It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite fall in france, some people seen brilliant disc parked over their head.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

Thank you Rachel07.

I will translate if there is more important news later.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well well..

UFO's, meteorites and no impact craters.. hmm..

Where have I seen this before..

Ah!

realufo.naeborra.com...

Maybe all these people are crazy but the proposed trajectory and impact zone of this meteor in 2002 could have been very close to where I live near the shore and that meteor should have hit the sea near that area.

But oh well who believes that stuff unless they DO land on your head right?

UFO pilot: oops..I missed it
Me: (with a 1000T space rock landing on my head) instant believer.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by ufopunx

Here's the most recent item, from Yahoo France:

Yahoo

Air traffic control at Bourges confirms that the object, about the size of a football, "exploded in midair", some 100 metres above the ground, near the village of Trouy.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Vanitas]

I am not really replying to this quote, I am just thinking out aloud..

Question: Could NASA miss a NEO the size of a football field hitting the earth?

Answer: they don't even have them catalogued, they're too many they can't! Only the really big ones.

If the "football field" sized object was not a UFO mirage but the actual meteor before the reported explosion, then what could be its estimated size before it entered the atmosphere and burned most of itself while descending?

[edit on 26-1-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Thanx for the link.

There is report from the airliners that say the meteorite explodes in midair at around 100 meters +/- 30 feet, a burning rock coming from the spacec that explode near the ground should leave trace no?

And damn what is exactly this brilliant disk parked over their head?
But apparently i'm the only to be intrigued by this statement, on the other forum they don't pay attention about that.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Well, it's estimate to the size of football ballon, the football field sized is the one that will be near the earth in few days.

It would had been "dramatic" as the meteorite fall/explode at 7 kilometers from a 2800 habitant village, they still look for it but find nothing.

What i find strange is there is report of burning plane so this is the meteorite, and this disk, how people can misidentified a falling meteorite with a stationary brilliant disk?
Is there any report that match exactly with this one?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hi,

no news about the stationary disc, in fact they have edited the Le monde article and they don't speak anymore about it but here is a translation from an witness coment:

Observed in Vayres (Gironde) from my home between 6.05 pm and 6.15 pm,
a big ball Surrounded with very brilliant sparks, followed by a panache of sparks. Orientation verificated 120° E. S-E. The Object went almost upright and joined the ground at a distance which I consider rather close. Ithought it was a piece of rocket... don't know why. Observation which lasted 2 or 3 second. The object was very big, no noise after the fall... The direction of my observation do not match ( except the time ) with the one desribed in Bourges, it is not about the same object, found the other testimonies describing this phenomenon in the Southwest.
source

Apparently, there was more than one meteorite, as he is not the only one to speak about others "bolides" and also, only one testimonies speak about an explosion in midair, the airliners, there is a video that i can't watch coz of windows media player, apparently tha airport have more than one object on their radar, and suddenly the objects are meteorite
Here she is but it's in french video
look on the right in the little video section and click on 'meteorite'.

So, more than one meteorite spotted and still no impact zone, "bizare" coment from the airport, it seems like the story is not the same each time i check updates, my paranoid mind tell me there is weird happening there.
Or maybe it's my paranoid my mind that make me think that and there is nothing unusual there.

Please leave your reactions here.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by ufopunx]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Very interesting stuff, I find it very weird that they have altered/edited the article. Is it stated that the article has been edited? or did you just notice it?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Apparently i spoke a bit too fast because the original article is still there but the other one said the same but they don't speak about the disk.
I have send an email to the radio station to be sure that this call had been pass for real, maybe the newspaper mention that to make the article more "sellable"(?) and was not really true but i have read this in others newspaper so, i'm still waiting to answer from the radio station, also ask them if it was possible to get a transcript of this call, even few words, time will tell.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufopunx

Thanx for the link.

There is report from the airliners that say the meteorite explodes in midair at around 100 meters +/- 30 feet, a burning rock coming from the spacec that explode near the ground should leave trace no?

And damn what is exactly this brilliant disk parked over their head?
But apparently i'm the only to be intrigued by this statement, on the other forum they don't pay attention about that.

Originally posted by ufopunx
Hi,

no news about the stationary disc, in fact they have edited the Le monde article and they don't speak anymore about it but here is a translation from an witness coment:

Observed in Vayres (Gironde) from my home between 6.05 pm and 6.15 pm,
a big ball Surrounded with very brilliant sparks, followed by a panache of sparks. Orientation verificated 120° E. S-E. The Object went almost upright and joined the ground at a distance which I consider rather close. Ithought it was a piece of rocket... don't know why. Observation which lasted 2 or 3 second. The object was very big, no noise after the fall... The direction of my observation do not match ( except the time ) with the one desribed in Bourges, it is not about the same object, found the other testimonies describing this phenomenon in the Southwest.
source

Apparently, there was more than one meteorite, as he is not the only one to speak about others "bolides" and also, only one testimonies speak about an explosion in midair, the airliners, there is a video that i can't watch coz of windows media player, apparently tha airport have more than one object on their radar, and suddenly the objects are meteorite
Here she is but it's in french video
look on the right in the little video section and click on 'meteorite'.

So, more than one meteorite spotted and still no impact zone, "bizare" coment from the airport, it seems like the story is not the same each time i check updates, my paranoid mind tell me there is weird happening there.
Or maybe it's my paranoid my mind that make me think that and there is nothing unusual there.

Please leave your reactions here.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by ufopunx]

Hmm...

How on earth air traffic controllers not only spotted but focused their attention on a football sized object, for ex. sized 22centimeters x 22centimeters probably from non reflective material possibly made of rock?!
Small sized objects are not a navigational hazard unless they are missiles which in that case are way bigger and they also behave like one AND are more reflective than meteorites. Right?
If commercial aviation radars could work in such a detail they would alert every now and then about navigational hazards coming from..flocks of birds, something which is clearly not happening, at least not often.

I detect heavy editing or at least misreporting from the news outlets. The football field sized object became ball sized object If I understood correctly and the UFO is nowhere to be found on the news reports, also there are no followup reports for this bizarre story.

Also a witness speaks of a rocket? Or at least of a fiery tail(?) coming from a round sparkly lit object. A description pretty close to a meteorite while disintegrating in the atmosphere.
Now the weird part of a "parked overhead disk" referred from news outlets comes to mind. Did we have actual UFO witnesses here?

So we still have a disintegrating meteorite of unknown size but big enough to be spotted that left no traces anywhere near the inhabited area it reached and possibly a UFO report at the same time, along with some edited news stories that "tried" to report this incident and confused matters even more.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by spacebot]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join