It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arent you someone famous or Rich?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Truly great souls have said that if a "true Saint" is born in your family, the merit obtained extends for 7 generations only.

Why is that?
I mean, why seven generations - why not four or eleven (or none at all, of course)?
I understand that seven is a common "magic number", but still... I'd be very interested to know how exactly they arrived at that particular number.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Money is not going to make you happy in the long run.

I am not here for the long run.

The most wonderfull human being's i have ever met were not rich.

So did I. Yes, indeed!

Nor were rich any of the least wonderful people I've met.
(Under duress I might, in fact, be amened to call them "scum of the Earth" or something equally rude.)

I am afraid that's just the laws of probability: the immense majority of Earthlings are not rich. And those wonderful people that you and I met would, in all likelihood, be every bit as wonderful if they were rich.

Well maybe in another life i was but i learned you cant be the richest person in the graveyard.

Well, actually.. you can.
Ask Zaki Hawass if you don't believe me.
(Yes, of course I am kidding.
)

[edit on 18-2-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

HAHAHAHAHA

Have a star my good man.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I've wondered the same thing Vanitas: why "seven" generations? (I was looking at nuclear waste disposal methods,for another thread, and this number kept cropping up as the correct time to plan for.)

Recently I found the following article on Wikipedia that left me scratching my head, wondering about the magic of this seven generations thing:

Seventh Generation Standard

All I can guess is this brief little quote, included with one of the links to the above article:

"In every deliberation we must consider the impact on the seventh generation... even if it requires having skin as thick as the bark of a pine."-- Great Law of the Iroquois

The seventh generation corresponds to your great, great, great, great, great, great, grand children, about 175 years, assuming a generation is 25 years long. Looks pretty arbitrary to me.

Very odd. Hmmm.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join