It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned psych ward

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm coming in kinda late to this discussion but I figure I'll add input from my experiences.

For gear, people I know or myself have used a normal digital camera with flash and night vision, a hand held video camera, and a audio recorder is also great for catching EVP's. Its good to bring a notebook to record you're experiences, and most definitely a flash light. As said before walkie talkies are a good idea, as well as some research on the place, background information can definitely help you're investigation. Another thing, if you are religious you might what to bring a talisman with you, talisman being a rosary or a bible or a cross or what not, this will A. make you feel more comfortable, and B. help repel any negative entity's or malicious spirits (trust me you don't want to have a run in with those) . Also make sure that the people going in you're group are tottaly serious about the exploration, because you don't want to bring any dicks with you that might try and scare you or pretend to be voices on a recording.....definitely ruins the night.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The main building of the Hudson River State Hospital burned under somewhat mystrious circumsatanses during a bad storm last year. I was actually close enough to hear the lightning strike that was the most likely cause of the blaze.

[edit on 2/1/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The_Blue_Note: thanks for the advice on equipment
I was debating detween getting a digital camera as well as the film one w're already using, as well as wether or not to look into getting a thermal camera

And definately everyone we're bringing is serious about it. I wouldn't let them come if the weren't.

I'm not religious, and I'm not sure any of the people coming with us are, though there is one who told me he might that is....

<< 1   >>

join