It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The speed of Darkness

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I was thinking more of LXWXH moving in all directions in which Time came before light it self.

The speed of light vs the speed of time. Which evidence suggests Time was before Light created, it had to be before light was established for such 3-D matter to even be able to stay within a 3-D universe. Otherwise we would be saying light=time and light is time and space which is not, it had to come after the creation of the Box in which it flies through.

How fast does non light giving Space -LWH travel? How fast does Time travel? Is light the same speed as Time? Even if the expansion was the same as light speed it still is way a head of it and light is filling space not making it. Unless some one says Light is the property of time and space which I doubt, its a seperate creation that most likely formed after an invisible big bang and 3-D matter and light came after it. Even if they are the same speed, the first train leaving at 1pm at 80mph won't catch the train at 12pm leaving at also 80mph. But they say relative space during the creation could mean light and space time travelled faster along the track from 160mph down to a more constant 80mph but what ever happens light can not catch and fill Black void of space unless the light or matter takes on the property of expansion and becomes a reality it self.

Time and space it self is dark and that is the speed of darkness. If space was created before Light (Genesis) then light would never fill space and we can tell by looking anyway. If for example expansion was before Light created or could escape light we will always be behind the speed of expansion of darkness of space and time which are not properties of light. Which means Darkness of 3-D universe will cover more ground than the straight line of light waves because they don't produce space Time as they travel. Although a bright star can be seen from all directions it does not grow like space does and only its lightwaves can be seen as photon particles and you need a telescope to focus more light in which it can be seen more clearly.

Just a retype below:

Maybe space time travels faster than light because LXWXH= 3x Speed of light as space moves in all directions and photons can never catch them up. because to make particles in 3-D universe you need a 3-D universe first to begin with otherwise Light would not exist in the 2-D universe if people say light has always been. Light would then be spacetime it self which it clearly is not and is a seperate 3-D object that came afterwards and travels along the thread of time not creating it and will always be behind time space. The universe probably accelerated faster than the speed of light when it was first created and all objects along with it. If that is impossible then its clear that objects and stars were placed afterwards.

Maybe the Bible is right God created light and it came after in this universe which was void and formless.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ok, Light Cant go any faster than the speed that the universe is expanding or contracting, and space is not a box, Boxes are way to unstable, and gravity forbids the creation of a box with large masses. Look at every single planet, not one is a box, every sun, not one is a box.

None Light giving space..... Its speed = 0.... The speed of anything is based on observation. If you and another car were driving side by side, and lets say he was going 25 and you were doing 20, he would look like he is doing 5. Right now, in space, Earth is Moving really quickly, in more than one direction(yeah, its true. We are revolving around the sun, and we are revolving around the Galaxy at the same time.). So, Light may actually be faster or slower, we have no clue, there is no way to tell until we can reach those speeds, and with our current technology, it isnt possible, we couldnt withstand the pressure on our little bodies.

Time and space itself is Empty. It has matter, not as much pressure as on Earth, but there is pressure, but the pressure isnt darkness. Its helium, Hydrogen, Irons, and misc other Elements floating around, Darkness isnt on our elemental tables, hate to say, and No Compound makes darkness. Light Was around since the beginning, Light is a photon, a form of energy, as electricity, fire, and other forms of energy. As long as there has been fire, electricity, and other energy, there has been light. Sooooooo, with that said, as long as there has been mass anywhere is the universe, there has been some form of light, some form of energy. Light itself is an infinite energy, as it never ages. The faster you go, the slower time goes, and the more mass you gain, meaning more of a crushing force on the mass. Soooo, with that, the only reason the light travels and never dies is relativity, the faster you goes, the slower time goes, and at the speed of light, time stops for you and everything around you goes over 100x faster.

It takes over 100.000 years for ONE light photon to escape the sun, thats a long #ing time. But dont go thinking because it takes around 100k years for a beam to escape that light wasnt around til 100k years after the creation of the universe., explosions give light, and thats what starts alot of #.

If This God made the universe, than there would be no explosion, no expansion. Why? well, its much easier to say poof, than to make a some huge explosion and call it space afterwards. Before Space, the universe, there was absolutely nothing, no darkness, no light, no mass, atleast if we are going the bible way of things. Now, if we went by Science, and thats we are going by here, atleast I hope so, I dont want some fake as answer that some random guy thought up one day, then there was energy, mass, object, and space, before, during, and after(as you can see) the big bang(if thats even true that there was a bang).

Think of our universe as a 2D universe we can make up out of nowhere. The paper we create thier world on is their universe, thier space. That exists before they do, before mass and matter. But if we draw something to put in there, maybe a planet, with a few moons, with some detail, then they are alive, thinking(atleast if we are comparing this to us in a 2D kinda way)(Whats funny is that you can compare this to us being created from a 4D space, weird eh?) and "breathing". Ok, take them, and what existed before they did, their universe did. Their universe was with mass, atoms, matter, and "white space"(2D, hehe, call it White space, ours is a bit different, since its 3D and 4D(Time and LxWxH, if you will)).

All of that, with their Mass, and energy, existed at the same time, nothing was before another. Light, Electrons, Microchips, Cars, all have one thing in common, they are made of energy, and can be converted to another type. Electricity makes light in a light bulb(hence the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy(Severely Flawed)). Fuel Makes Fire in an Engine(Fire being the Energy).

Rekar

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
the speed of dryness
Rekar

Would be as much light/heat is around to dry it. Next to impossible to get an accurate answer for that if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
darkness isnt really something that can be measured like light but the speed of light is constant therefore it makes sense to me to say that dark resumes just as quickly as the photon leaves the space in which you are measuring so speed of light = 186k mps so darkness resumes at the same rate it takes the photon to travel from one point to the next

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Did you really have to dredge up this thread to post what has been said so many times?

Also why did anyone above feel the need to pointlessly complicate things by bringing up the universe expansion, dark energy/matter or any other number of irrelevant 'points', in the context and meaning of the thread title none of that has anything to do with it.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My uneducated guess is it is equal to the speed of light

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

1. The speed of dark is faster than the speed of light. When you open a drawer, you can see the light going in, but you don't see the dark escaping.
  2. Dark is heavier than light. It tends to settle to the bottom of large bodies of water, for instance. (Though that may be a matter of buoyancy/density rather than just weight.)
  3. There's no such thing as a light bulb. They're "dark suckers". Note when such a bulb no longer works, how much darker it is inside the glass. It's full of dark. (Candles were primative dark suckers.)

[edit on 8/5/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thank you this is what I've been waiting for.

This man is a genius.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
hmmm i guess if that answer satisfies you but darkness is the absence of photons it isnt a particle type that ii know of so like i stated before the darkness resumes at the same rate the photon stream traveled through the measured area. imagine if you will a tire and a baseball the inside of the tire being the space measured and the ball being the photon. Now if you throw the ball through the tire and imagine its casting light as it goes through you will see that the dark resumes inside the tire at the exact same rate as it was illuminated as the ball passed through.... dark does not have a speed it is just the absence of photons

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

darkness must have a speed that envelopes the trail of light that can no longer be seen . almost a vacuum effect . almost like the speed of gravity , which i read about on another thread that was very interesting . sorry i cannot remember who and where because they deserve credit for their thoughts . next time i read an interesting thread i think i will write down the member and location so credit goes to them .

but in any event it's an interesting idea . i read a strange article a long time ago that suggested if you could travel faster than light you would create an unnatural phenomena behind your mode of transportation that would eventually create a singularity . not saying i believe it , but it's interesting just like the speed of darkness .

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

you are wrong . darkness has to collapse on the light and that speed is infinite . turn off a light in your room . darkness fills the void faster than light . the absence of light creates a void of nothing which the la ck of light descends upon . darkness has a speed that is unique to it or there would be no darkness .

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyte Angel
Another question came along with the speed of silence one, the speed of darkness:

Whats the speed of darkness?

What is darkness? It is the absence of illumination. What do you mean by speed? Be a little more rigorous.

Originally posted by Nyte Angel
I really wonder about this and have searched the net and gotten only theories. Well out of everyone, ATS is by far the best theorists around.

ATS is a breeding ground of ignorance and gullibility. You would find better answers from a highschool physics textbook.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

you are probably the same guy who will throw out theories about dark matter and dark energy .
then you will tell us things that are subject to approval by the way you see the universe .
when light vanishes to that mysterious place it goes , darkness falls . this is an act of nature .
dark is also a speed .
if i can say it no other way , dark is the rate in which photons cannot be present to the eye or the universe .
it is a vacuum effect at best . thanks for what you have said and i will consider .

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
their is no doubt in proving light exists . what about anti-photons ?
we have an anti for everything else , why not photons . i know , dark energy , hit me with something new , please .
dark energy does not exist , neither does dark matter . that is the flaw with quantum physics . there is no dark energy pulsating stars or planets . the space between our solar system and the next seems to be affected by something , my goodness it must be dark matter . in the same assumption that you recognize dark matter you say nothing exists in the ether .

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join