It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WalMart Nazi T-shirts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

WalMart Nazi T-shirts

consumerist.com

Just when you thought all of the Walmart tshirts bearing the exact replica of an infamous Nazi symbol were recalled, or sold to a discount store and burned, a Walmart in Palmdale, California has them on sale for $3.00 a pop. 62 weeks after Walmart pledged to remove the shirts from its shelves, and 50 weeks after getting a letter from Congress demanding the shirts removal, they're still out there. If they can't get rid of a simple tshirt, how good are they at recalling toys, defective merchandise, and dangerous food?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
WalMart selling t-shirts with a Nazi symbol on them, thats crazy. I hope someone did not do this on purpose.

consumerist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well for one if Walmart feels that they can make money by seling thme who are we to argue with them. The people of this country are just sad anymore, if you dont like the fact that someone is selling something you don't like then just dont shop there. Congress telling Walmart to pull them off the shelves is an all out joke Congress has no buisness demanding anything of the sort to begin with.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i simply dont see it.

I see a skull an Crossbones, Same one that was on my Powell Sk8board in 1986 and on various video game logos and other such things, witht he crack in the head and all, I see a faint very faint line that has a cross shape other then that i see nuffin.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If you haven't noticed, skulls are in.

You can buy skull watches, shirts, hats, flourescent skulls, skull keyrings, skull toasters, even skull thongs.

Now that someone mentions it, I do see a resemblence between the skull on that shirt and one used by Nazis, but so what?

Did the Nazi's buy rights to images of human skulls in perpetuity?

It's not even exact. Even the Nazis used more than one totenkomf.

Why not ban all images of skull and crossbones.

They are all offensive and express antisocial values.

Oh, yeah. There's tha pesky litte First Amendment, but why wouldn't the First Amendment apply to all skulls and crossbones?

www.nextag.com...

www.bluelips.com...

www.zazzle.com...

www.egeneralmedical.com...

www.spirithalloween.com...

/yvqe65

www.pajamasgirls.com...

/yukmbv

www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 2008/1/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I could've seriously bought that t-shirt and wouldn't have even know I was wearing a Nazi symbol. :shk:

[edit on 26-1-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yes, it does look very close to the Nazi skull. I don't support Wal Mart, but didn't see them with a skull design that close what's being mentioned, since there's so many skull designs to chose from anyway. However skulls, even iron crosses, are a very big now. Over the years they have lost their 'evil' meanings and have transformed to a faux punk/skateboarder/alternative/etc., cool.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
This is just another ridiculous case of political correctness. So just because Nazi's and/or White Supremisists adopt a completly innocent symbol, we should completly bend over backwards and let them take it?

I remember people were after walmart a few years ago for selling sports like jerseys with the number 88 on it (which symbolizes Hail Hitler to neo-nazi's). 88 is just a number. Dale Earnhardt JR is using it as his new number and you don't hear about anyone giving him a hard time.

Now people who are interested in runic symbols can't even go into a tattoo shop and get a tattoo of one because many shops refuse because the neo-nazi's have adopted runic symbols. It's bull, why should we let them ruin everything? I say we take out symbols back!

new topics

top topics

join