It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

test pilot demoted & refused final military honors because of ufo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Lt. Col. Roy Jack Edwards Tells His Son Of His UFO Encounter As A Test Pilot

...During a test flight in clear sky conditions when my father initially contacted ground control he sighted a definite large UFO. He was firmly "ordered" to "break away immediately and return to base" with his chase (observation) plane. His observation plane complied. However, my fearless USMC trained mindset father told me that his raw intrepid instincts kicked in, thus, ignored ground control because he knew he probably wouldn't ever get another opportunity to confront a UFO and pursued...
He was demoted, and his records stated he was in Japan instead of Edwards AFB during the time he had his encounter, then finally they wouldn't even allow him to be buried with full military honors.

This single ufo was supposedly responsible for the deaths of 3 test pilots;i.e. it hung around the area for a long time

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

First let me start by saying, Im truly sorry to hear that about your father. I have seen time and time again, how this UFO enigma, has claimed the lives of good people, and completely ruined others. It is a subject to be handled carefully. With that being said.... I wonder if you could provide any documentation to back up this statement....

This single ufo was supposedly responsible for the deaths of 3 test pilots;i.e. it hung around the area for a long time...

I would be interested in seeing this data. Its a piece of the puzzle that many times goes unreported. People are afraid to face a certain reality of this phenom, and that is the fact that humans have died as a direct result of contact with "UFO's"....

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is your father? If so . Get us whatever you can please. An account like this and if what you(is) claimed can be backed enough . Im sure a full investigation should be made here.

Please give us some more crumbs. Were hungry little beings.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Found this article about the story.

Article about test pilot

[edit on 27-1-2008 by amongus]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Nice find amazing story...is there anything you would like to add reject?

I admire your father for his actions above EAFB, I know I would have done the same thing. Very disturbing about the loss of three airmen to this object. Even more disturbing is the way your father was treated by the country he fought hard to defend.

Respectfully, 1nL~

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Why is people assuming Lt. Col. Roy Jack Edwards is reject's father?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
Why is people assuming Lt. Col. Roy Jack Edwards is reject's father?

I agree, from what i understood it was the source's father. Either way an interesting story indeed.

abb

top topics

join