It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India’s Might On Display! Defense Forces Second To None!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

A spectacular view of Rajpath from the top of the India Gate,
during the 59th Republic Day Parade-2008, in New Delhi
on January 26, 2008.
Courtesy: PIB

AGNI-III IRBM, at the 59th Republic Day Parade in New Delhi on January 26, 2008.

BBC News

The significance of January 26 sank into the collective consciousness of thousands of people at India’s Rajpath in New Delhi on Saturday as a battery of 25 pounders thudded a terrain-shaking salute.

People cherished the transition of India from a shackled nation to a republic, boasting of one of the fastest economic growth rates on the planet. As column after column of smartly attired soldiers marched past the saluting base, following the rumble of the latest hi tech weaponry including medium range ballistic missiles, a collective roar of pride rent the air.

“What a life — a glorious legacy of gallantry, impeccable uniforms and a motto of upholding the country’s honour, above all else? Surely, the armed forces are a dream profession for the likes of me,” said a starry-eyed adolescent Praneeta Chandola as she stood transfixed before formation after formation of soldiers with fashionably angled caps marching past the gallery.

The Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh salute the brave soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti,
India Gate, during the Republic Day Parade - 2008, in New Delhi on January 26, 2008.

Perhaps the defining moment of the morning was the faraway look in the eyes of a group of schoolboys as it heard the announcer introduce the four recipients of the country’s highest gallantry award, the Ashoka Chakra, who made the supreme sacrifice fighting terrorists during the ongoing counter terrorist operations:

“How can man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his father, and the temples of his gods?”

After all, it’s the men behind the machines that count. Capturing a heavily guarded enemy post 22,000 feet high in the Siachen Glacier, up near-vertical cliffs requires indomitable courage, guts and sky-high morale. And that sums up what the Indian Army is all about!

Way to go guys!
You are the best in the World!

www.hindu.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
pib.nic.in...

Mod Edit: New Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[ats] image tags...
Use this tag only for images for which you have arranged hosting by uploading it to your member upload center, or through any other hosting means you have arranged.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I am not disputing the fact that India is an extremly powerful nation, but how do the pictures you provided decpict this? It shows a couple of hundred military men on parade and an AGNI-III which if I remember correctly has a range of about 5,000kms not sure how many miles that is. I think I heard somewhere that the US has over 500 ICBMs which have a far greater range then any AGNI other then AGNI-IV. The AGNI-III is basically in the middle of the ICBM and the SRBM.

Once again while I agree India is very powerful please find some more evidence and examples of this before showing as a couple hundred men, a AGNI and telling us they took a well defended position and that this proves they have good morale and that they are second to none.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Because:

> Extremely high overall morale and discipline.

> Raw courage, as seen in actions not only against adversaries in conventional scenarios, but also protracted ongoing counter insurgency operations.

> Expertise and experience in fighting in varied terrain that no Army in the world can boast of. From the rugged snow capped mountains of the Himalayas 22,000 feet high with temperatures down to minus 60 C, to thick secondary jungles of the North East, to the scorching 54 C heat of the western deserts, it’s all in a days work for the Indian Army.

> Mobility and flexibility to change doctrine at theatre level effectively and quickly in consonance with evolving threat perceptions. This has come about due to the very high standard of training at all levels.

> Ability to withstand extremely harsh and tough conditions even during peace time deployments, an average of 3 years operational service in each type of inhospitable environment as described above. (Tenure of US troops in Iraq is just 1 year, after which it is considered too taxing mentally and physically to operate effectively).

> The Indian Army is one of the oldest and most experienced in the world, with one of the oldest active regiments raised in 1757 which still exists today!

> Provides Peace Keeping Forces around the world including Angola, Cambodia, Sudan, Congo, Gaza, Lebanon, Burundi, Mozambique, Korea, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Ethiopia-Eritrea, Golan Heights, Central America, Iran, Yemen, Iraq, Kuwait, Liberia, etc.

There’s more, but enough for the day! Can you name any other army with these accomplishments? And with 1.5 million men in uniform, its BIG!

Cheers!

[edit on 27-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Reply to mikesingh

There’s more, but enough for the day! Can you name any other army with these accomplishments? And with 1.5 million men in uniform, its BIG!

Haha now that one cracked me up!

Let me name you 2 other armies that the Huge 1.5million Indian army can never handle.

The Pakistani army and the Mujahideens.

The Mujahideens/pakistanis are the ones that have mastered to fight in Harsh terrains,conditions,temperatures.

Remember the Kargil war? The Mujahideens took the peaks off the Indians.Indian airforce was all brought down when they took to the peaks.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
pakistan stands no chance in both war and cricket against india

East Or West India Is The BEST!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Do they hold these parades all the time, or just started this year?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Reply to ModernAcademia

If Pakistan stands no chance than why doesn’t the Indian army take Pakistani controlled Kashmir from Pakistan?

Its more the opposite.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Reply to andy1033

Do they hold these parades all the time, or just started this year?

Yeh takes place every year. It’s a form of showing off military might.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hadn't really thought of them as military power but you are right. They probabley have to be with long term enemy Pakistan and China nearby.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Second to none, especially in defense.

I will have to say Israel Defense Forces or these guys ....

the United States Army

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
Reply to mikesingh

Remember the Kargil war? The Mujahideens took the peaks off the Indians.Indian airforce was all brought down when they took to the peaks.

That's the biggest joke of 2008! In fact the biggest in a decade. I almost fell flat on the floor laughing my guts out!! Pakistani Mujahidin took peaks from the Indians??
Yes. They took the peaks alright. But the ones where there were NO troops!! Wow! That's bravery of the highest order! Capturing unoccupied areas!!
Lol!

And all the world knows that the Pakistani Army and the terrorists they supported were whipped bad by the Indian Army and thrown out of Kargil lock stock and barrel. They retreated so fast that they left their dead comrades behind. And the Indians had to give them a decent burial, because the Indian Army cares for the fallen men in arms - whether Indian or Pakistani.

See the difference? It's all about tradition. You'll never be able to understand that. Heck! Does the Pakistani Army care for its soldiers?

And you compare a rag tag circus of terrorists supported by the Pakistani army and ISI to the highly trained and professional Indian Army? Lol!

And just to brush up your knowledge of the Pakistan Army, it is 560,000 strong, that is, half the size of the Indian Army!

[edit on 27-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
And here's more...

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Reply to mikesingh

And all the world knows that the Pakistani Army and the terrorists they supported were whipped bad by the Indian Army and thrown out of Kargil lock stock and barrel. They retreated so fast that they left their dead comrades behind. And the Indians had to give them a decent burial, because the Indian Army cares for the fallen men in arms - whether Indian or Pakistani.

No Pakistanis had to leave those areas because they had to much International pressure on them. If not it woulda been theirs matey!

See the difference? It's all about tradition. You'll never be able to understand that. Heck! Does the Pakistani Army care for its soldiers?

Muslims don’t follow tradition they follow Islam. Understand you takan?

And you compare a rag tag circus of terrorists supported by the Pakistani army and ISI to the highly trained and professional Indian Army? Lol!

Yeh if Indian army is soo highly trained than why do they die in thousands in the hands of mujahideens?
If the Indian army is soo highly trained than why is it they can’t even freekin take the other half of Kashmir from Pakistan?

The Indian army only knows how to kill and rape Kashmiri women, kill and interrogate their men horrifically.

The Mujahideens when they leave Pakistan after full training is given. They only take a bottle of honey as their food. AKs and RPGS on their backs.They have maps to get to get past LOC and they punish the Indian army for their wrong doings in Kashmir.

Do you actually think Indian army is as hardcore as these mujahideens?

Its not about numbers or weapons.Its about how strong you are in your heart to fight for your cause.

Understand?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Check this out..

[edit on 27-1-2008 by kangjia57]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
In a straight up conventional fight India would crush Pakistan. It was only the international community that kept them from doing so. India has a decent sized army for its population however their is no way they can match the United States. We sent 8 million men to fight in WW2 and we could beat that number again if we had too. Not one country would ever want to fight India as the Chinese have figured out however that only means that they can defend themselves against an aggressor. They can not project their whole army like the U.S. can. The U.S. has the largest and most advanced air force and navy. We can muster a massive army if we needed to, Remember we are fighting today with an all volunteer force in a not so popular war. If the U.S. were attacked by a country the sleeping American giant would rise up and smack down any said country. While I and most Americans have no problems with India, I have one request. Would someone tell them to stop calling here and acting like they are American

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Reply to Sky watcher

I have one request. Would someone tell them to stop calling here and acting like they are American

Hahaha You make me laugh more than mikesingh.

4000 US soldiers dead and hundreds of tanks toasted in Iraq!!

Yes we have seen how good the US is.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Check this out..

That's the biggest propaganda film made by the Pakistani propaganda machine! It's so funny, I don't even need to see a Tom and Jerry cartoon for a laugh!

Thanks for posting this hilarious vid!
You made my day!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Reply to Sky watcher
Hahaha You make me laugh more than mikesingh.

4000 US soldiers dead and hundreds of tanks toasted in Iraq!!
Yes we have seen how good the US is.

Lol! 300 Pakistani soldiers taken prisoner WITHOUT A FIGHT in South Waziristan by Mujahidin!!

As the fighting rages between the Taliban and the Pakistani military in North Waziristan, the situation in South Waziristan is quiet. Over 40 days ago, the Baitullah Mehsud, the powerful Taliban commander in South Waziristan, captured nearly 300 Pakistani soldiers without a shot being fired. The Pakistani government has been negotiating for their release ever since.
www.longwarjournal.org...

Oh boy! Is the Pakistani Army a rag tag circus or what??
You bet it is! And you compare it with the US Army?????

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Please refrain from name calling ("takan") and be nice to each other.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
In a straight up conventional fight India would crush Pakistan. It was only the international community that kept them from doing so. India has a decent sized army for its population however their is no way they can match the United States. We sent 8 million men to fight in WW2 and we could beat that number again if we had too. Not one country would ever want to fight India as the Chinese have figured out however that only means that they can defend themselves against an aggressor. They can not project their whole army like the U.S. can. The U.S. has the largest and most advanced air force and navy. We can muster a massive army if we needed to, Remember we are fighting today with an all volunteer force in a not so popular war. If the U.S. were attacked by a country the sleeping American giant would rise up and smack down any said country. While I and most Americans have no problems with India, I have one request. Would someone tell them to stop calling here and acting like they are American

I have to agree with you SkyWatcher! People forget that we destroyed Iraq in less than three days, then went to a limited war. The biggest reason the USA did this was to keep the war machine making money.

They don't realize (I guess) that for every piece of military hardware that is destroyed, there are ten more to take its place. That is why the warmongers love war so much. It generates great profit.

I don't think there is a country on this earth that could beat The USA and Israel in a conventional war......unless they go nuclear, then we all lose!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join