It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Aircraft in Youtube Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Youtube Video

I can't seem to identify the aircraft at 4:12-4:43. To me it looks like a cross between an Su-27 and F-22.

Now it looks very photo-realistic, but could be CGI, and if it is in fact CGI, it is very good CGI and props to who created the image.

The color scheme is strange as well.

Shattered OUT...

(MOD EDIT to correct spelling error in title)

[edit on 1/30/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
4:45 is the Dassault Rafale (English: Squall)
The one before it is defiantly CGI and modeled after the Raptor. Someone's interpretation of the PAK-FA most likely.

Here is the screen shot for those who wish to weigh in and not be bothered to wait for the link to load. (guilty lol)

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, AC4 was released shortly before the F22 was through with trials. Oh yes, it was announced, but only in Pentagon approved press releases. In other words- we only saw what they wanted us to see. I am sure that liberties were taken in creating the "hybrid" we are seeing here.
The Raptor is one bada$$ ship though, and in this image it's performing it's signature "tail stand".
Wicked cool.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
If I'm not mistaken, AC4 was released shortly before the F22 was through with trials. Oh yes, it was announced, but only in Pentagon approved press releases. In other words- we only saw what they wanted us to see.

AC4 was released on October 23, 2001. At this point the F-22 production version had already flown (1997) and its also of note the cover of the game featured the F-22 and the image is that of a correct production F-22. Anyways there is nothing to say this CGI image wasn't from somewhere else since the video is made up of CGI from the game Other artist CGI and also actual photographs.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'll buy that Canada_EH. I've seen your posts on aircraft and I know you've done your homework.
One thing I thought of: How long does it take to actually conceive, develop, and distribute the game? This was on the PS2 platform, I believe. I remember playing it in 2001, but I didn't know we were actually flying the F22 at that time in any quantity. I know that it takes literally years to produce combat aircraft, so I was just postulating that maybe the Raptor was the new "big thing" at that particular point in video game history?
Great catch nonetheless- thanks for the info as usual!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
it looks like a cross between an F22 and something else. it could be the new F23 thats in the works. but i would think that all info on that would still be classified. maybe its something new?

Originally posted by cbianchi513
If I'm not mistaken, AC4 was released shortly before the F22 was through with trials. Oh yes, it was announced, but only in Pentagon approved press releases. In other words- we only saw what they wanted us to see. I am sure that liberties were taken in creating the "hybrid" we are seeing here.
The Raptor is one bada$$ ship though, and in this image it's performing it's signature "tail stand".
Wicked cool.

lol your post reminded me about when i was watching the history of Skunk works on the history channel and how when the government first released the pics of the stealth bomber and fighter they were displaced and streched not showing the actual distinction of the plane. even the designers and develpoers said it on the show. also if you do catch the show it shows an intresting piece of test flight video of an F22 landing at skunk works ground. but the intresting part was that if you saw the date on the video it was from 96 or 97 way before the release.

The first production F-22 was delivered to Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, on 14 January 2003 and "Dedicated Initial Operational Test and Evaluation" commenced on 27 October 2004. By 2004, 51 Raptors were in service.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

Hey Canada the forward fuselage/cockpit area looks like it was lifted from an F-15 or possibly a morphed Tomcat. And I reckon there may be "bits and pieces" from the FA-18, F-14 and Su-27 as well. The tail is definately Raptor in origin although the engine exhausts look a bit like P&W F-100's.

LEE.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It also has canards with its delta wing and in that respect it reminds me of the original 1980's Lockheed concept pics for ATF before the real YF-22 was revealed.

Its a nice bit of fiction which would make a really good looking model as you can use the bits from several real planes to create it.

I have noticed in several threads (and hinted at in this one) that some contributors assume that when a fictional plane appears in a game it is a preview of, or at least alludes to, a real design. In reality though the game designers just tend to use their imagination, I used to design my own planes all the time in my younger days when I had the time, lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Agreed - the front looks very F15 and the back end is raptor the wing? so i had thought rafale but its got 2 parts flaps so not sure.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Also if you look at the back end its not pure F-22 as the horizontal stabilizers do not extend past the exhaust vectoring nozzles. Just a little point from my picky artist eyes.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yes I had assumed it was CGI, but it's just amazing how well of a job the artist did when rendering it, even the paint job looks photo-realistic to me.

If I didn't know what I did about planes, I would have assumed it was real.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The back half of the plane looks like the YF-23 that lost the competition to the Raptor...

The front looks like a Hornet

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would say the nose, canopy and forward fuselage are from a two-seat F-18, aft fuselage, tail and engine nozzles are from F-22, but I don't know about the wings. They don't look like raptor's, but also not from any other plane i can remember right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Take a look here www.secretprojects.co.uk... It's one of 3 similar designs, all of which look pretty good.

KW

P.S. Apologies if I haven't got the link posting done properly, but I have even less of a clue how to post the pictures themselves.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KwazyWabbit

Sorry KW but the images aren't working for me. Is it my browser or the link? Anyone else able to get the link to work?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
On the secret projects site you have to be logged in to view the images, once you have logged in they show up automatically.

new topics

top topics

join