out to all those who lost everything they had in arkansas, tennessee, and kentucky. I pray for the dead.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Yeah Im smack dab in the middle of Tennessee. Damage everywhere we were very lucky this time. My thread was called "ever see it snow in summer?" it was a very sureal moment in time.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
HAARP is not too far from me. This is my 4th winter here....and we are having normal COLD weather. So HAARP isnt affecting us at all.

Anyone care to join me for a nice brisk walk outside?

[edit on 6-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Slightly off topic, its is interesing to say that HAARP is not too far from you. I am assuming you meany geographically.
For the sake of the absolute disbelievers, this would confirm it exists for one. Next thing that comes to mind is. Do you or anyone you know have any involvement with it and can you shed some light on what it does?
NB: I am not posting as a skeptic with a "prove it" statement. Just genuinely curious

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

Well, I will admit that the idea that HAARP may be inadvertently causing weather patterns to become more chaotic has crossed my mind. It's the idea it can deliberately control weather that I find impossible to believe.

However it's also difficult to quantify 'unusual weather' and determine whether it is occurring more frequently or not (and, of course, if it is many will simply point to global warming as a cause)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is not a 'I'm smarter than you smackdown'. I am truly worried for humanity in general. People's lives, livelihoods, and best interests are at stake. Russia's haarp was hooked up to chernobyl. We know how that went. I am most concerned about pseudo scientists playing the haarp on geophysical scale that may go awry.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Like I said years of experimentation with something they know little about has messed something up somewhere. Thats a good point about Russia. We are not the only ones playing god. Its like a bunch of little kids playing with matches in a pool of gasolene.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hi Green eyed leo, if it was just the alaskan site I would not be so disturbed. Much talk has been bandied about of other major arrays in south america and puerto rico. Triangulation could really make some really intense ionosphere manipulation.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Texas is like Mars without the weather.
You had to see that coming.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Hey there. I live in Alaska, so yes im speaking geographically.

With that said. I have neve stepped foot on HAARP property....but they do offer tours, according to their website.

I also have no proof it is or isnt affecting weather. I just wanted to offer the info that im near it...and our weather isnt really out of the ordinary. A tad colder then it was last year....but nothing to be wide eyed about.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Since the time you have lived there have you ever suddenly out of nowhere got real depressed or angry for no reason and then bam just like that it was gone? Ive read HAARP can screw with people in that manner.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join