It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you identify this object

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
these are pictures of an object i found in a 5 gal bucket of water i had for the dogs. this bucket was underneath a low branched pear tree that was laden w/pears. i emptied the bucket to get fresh water and dispose of the pears and this is what I found after dumping the water & pears out. when i held this object (it looks like a well rounded boob with a nipple) up to the sky or light it was as if it were transparent.

I found this object in 2005. When I finally borrowed a camera 2007 it was in a state of deterioration. I could scrape a finger nail on the object and it was like clay.

[IMG]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7702/pic01879weirdthing1iz7.th.png[/I MG]
[URL=http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic01880weirdpic2ww3.png]
[/UR L]
[URL=http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic01881weirdpic3ce5.png]
[/U RL]
[URL=http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic01882weirdpic4ii7.png]
[ /URL]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It would be helpful if we could see more of a close up of this object.

Can anyone, or would anyone be willing to help us see what it is the OP is trying to show us

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It reminds me of those 3d cardboard puzzles like this one:

www.puzzlehistory.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It reminds me of those replicators that can make a 3d plastic images a computer screen. The warmed plastic is pushed upward slowly.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
how would i send a higher resolution because you can see a more clear picture. these pictures were uploaded on imageshack and i was lucky at that. i am a moron which it comes to pictures.

it was medium grey. i do not recall if it was "wet" when I picked it up. i have pondered how this object got into the bucket. the tree, an Asian Pear, is a small tree with apple shaped pears and sweet. i could not walk under the branches without stooping and that tree was packed so that its branches touched the driveway.

it has 1000s of "squared" hollowed out spaces you could see straight through, including the "teet" area, front and back but not on top nor sides. it reminded me of clay.

whatever it is - it is deteriorating as you can see the darker patches.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I would love to see several better pics as well...

some of the transparency pics would be even awesome'r..

did it have any other qualities? magnetic.. super light...

and was it hard as a rock when you fitrst found it ?

please.. please dont say..
'I dont have it anymore'....

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I managed to view a full size copy of all four images you put up and came to the decision that it is impossible for anyone to identify this item with the poor focus in each one

What strikes me as odd is how they were shot in the first place. Most non professional cameras these days are fully automatic. Unless put into a manual mode a camera will autofocus on what ever item is in the center of the field of view. The object seems roughly centered in each image but the field of focus has been moved so that the object can not be clearly defined. This is even taking place when you shot the object on a white background.

If it possible that you can get some more pics with a bit more clarity ofthe object in question?

Honestly, with the level of detail that I can see, it looks exactly like a pair of dress socks that I have. Olive socks with a vertical black stripe/ checkered print pattern. Balled up and possibly stuffed with batting

[edit on 28-1-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That looks like a wasp's nest. They build paper-like complex nests that start with a tight, complex centre end get more spacious and irregular as they get larger.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite

it has 1000s of "squared" hollowed out spaces you could see straight through, including the "teet" area, front and back but not on top nor sides.

I would think that, were that the case it would be visible in this image in particular. The shot is straight on and parallel to what you claim are spaces that run thru the item. Yet in this photo no light is visible thru those voids

img409.imageshack.us...

[edit on 28-1-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

hey, pavlovsdog, i knew you would help me out here. my friend took these pictures. i'll see what i can do, ok. thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tayga
That looks like a wasp's nest. They build paper-like complex nests that start with a tight, complex centre end get more spacious and irregular as they get larger.

this object was slightly smaller than a golf ball. the hollowed out tunnels were squared not octagon as usually found in nature.

a couple of people said it looked like a catalytic converter filter but could not explain how it took on that shape if expelled from the converter. this is completely greek to me

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
is it very light? I realized that it could be a 'bio ball'.

Bio Balls are used by some aquarists as part of a filtration method to remove nitrates from aquariums

Was the 5 gal bucket yours or did you happen to find it when you moved in? A 5 gal bucket is a very common accessory to aquarium hobbyists. They horde em like gold! For water changes etc .

Is it possible that, you moved into a new place and the prior owner had left one of his buckets out with a forgotten bio ball in it?

The 'deterioation' you are seeing could be 'tank crud' that became more visable after being removed from the water and exposed to air. Try brushing it off with a stiff brush

Thats about as good as I can do without better in focus pics.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

i put the 5 gal bucket under the tree for my dog to have water and shade. now, my sister has an aquarium. i just thought it strange getting into the bucket unless it was put in there by someone other than myself.

it was very light. it was in perfect shape when i found it. not even crushed by the pears. i do not remember the object being wet from the water.

after some type i noticed it began to loose its new look and dark spots began to form. it reminded me of clay.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I lean toward a wasp or hornet nest withe the outside removed away. That it discolored and turned to a clay like material
makes me think that even more.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by pavil]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why are the pictures so out of focus? The one with it on the white kitchen surface should be in focus as everything else is. Can you take more pictures with the object in focus?

img229.imageshack.us...

I don't think it is a wasps nest, the shape is too regular and it is far too small. Until better pictures are available, I would tend to say that the camera has been focused and then the object placed in view so that it is intentionally out of focus. I'm not going to say your doing it to waste our time as i'm sure there is probably a good reason

[edit on 28-1-2008 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog
What strikes me as odd is how they were shot in the first place. Most non professional cameras these days are fully automatic. Unless put into a manual mode a camera will autofocus on what ever item is in the center of the field of view. The object seems roughly centered in each image but the field of focus has been moved so that the object can not be clearly defined. This is even taking place when you shot the object on a white background.

It's almost certainly out of focus due to being closer than the minimum focus distance of the camera/lens.

musselwhite - If you want to take a close-up, most point and shoot digi-cams have a macro mode, which decreases the minimum focusing distance so that you can get clear shots of objects that are very close to the lens.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

my friend took the pictures. he said it was difficult to get good pictures. when he took the pictures he may have had his glasses off. that happens to me when i have the opportunity of a digital camera at my disposal. i'll give it another try may take a few days.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

look at pavlovsdog enhanced image above.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

this object was slightly smaller than a golf ball. the hollowed out tunnels were squared not octagon as usually found in nature.

a couple of people said it looked like a catalytic converter filter but could not explain how it took on that shape if expelled from the converter. this is completely greek to me

It's not the filter of a catalytic converter they're describing but the support, a ceramic, for the precious metal catalyst. Yes, it could be one of those

A wasp's nest would be extremely light when dry, much like paper. A catalyst support would be considerably heavier.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

he said it was difficult to get good pictures. when he took the pictures he may have had his glasses off. that happens to me when i have the opportunity of a digital camera at my disposal.

the vision of the person taking the pictures, has nothing to do with the focus on a consumer level digital camera.

The camera will focus automatically based on its distance to the image. It has nothing to do with the vision of the person shooting the image

top topics

<<   2 >>

join