It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What is Scenario 12D?" - The Lone Gunmen TV Show predict 911

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the TV show "The Lone Gunmen"? It was a spinoff of the X-Files that featured the conspiracy group that published the newsletter "The Lone Gunman"

I remember hearing about it around the time it came out but never caught it, or maybe only caught part of it but it was at least as good as some of the worst X-Files episodes (which wasn't bad at all)

Well, I picked up the complete box set today and I'm in the middle of watching the Pilot episode where Byer's father is supposed to be dead but is actually found out to be caught in the middle of a government-sanctioned wargame-turned-real-life-danger entitled "Scenario 12D"

What is Scenario 12D? In the middle of the episode, it is described as an "Domestic Airline In-Flight Terrorist Act" that turns out to be a plane headed for the World Trade Center.

Cool plot for a TV show, right, especially in our modern post-911 world? That would be true EXCEPT that this episode aired 6 MONTHS before 911...

Not exactly sure of what to make of this yet, but maybe some veteran ATSers can weigh in with their opinions, cuz that would be great - thanks for reading!

If I can find the episode online I'll link to it later - if not I might rip and post the relevant clips on youtube later if I have time

[edit on 5-2-2008 by LinkTGF]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I hate to bump this (also I don't think it's kosher to double post most of the time) but I found a clip that I think everyone will find interesting (not to mention I'm surprised that no one has replied out of the 100 views this thread has gotten)

if that doesn't work, link here >> youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't remember the show, and the link worked fine. That is frightening what those writers came up with, which only a few months later came true. I may have to find that show and watch the whole thing. Interesting to say the least. Those in the government that said using a plane as a weapon, was something they never thought of, must not have been writers huh?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Tom Clancy thought of using an airline passenger plane back in 1994. Of course he was suppose to think of imaginative things for his story. Same thing for writers of X-files. Terrorists have brains, they can think for themselves how they want to attack.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Crickey. Wow. And quite nicley shot too. Good find.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This has been brought up several times before.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thank you for this post. This is my first time seeing it, or knowing anything about it. This can NOT be just a coincidence... OMG. Has there ever been any comment from staff of TLG show as to the the timing or coincidence of this episode?

I do know that with the X-Files, it was always rumored that Chris Carter had a inside Government source that provided quite a few of the basic ideas for that series.

starred and flagged

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

I did a google search of the ats site and only found one reference in passing to it before, and I was kinda surprised because it's fairly ominous. One other website I read on the subject chalked it up to that the show was so bad and that it had such a terrible opening that it was forgettable enough and people forgot even about the 911 foreshadowing

In my opinion it's rather odd how much of that scenario hits on target (no pun intended) with the 911 story, or rather, what we now would consider an alternative to the official story.

Originally posted by yankeerose
Thank you for this post. This is my first time seeing it, or knowing anything about it. This can NOT be just a coincidence... OMG. Has there ever been any comment from staff of TLG show as to the the timing or coincidence of this episode?

I do know that with the X-Files, it was always rumored that Chris Carter had a inside Government source that provided quite a few of the basic ideas for that series.

starred and flagged

thanks for the star and flag - I too am surprised how hidden this show was and how quickly it disappeared from FOX's lineup. Definitely not the best show ever, but better than most of the tripe they served up around that time

btw, great screen name - love that song

[edit on 5-2-2008 by LinkTGF]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LinkTGF
I did a google search of the ats site and only found one reference in passing to it before, and I was kinda surprised because it's fairly ominous.

If you do a search on here you might come up with more. Its been quite a while since this has been borught up, but it has been on here a few times.

Just do a search on "lone gunman" you should find some other posts.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah, a whole lot of people were "predicting" an attack against some big American target, including the World Trade Center, way before 9/11/01. Particularly after the first time the WTC was bombed. It was a known target.

The conspiracy (if you can call it that) is what happened afterwards, when it was co-opted and used as a completely flimsy excuse to invade Afghanistan and Iraq and kill its legitimate ruler -- no matter how much of a bastard he may have been.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Yeah, a whole lot of people were "predicting" an attack against some big American target, including the World Trade Center, way before 9/11/01.

Well it was not a lot of predicting we had lots of actual warnings from domestic and foreign intell agencies about hijackings around the 9/11 timeframe.

top topics

join