It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary's healthcare plan could have power to garnish wages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hillary's healthcare plan could have power to garnish wages

news.yahoo.com

Pressed on how she would enforce her mandate, Clinton said: "I think there are a number of mechanisms" that are possible, including "going after people's wages, automatic enrollment."

She said such measures would apply only to workers who can afford health coverage but refuse to buy it, which puts undue pressure on hospitals and emergency rooms. Under her plan, she said, health care "will be affordable for everyone" because she would limit premium payments "to a low percent of your income."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Why don't we just go to work and let the government collect our paychecks and pay all of our bills for us. They could keep the left over money as payment for doing this good deed.

This is a great idea!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Digital reality I really think you are on to something there. Why not, it is so hard to pay my own bills, make sure I balance all my money etc etc. My god it would sure be nice to just be able to work and just hand my money over to big brother, or I guess in this case big sister. They can take care of me, ah thinking about it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yes, my entire goal in life is to have someone else tell what I can and cannot do with my own earned money. That's a woman for you though, LOL

I just couldn't help my self, I really do love my wife.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I love my wife also, but I think as they stepped out of the kitchen their minds just werent able to handle the big old world. Also as they get older there craziness starts increasing, which leads me to believe that hillary is most likely insane. I often tell my wife oh it is so cute how you have your "little carreer" and play the mans game everyday. She says you mean my little career that I went to school and received my phd for, that one? Lets just round them up, and put them back in the kitchens, and let the men do the work, um k.

I am totally kidding, and not really adding anything to the conversation, I am just bored as hell. When that happens I just start rolling with off the wall BS. Ladies I am sorry for above comments it doesnt represent my true belief, just yoking. I am so proud of my wife for the woman that she is and all the hard work she has put in. She is an awesome partner and a wonderful mother to my child, she has two kids our daughter and me. However I still am on the fence for the craziness, my mom is getting kookier as she gets older as well as my mother in law. So in depth studies have to be completed, but for now I am leaning towards a definite link to women and insanity.

Insanity is the only logical problem Hillary suffers from.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I love your guys wifes too
j/k

I think i'm gonna have to vote for osama . 10 years ago Clinton would have been on top of my list . But she has sold out so bad to get where she is now . I dont think she has a shred of soul left .

Lets hope that she flops on this health care issue . I haven't been sick in years
I will not pay for healthcare i dont need/want. This is like car insurance . I live in a "no fault" state. WTH if someone runs a light and broadsides me its just as much my fault? This stuff is getting out of hand.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just don't see this as a feasible answer to the problem with health care in America.

What about the people who have health care and need to actually use it after 15 years of paying and get denied because of a technicality?

Looks like they not only don't get a new hip replacement because it says they are too old to qualify or because they slipped on Mop And Glow instead of water but they will still have there wages garnished for the health insurance regardless.

What if I want to put $80 a week in a savings account to draw intrest for my healthcare needs?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The government already garnishes some of my wages- Social Security -they call it. For the past 40+ years they've been doing this to me. I hope I can get some of THAT back.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The only good thing I see of this is we would be paying for something right then and there, and not just playing numbers like Social Security and huge debt for our children.

Like it or not you get Social Security out of your paycheck. Will it be there for us?

Healthcare for corporate profits seems like it isn't working to me. A non-profit...As in break even paying fair salaries, and giving world class care. When you put adds on tv and radio, that is one less person getting care. And huge salaries for upper management. When special interest groups pay money to stop States and the Federal Government from getting lower RX wholesale prices. That is a joke.

We don't mind paying for the well being of our roads with federal money, or our military. Why not privatize all our roads and military, and get the federal government out of that too? One of George Bush's few vetos was to not insure millions of children. You know why, because they can't vote. The RX program he did for seniors (as they can vote)would of been fine with me if he had money for it. But he cut taxes.

We have great healthcare for people who can afford it. The system we have is set up to favor certain people. Why not help out a bit to even the field a litte for once.

Look I don't have really any of the answers. But when 10's of millions of people could get some preventive care early, instead of us paying for more expensive catostropic care later. That is not a first world country to me, that is middle ages. Let's give it a try.

The change might work it or it might not. But a healthier population is like good roads it is good for the country.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

I know, its almost surreal when you think about it. I love it when they save our money for us until we get old and spend it themselves. I should be charging the government interest on the loan I give them in the form of Social Security payments.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea. I've always wanted to start a career in extreme sports, now - with HillaryCare - I can afford to!

I could even get that evening 'stuntman' position that's opened up.

And on the weekends? Demolition derby and motorcycle jumping for distance!

Not sure that I like the government doing idiot things like this, but I'm willing to ride the wave; I'm going to go out and buy a big expensive house with a great view that I can't afford so the government can pay off my loan when I default and I'm sure that at some point they'll figure out that it's wrong to take away a person's car when the lease is up, and the leasing company should just give that Bentley Continental GT to me.

Now ... if I could only figure out a way for the government to subsidize my nudie bar expenses. I am helping put young mothers through community college a dollar at a time, right?

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The only way that idea could be a good thing is if I finally needed to go to the doctor I would not spend a penny there. If that is not the case there is no use in her idea. I pay for all kinds of insurance that I do not use now, really I hope I never have to either.

If people would stop going to the doctor and using their insurance every time they feel the slightest hint of a cold insurance would be cheaper. If those without insurance did not use emergency care when they get a cold and not paying the bill health care would be cheaper. The health care system is like any other someone is going to pay the costs for everyone one way or another.

I just wonder how long the next president will live before “they” take them out and use them as their next agenda.

Let’s hope Hillary does not make it into office. Though if she did I wonder who would get the “stain” on their clothes.

Raist

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The difference between Hillary Clinton's and Obama's plans for health care is that Obama wouldn't require everyone to have health insurance. He's not as clear about exactly what he would do as she is, but it would involve some sort of subsidies for people who want insurance but can't afford it. While under Clinton's plan there would be pressure on insurance companies to make their premiums more affordable, there are still people who work full-time and can't afford rent and food, much less health insurance, even at a low percentage of their inadequate wages. I haven't heard either candidate mention whether their plan would cover the cost of medicine, but that would be an important factor in considering any sort of national health care too.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Sestias]

top topics

join