It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another undersea Internet cable damaged in Mideast: Indian firm

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Another undersea Internet cable damaged in Mideast: Indian firm

malaysia.news.yahoo.com

NEW DELHI (AFP) - - Another Middle East undersea Internet cable has been damaged, adding to disruption in Indian online services caused when several lines were cut earlier this week, a cable operating firm said Saturday.

The Falcon cable was cut 56 kilometres (35 miles) from Dubai, between Oman and the United Arab Emirates, according to its owner FLAG Telecom, part of India's Reliance Communications.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com
www.internettrafficreport.com - Asia Internet Packet Report
www.internettrafficreport.com - Iran (Tehran) router1.iust.ac.ir

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Undersea Cables Cut: Oops or Uh-oh?

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Xabora]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is the 4th cable in the past few days; very strange that 4 undersea fiber cables have now been cut.

malaysia.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmm I wonder who is doing this??

I'mm guessing you would need at least a remote submersible of some sort, and the knowledge of where the cables were.

This is starting to raise some hairs on the back of my neck.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Pretty much every major government has super soldier units trained to do these types of things. But that's the problem, there's just no telling who is looking for what outcome or reaction.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Going to cross post this from the other thread I put it in:

I think I found something of interest.

Wiki - Iranian_Oil_Bourse
The Proposed Iranian Oil Bourse - 2006

Iran oil bourse scheduled - 2008

EB reader BB writes:
Iran was scheduled to inaugurate its Oil Bourse this coming week.

That probably isn't going to happen because all internet access in Iran was cut over the weekend (the undersea cables were chopped). This was mentioned on Wikipedia for a day... but now the article links and coverage have disappeared.

Iran is in total internet blackout at the moment. Any further information is appreciated.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This story is getting interesting: weather conditions huh? We'll see in a few days i guess.
I don't get the big picture nor a "guess" yet but if that's sabotage there will be some excitment within this region of the globe for certain.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peace Frog
Pretty much every major government has super soldier units trained to do these types of things. But that's the problem, there's just no telling who is looking for what outcome or reaction.

maybe so, but look at it like this
the US is the ONLY one of them trying
to control it's content

that alone gives motive to the US gubment

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Falcon cable was cut 56 kilometres (35 miles) from Dubai

I am reasonably sure this 4th cut is the same cut that has already been reported.

Second cable cut
================
Jan 30 (Wed) SEA-ME-WE4 cable thought to lie alongside FLAG cable was also split;
56km from Dubai.
(same BBC link as first cable above)

I posted about it on the other thread.

Oops, nope. Maybe I'm wrong. It says one is falcon, the other is SEA-ME-WE4. Both 56 km of Dubai, and the cuts are a couple days apart?

Ok, I'm confused.

[edit on 2/3/08 by makeitso]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Bush's doing it, lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow, someones intentionally doing this...

makes you wonder about this report:

www.globalresearch.ca...

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system".

and this, well its by scorcha...

but... someones cutting the cables.. I dont nessecarily believe its the Americans, but.. they seem to bte the only oens of late trying to messup the ME

Reports circulating in the Kremlin today are painting a grim picture of just how desperate US War Leaders have become as their economy continues its freefall towards total bankruptcy by their crashing of Global Internet access for the Middle East’s banking centers in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Iran, UAR, Turkey and Kuwait.

These reports state that the Americans became ‘enraged’ this past week when the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) rejected US demands for an immediate increase in oil production.

Further angering the Americans this past week was Turkey’s rejection of US demands for them to sever banking ties with Iran's Bank Mellat, and which allows Iranian continued access to Global banking resources.

But, these reports state, the greatest fears of the United States were raised this past week when Saudi Arabia ‘warned’ the United States to ‘back off’ of its threats against Iran or face the Saudi’s decoupling the US Dollar from its enormous World oil trade transactions.

Though the American President pictured top left with Saudi King personally went to the Saudi Kingdom to lobby the US’s Middle East allies in agreeing for attacks against Iran for the Iranians decoupling of the US Dollar from its oil trade, Bush was quickly rebuffed.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

2/3/08:
The Falcon cable was cut 56 kilometres (35 miles) from Dubai, between Oman and the United Arab Emirates, according to its owner FLAG Telecom, part of India's Reliance Communications.
Source

Isn't this the same one that was cut/damaged a few days ago?

2/1/08:
Officials said Friday it was unclear what caused the damage to FLAG's FALCON cable about 50 kilometers off Dubai. A repair ship was en route, FLAG said.
Source

Yeah, the "Falcon" line was already reported cut...

"SeaMeWe-4" and "FLAG Europe-Asia" were cut on Wednesday Source

I only see 3 cut lines.

These reports state that the Americans became ‘enraged’ this past week when the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) rejected US demands for an immediate increase in oil production.

What's the source on this? In my opinion, it's in America's interest to keep oil production LOW as possible at this point. Less oil means that the dollar will be valued more - this would help stave off inflation from our falling interest rates.

I also don't understand why we'd be butting heads with Saudi Arabia ...

[edit on 2/3/08 by Angry Danish]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays

maybe so, but look at it like this
the US is the ONLY one of them trying
to control it's content

Internet censorship will happen in the U.S. but done by private organasations. That has been usually my exsperence, there are some exceptions. It is not done to the internet as a whole but to individaul computers on a network. The real internet censorship is done in China.

Internet censorship in the People's Republic of China is conducted under a wide variety of laws and administrative regulations. In accordance with these laws, more than sixty Internet regulations have been made by the People's Republic of China (PRC) government, and censorship systems are vigorously implemented by provincial branches of state-owned ISPs, business companies, and organizations.
sorce

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
could be a precursor to an invasion of iran...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Hmmmmmmmm I wonder who is doing this??

My first thought was Godzilla

On a serious note, I wonder if this could be related to an unknown or known sea creature, like what ever made the Bloop.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheyrshad
could be a precursor to an invasion of iran...

I cant see them having access to great satellite footage...........unless from CNN after the event..

But as an Aussie...... i am a born skeptic

Mungo

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

On a serious note, I wonder if this could be related to an unknown or known sea creature, like what ever made the Bloop.

yeah, cthulhu did it...

the bloop was in the middle pacific ocean, Dubai closest to the indian ocean

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Just the other day, I was reading an article from a scientist apparently in the know of out of this world exotic propulsion theory and near the end of his paper he stated what, at the time, I had thought peculiar..

He indicated he wanted to visit Egypt as he has never been there. His urgency to make the rtrip was based on his supposed knowledge that very soon an event will happen in Egypt that will no longer make it possible to visit. I will have to re surf to find that article. When I find it, I'll post the link.

Seems to me the cutting of the cables may involve a submersible since Egypt is reporting no surface vessels in the area of the latest severed fibre optic line. No matter what way you slice-it, four undersea cables cut in in less than a few weeks in the same area can only be deliberate.

But why? What reason could there be for interrupting communications?
As others have suggested Sabotage or an upcoming event? Extortion?

I'd like to see details of the cable breaks such geographic locations & cable direction, water depths!!, as well as visuals of the breaks in all.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

Dallas,

Waiting anxiously for the link.

Thanks,
M

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

sounds very interesting , if you could find the link you speak of I would be very gratefull

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yeah, this is becoming very interesting. With all the technology the US has, they are going deep in the ocean to cut cables? Maybe some other countries could benefit by the US in a war. Maybe some other country is doing this to make it look like the US is doing this. What was that movie, The SUM of All Fears, "you dont fight the US and Russia, you get the US and Russia to fight each other!" Russia should have the ability to do this, didnt they recover one of their nuclear subs in the Barents Sea, the Kursk?

Who knows?

Just my 2¢

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join