It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete Cover-up of Ron Paul!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Dr. Paul is attacked by the ATS brain trust for his 'loony' economic policies. This despite the fact that he was emphasizing the seriousness of our economy MONTHS before the other candidates (and for that matter the administration) paid it any heed at all.

Here's a little gem from a recent interview with Jim Rogers. He's the investment guru who predicted both the current recession as well as the commodities surge in China. Although the RP assassins will never see it the rest of you should recognize alot of this from Ron Pauls speeches, debates (the 3 or 4 min he typically gets) and interviews. Loony. Yea right. Who's really wearing the tin hats I wonder.

"I'm extremely worried," he says. "I have been for a while, but I just see things getting much worse this time around than I expected." To Rogers, a longtime Fed critic, Bernanke's decision to ride to the market's rescue with a 75-basis-point cut in the Fed's benchmark rate only a week before its scheduled meeting (at which time they cut it another 50 basis points) is the latest sign that the central bank isn't willing to provide the fiscal discipline that he thinks the economy desperately needs.

"Conceivably we could have just had recession, hard times, sliding dollar, inflation, etc., but I'm afraid it's going to be much worse," he says. "Bernanke is printing huge amounts of money. He's out of control and the Fed is out of control. We are probably going to have one of the worst recessions we've had since the Second World War. It's not a good scene."

Rogers looks at the Fed's willingness to add liquidity to an already inflationary environment and sees the history of the 1970s repeating itself. Does that mean stagflation? "It is a real danger and, in fact, a probability."

link

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Dr. Paul is attacked by the ATS brain trust for his 'loony' economic policies. This despite the fact that he was emphasizing the seriousness of our economy MONTHS before the other candidates (and for that matter the administration) paid it any heed at all.

Here's a little gem from a recent interview with Jim Rogers. He's the investment guru who predicted both the current recession as well as the commodities surge in China. Although the RP assassins will never see it the rest of you should recognize alot of this from Ron Pauls speeches, debates (the 3 or 4 min he typically gets) and interviews. Loony. Yea right. Who's really wearing the tin hats I wonder.

"I'm extremely worried," he says. "I have been for a while, but I just see things getting much worse this time around than I expected." To Rogers, a longtime Fed critic, Bernanke's decision to ride to the market's rescue with a 75-basis-point cut in the Fed's benchmark rate only a week before its scheduled meeting (at which time they cut it another 50 basis points) is the latest sign that the central bank isn't willing to provide the fiscal discipline that he thinks the economy desperately needs.

"Conceivably we could have just had recession, hard times, sliding dollar, inflation, etc., but I'm afraid it's going to be much worse," he says. "Bernanke is printing huge amounts of money. He's out of control and the Fed is out of control. We are probably going to have one of the worst recessions we've had since the Second World War. It's not a good scene."

Rogers looks at the Fed's willingness to add liquidity to an already inflationary environment and sees the history of the 1970s repeating itself. Does that mean stagflation? "It is a real danger and, in fact, a probability."

link

Amen.

Its facts like this that show, he is above the rest, not a puppet. He has no strings to hold him down.

For everyone who thinks Paul is childish and crazy and has no clue on what he's discussing nor any credible policies , you need a hot cup of wake the f' up.

Here's Paul on Mad Money back in December.

I like that clip because it brings up the question on why the Fed has no checks and balance.

Before we overhaul Social Security, and taxes, maybe the Fed should be investigated, and have checks and balance.

Just one main strong point behind Paul's campaign, and a true one.

To the poster, who said Paul was a joke in South Carolina.

For shame Sir, for shame.

The joke in South Carolina, was the bogus questions that were asked to Paul.

Questioning him on why he's not electable is a shameful question that does not give America a greater understanding of his policies, just makes them question.

The Focus Group by Fox was a joke.

Oh yeah, and they gave the night to Thompson for that debate, that was a joke.

Semp, go back and look at your facts, before you come here bashing an
Pro American based upon his appearance during the South Carolina debate. That was the first debate he took part in, after being uninvited for the previous one.

In that debate, the other candidates mocked him, the moderators mocked him, Fox News mocked him, the focus group who were reading predetermined script mocked him, and the audience mocked him.

He's still here, despite Thompson, the winner of that night, being back in Hollywood.

Look at whose supposed to defend the Constitution, the President.

Do you want another President who views the Constitution as a piece of paper, and nothing more, despite an oath?

[edit on 3-2-2008 by squidboy]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

...if your poll numbers directly correlate into your debate time, which in turn produces votes, then unregulated private companies are determining your choices up to the final two. They are determining who get's to speak and in effect who gets votes. You're telling me we should determine who's ideas are valid with focus groups. Have you seen what's on TV lately? They use focus groups for everything. Running the presidential race like that is a new concept, and one I don't agree with at all.

And your 2008 presidential candidates based on the knee-jerk reactions of 20 people are...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by captainplanet

Thank god there's some people who can see what's really going on. Well said captainplanet.

Nice find squidboy, I wonder what semper is going to come up with this time.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005

You son, obviously have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Ron Paul or politics. You assume that Ron Paul is only favored by 10% of Americans.

I have yet to see a scientific poll that has Ron polling higher then ten percent . Straw polls , txt polls e.t.c are not an accurate guide to public opinion. No one who polls in the range of ten percent range has any chance what so ever of being elected president .

If you want Ron Paul to be a real player on the US political scene I suggest to start supporting Mixed Member Proportional. Now the US adopting MMP would be a revolution !

or his policies, then you my friend are Un American.

First Americans and Non Americans were accused of being anti American for not supporting the invasion of Iraq and now people don't support Ron are Un American .

When is this crap going to stop ?

[edit on 3-2-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Now wait a minute here...

Either you RP supporters are upset that you did not get enough time in the debate, or the debates are rigged and of no consequence anyway..

Would you all please just make up your mind which way you want it?

All this flip flopping is making the rest of us dizzy...

Are the debates important to you in regards to the time you did or did not get? Or are they irrelevant and if so, why are you arguing about them?

Please some clarity here, your really confusing everyone else..

Semper

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vegno

Nice find squidboy, I wonder what semper is going to come up with this time.

Were you all there?

I was.

In Myrtle Beach remember? My home town now...

So what do I need to "come up" with now? You are relying on youtube to substantiate what happened there and arguing with someone that was there..

Come on now!!! You have to "come up with" something better then that...

Again, I point to all of your statements...

"Either agree with us, or you are wrong!"

Adolph would be proud...

As for his still being there.. Well there is no restrictions as to how long they may continue after it is well established they have no chance. It is embarrassing to watch, but so was his debate so apparently he is not bothered by being foolish in the public eye.

Again the facts are:

He stands NO chance of being President. 0, Zip, Nada, nothing.. I thank the Lord for that...I'm beginning to think Hillary would be a better choice than Paul after all. I know Obama is and I'm a Republican..

Semper

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

So we are now labeled as Un-American for not supporting Ron Paul...

Interesting correlation here...

In the 1930's and 40's, if one lived in Germany and did not support the Nazi's, one was branded as being unpatriotic and could be imprisoned...

In the former USSR, one had to be a member of the Communist Party to receive promotions and even food at times...

Now if we are not supporters of RP, we are now Un-American...

Gee Yall' even a stupid southernaar lik me can see where thats a headin..

Semper

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I think you miss-understand why people support Ron Paul. They hold their political ideals above being on the winning team. The only real polls are the elections. Win or lose, his numbers in those polls can influence which future directions parties should take to win that demographic. The republicans will not win with Romney or McCain and most Paul supporters don't like them anyway, so there is no practical reason not to vote for Ron Paul if you agree with him.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry if I don't fit into the box you've created in your mind for people who agree with Ron Paul.

Are the debates important to you in regards to the time you did or did not get? Or are they irrelevant and if so, why are you arguing about them?

I'll choose A.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You are relying on youtube

Your not paying attention again, I never quoted or cited youtube.

"Either agree with us, or you are wrong!"

Can you get that out of your head? Pay attention to what I am writing. I never forced you to believe in anything. If I think your reasoning is wrong I will tell you so. That doesn't mean I am forcing my beliefs onto you. I am entitled to my opinion.

Adolph would be proud...

Your obsession with Hitler and Nazis worries me to be honest. If anything, anyone who supports Ron Paul (or notices something that relates to him negatively) becomes a Nazi in your eyes. At least that's what its looking like.

All this flip flopping is making the rest of us dizzy...

Go tell that to Mitt.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Your missed my point completely .
I am not saying that people shouldn't vote for Paul because he has no chance of being elected nor am I saying that people who support Ron shouldn't vote for him . I was dealing with the unsubstantiated claim that Ron has far more support then is reflected in the polls.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vegno

Oh really?

The proof is there, you are so suckered in that you wouldn't see it if it were right under your nose.

Your quote... Believe my way or your wrong...

Thank god there's some people who can see what's really going on

Again, your quote referencing that we don't know what is going on. Again, you apparently do.. "Believe like us or you are wrong""

Your obsession with Hitler and Nazis worries me to be honest

Not my words... Just pointing out the obvious...Like here.

Really - much of what the media does should be illegal

From a RP supporter on this thread that apparently has no regard for the 1st Amendment...

they should be exposed and jailed indefinitely.

Again from a RP supporter.. What would you call this? I call it Fascism.

Oh it just gets better and better..

We cannot allow this to continue - they must be exposed and destroyed.

Destroyed huh? Interesting supporters you have there RP...

Or Maybe the national intelligence levels of our population is lower then we think.

Of course we are all stupid, because.... You guess it, we don't agree with you all...

If you think different, your full of bull#.

Not allowed our own opinions.. hmmmmmmm

Unfortunately 90 percent of America lack the smarts and go on to believe anything the TV, the newspaper, the radio babble about.

And you wonder why no one supports you.

I'm surrounded by assholes

And you all think we are stupid. At least we have not resorted to this kind of language...

IMO what they are doing is not very American to me.

The first "You are un-American if you don't believe like I do" comment.

He appeals to those of us who actually know how to use our brains to think for ourselves without having to be tv-fed sheep.

Again, how smart is it to call all of us who have the power to vote stupid?

then you my friend are Un American.

And there it is my friend.... Fascism in action... Believe as I do, or you are un-American...

No real need to go on...

Those are all REAL quotes from REAL supporters of RP, some are yours my friend..

They are all radical, some are Fascist, some are ridiculous, all are indicative of why RP has less than 10%...

Not my opinion, no supposition, just all of you supporters own words. remember also those quotes are just from this thread, there are MANY MANY more in other threads even more heinous..

Thanks for clearing it up though for anyone on the fence. I'll just direct them to this thread.

Semper

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I think the point is more about the inaccuracy in polls due to lack of exposure, and their inflated importance. The fact that they use polls to silence and belittle presidential candidates, influencing elections. I don't try to figure out how many people actually support him, because it holds no bearing in my decision making.

semper, stop baiting people with gross generalizations, dramatic comparisons, and belittlement so you can cut them up when they get mad. It's not that clever.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I know the mindset your up against because I en counted the same brick wall when I first joined ATS and I pointed out that the handling of post Saddam Iraq had been botched . It was a year or two before I wasn't accused of being anti American . When those accusations stopped I knew that I had proven right .

Ron Paul supporters either bury there heads in the sand or see only what they want to see. It all has as an awful familiarity about it.

Originally posted by captainplanet
I think the point is more about the inaccuracy in polls due to lack of exposure,

. Scientific polls provide a reasonable gauge of public opinion most of the time. They wouldn't be 20 - 30% points out of whack. I understand that a candidate like Richards would have a better chance at polling better if he wasn't excluded from debates. But the member in question said nothing like that instead he/she accused Madness of not knowing anything.

There is a logic problem with some of Paul supporters claims . His supporters claim that the media is ignoring him and that he has more support then the polls reflect .

Well if Ron had more support then the polls reflect he would have won a primary or two by now. The claims that Ron hasn't done better because the media has ignored at least makes enough sense to be investigated .

The fact that they use polls to silence and belittle presidential candidates, influencing elections.

Being realistic about a candidates chances isnt looking your nose down at them.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You really don't get it do you? Here, let me show you how ridiculous you sound.

They are all radical, some are Fascist, some are ridiculous

"Believe what the majority does or you are wrong"

And there it is my friend.... Fascism in action...

According to who? You?

REGARDLESS.. FACT... less than 15% total every time.. FACT He only got double digits in Nevada .. PERIOD.

REGARDLESS... FACT..RP VOTES WERE NOT COUNTED.. PERIOD

if I don't believe your made up notions, I am not paying attention... HOGWASH..

Got some Nazi action going here. Again, Whatever fact you don't like becomes notions.

I have not seen him perform even on the same level as the other candidates. At that debate or any other.

Allegations, hyperbole and opinions. In other words assumptions...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Vegno can you provide a source to back up your claim that Paul votes weren't counted ?

It always pays to use your head rather then your heart when it comes to such matters. Clearly if someone doesn't support Ron statement about the motivation behind 9-11 then there not going to think that Ron did very well in that debate or debates.

Nor does it ever hurt to take a step back from the keyboard rather then let differences in opinion get to you.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Vegno can you provide a source to back up your claim that Paul votes weren't counted ?

www.truthnews.us...

www.dailypaul.com...

I am using my head, and not just relying on the TV news to base my decision on. I remember the Sutton story written in a local newspaper article, can't seem to find it.

Different opinions don't get to me. I just like to voice my concerns when people like to call others Nazis so indiscriminately.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by vegno]

[edit on 3-2-2008 by vegno]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Those polls have no official capacity in the election process, they are an invention of the media to make their news more credible. Focus groups are what corporations use to gauge their products. It's a good way for them to improve their products by continually eliminating undesirable ideas and putting in popular ones. Debates, while they are corporate products, should be used to debate ideas, not promote the popular ones. Almost every great idea is undesirable when it's first heard, because it usually takes into account overlooked perspectives. If you don't allow unusual ideas to be debated fully, they will be misunderstood by less interested people. If you use polls to determine airtime, you are, even if unintentionally, denying unusual ideas to be fully presented.

Unusual ideas, throughout history, are the most influential agents of change and it‘s dangerous to not let them be fully expressed in a political debate. This country would not be great without unusual ideas, and not letting political opponents fully debate is how every dictatorship runs.

I don't care who is presenting what case in the presidential race, as long as they are given equal opportunity to do so.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

call others Nazis so indiscriminately

How is it indiscriminate?

I clearly posted comments, straight from Paul supporters, that fit the catagory of Nazi just fine...

NAZI:
2. (often lowercase) a person elsewhere who holds similar views.
3. Sometimes Offensive. (often lowercase) a person who is fanatically dedicated to or seeks to control a specified activity, practice, etc.: a jazz nazi who disdains other forms of music; tobacco nazis trying to ban smoking.

Online Dictionary

As anyone reading this can clearly see, the comments I posted, taken directly from RP supporters, "SEEK TO CONTROL", there is no doubt they are "FANATICALLY dedicated"..

FASCISM:
3. a person who is dictatorial or has extreme right-wing views.

Online Dictionary

Well as we are told that either we believe as Paul supporters do or we are un-American, TV Fed Sheep, Lacking Smarts ETC, that definition fits nicely..

There you go...

FACTS

The quotes I posted are direct and all from Paul supporters...

They all fit those two definitions..

Even a lowly Non Ron Paul Supporter can see this....

All of which I will most definitely make sure read this post.

Where as before I figured him a non entity and not really worthy of anyones serious time, I now see the horrible insidiousness of his supporters. It is time for ALL of America to wake up and speak out against this campaign of fascism now exposed for what it is. Ron Paul Supporters are out to tell all of America what and how to think and condemn all who do not think as they do...

We as free Americans will not stand for this, and everyone will know before the end, the incredible damaging and dangerous support that Paul attracts..

See?

We can do it too..

Semper

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join