It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite fall in france, some people seen brilliant disc parked over their head.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hello, i have read some news on the web like everyday and apparently a meteorite had fall in a little village in the cher( france's departement ), nothing disturbing here until i read that some witnesses had seen a flying disc over their head.

Here is the link to the original source, it's in french so here is the translation:

"ORLÉANS, Loiret (Reuters)- A meteorite would have crashed on Friday, on the start of the evening, on the Municipality of Trouy, in the south of Bourges ( Cher ), had report a local astronomer.

The object, first assimilited to a "burning plane",according to the testimonies "collect" by the fire brigades of Vaucluse, was seen in the South of France before an employee of the aerodrome of Bourges, besides astronomer, confirms his fall in the Cher.

After a first fruitless beat, made on Saturday morning, the rush towards the meteorite began to shake the spirits.

***here is the intersting part***

"Auditors call us to say that they saw a brilliant disk which parked over the head ", reported a journalist of France Bleu, the localradio station.

At Trouy, where the national press started to come this saturday morning, this meteorite is considered " as a sky's present", had declared to Reuters an habitant of the village of 2.900peoples.

End of article.

What is this "brilliant" disc? Is this the meteorite that had been misidentified or there was a ufo ( man or not made ) looking at the "show"?

I will try to find more about that and update the story.

Sorry if the translation are not that good but i mixed my knowledge with a web translator so some times....

[edit on 26-1-2008 by ufopunx]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wow interesting account . Im digging about . But can only find French accounts.
I really need to take up a second language

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Language problem.... it's boring.... why not an international language?

But i think news will acroos the sea soon or maybe they are speaking about in u.k. newspaper?

i have to do some search.......

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well done, nice find.

I'm experienced with how the French language works and I had no trouble understanding your translation.

So,
due to not just the find, but the extra time and effort for doing the translation the best way you could.

Well done. tres bien mon ami.
a bientot

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thank you, i know french is not an easy language so i think it would be better if i put the translation with it, just 5 minutes more and i had nothing to do today except maybe "scotcher mon ordinateur
" as usual.

I did some research, found nothing more, there is just two or three newspaper that are speaking about that, and only one speaking about the "brilliant disc", firefighter have been warn by a lot of citizens yesterday night because they had seen a "burning plane" then an "airport guy"(
)" described it as a meteorite as he is apparently also an astronomer, peoples call the radio station and say they had seen a brilliant disc. So much witnesses and they still don't have find the impact zone.
Maybe it is nothing but it look a bit strange to me, does something is happening around there?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Give it a while and other sources may pick up on the story.

Le Monde is a major French news outlet so it's not like you've gotten this from a half baked journal.

Also he reports on the radio will be picked up by others, so it could be quite interesting.

Time will tell. Keep an eye open for further updates.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Interestingly "Trouy" could be translated as "Hole-There". I so bet on the UFO case : obviously some horny but not less tautologist aliens had decided to dig a pretty crater into Trouy.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Yes this is a big one, this is why i did not hesitate before posting this.

Probably tomorow or monday, the media coverage will be a bit better, but i think the radio callers will not be taking in consideration, why this did not happen in texas??? at least there is a lot of media there speaking about ufo yet, but in france when you say you had seen a ufo, people just laugh at you, in belgium where, i live, it's different, we had a big ufo wave( i saw some of them one for sure maybe 2 others but i was very young so i can't tell ) and even the government want to know what it was.

But back to this story, is this that hard to find an meteorite's impact zone?
Especially with a lot of witnesses?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

Maybe they needed some fuel and then they dig up for petrol? lol

But seriously this case seems really strange to me, why they find nothing?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufopunx

but in france when you say you had seen a ufo, people just laugh at you,

That's because our President is a contaminating Grey. But : sshhhh....

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
And don't forget that they may have already found the object in question but don't want anybody to know what it is.

seems odd for an object to fall, then for witnesses to see another (or the same) object above them.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

This is what i was thinking, damn a meteorite fall with a lot of witnesses who said approximatly where it disapear behind the mountains, 24hours ago, and still don't find it? I mean, it is not happening in an unreachable jungle from amazonia!

I don't what to think about the witnessed object, first they see a "burning plane"
but a "sunday's astronomer" said it's a meteorite BUT people call the local radio station for say they have seen a BRILLIANT DISC PARKED OVER THEIR HEAD, so i didn't knew that a burning plane could stay without move for a while then crash, i didn't knew that a meteorite could do that too, so what was this object?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
little update

The meteorite is "big" as a football ball and a car driver seen a green or blue light and then a detonation.
The "airport guy" said he had seen a orange fire ball with an important sheaf(wreath) of spark follow-up of a green blue light. he also said that the meteorite explode at atound 100meters from the ground ( tunguska is back
)

[edit on 26-1-2008 by ufopunx]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've seen a meteorite coming into the atmosphere that burnt green too..so it sounds like that's exactly what it was.

but this does not yet explain the other object people saw.

Maybe, with a bit of luck, someone got a photo.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

Here's the most recent item, from Yahoo France:

Yahoo

Air traffic control at Bourges confirms that the object, about the size of a football, "exploded in midair", some 100 metres above the ground, near the village of Trouy.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yes that is the point, how this meteorite could have been misindentified by a parked brillant disc? As the radio caller said it was stationary.

I visited the france bleu website but they don't speak about the radio callers.

I have post some questions on the newspapers comment where some witnesses speak about the meteorite, i'm waiting answer if they had also seen a brilliant disc.

I really doubt about the picture but it could be very interesting!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Thank you but i alredy seen it, the point is in the first link in the Le monde article, radio caller said they have seen a brilliant disc parked/stationary over their head, this, i don't think it's a meteorite.

Maybe it is a joke from radio callers but i doubt it too.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

Yes, I know you've seen it.

It's just that this item was more recent.
That's all.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Just search Babel Fish by Alta Vista and type in or paste in the web page and then say which language you want translated into English or vice-versa. babel fish

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Ok thanks anyway.

This is why i did the little update, as they didn't speak about that in the first article.

I have sent an email to France Bleu, maybe i can get more news about the radio callers.

Thx again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join